• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

I have to be somewhere thy is cool with me cursing, yelling, and generally being more into the game than 99% of people around me. I flip off the tv, pace like a cage animal and everything.

Sometimes it's fun to go to a sports bar with my homeboys but watching the game on a plush leather couch with cheap snacks drinks is better most of the time. I usually only go to bars for PPV events really.

qtjeO1z.jpg

LOLOL

The Milk Carton Kids

Its a Folk Music Band his name is Joey Ryan, he does the vocals/guitar

LOL when I lived on Ohio State's campus in a big party house, we would have a bunch of ppl over to watch the football games and there was always this hipster kid who didn't really know what was going on with the sports balls, but just came over cuz he was a huge alcoholic...

and whenever our team would score a TD and we'd all celebrate he'd shout out something like "FUCK YEAH!!! GAINING YARDS!! GAINING YARDS!!"

hahaha that reminds me of my younger sister who is randomly starting to get into football. i'll say some sort of typical football jargon and she thinks it's hilarious.

if its a sporting event with serious implications (so most nfl games, playoffs other sports) I actually get pretty quiet and just focus on what is happening. I also switch channels like its my job because I try to watch a little bit of everything so im constantly going over potential viewing choices in my head

So apperantly my favorite ESPN talking head gave his Baseball Hall of Fame vote to baseball fans via Deadspin. I'm actually really happy about this and got a good joke out of it too.

Ive finally realized that I actually prefer watching Fox Sports 1 over ESPN at this point

for a couple of reasons, but the main one is the realization that im liable to form my own opinion on whatever the topic is anyway so Im not really too concerned with who is reporting it.

The only thing I want to see is some records / stats on the side and HD highlights. Everything else is irrelevant imo and FS1 seems to have more just straight highlights than ESPN anymore

for some reason they have a lot of Big East and Pac 12 basketball games on FS1 too

dat bias

anyone else get into arguments with people over where athletes went to college out of nowhere?

and its never superstars or anything, the last two I got into a debate over was Jodie Meeks and Rashard Mendenhall, on a winning streak as of late

^ Now you can welcome Demarcus Ware too.

John Elway wants to win now before Peyton dies.

So can we pretty much crown the Broncos AFC champs already??