GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

mls all stars are playing Bayern Munich on ESPN right now

an updated list of my current personal sporting league interests:

NFL>NBA>NCAAB>>>>NHL>>>NCAAF>>>>>>EPL>>>MLS>
PGA>NASCAR>MLB

note that more arrows = larger difference. roughly speaking, you get the idea

I don't consider myself a bandwagon Baseball fan either. I wasn't really into it from 2008-2010 when the Phillies were good either. More of just a "yeah that's pretty cool.... Lebron to miami whaaaat?"

Last edited:
Would you rather watch game 7 nba finals or the Super Bowl ?

No brainer for me. Definitely game 7

Game 7's are probably the greatest thing in sports. Basketball, baseball, and hockey know how to entertain. Playoff hockey is severely underrated

every playoff football game is a game 7

the NBA has managed to become really lame as far as it's image goes IMO. it was a lot cooler when AI was wearing wife beaters to the post game interviews and Sprewell was choking out his coach on the sideline.

now we get hipster glasses, Adam Silver giving the lamest championship presentation of all time, and blatant hypocrisy over the best way to go about rebuilding your franchise.

Because the NBA wants everybody to become the Atlanta Hawks

Watch your mouth

NBA just got even better. The spurs hired the first female assistant coach

aaaand she's a total milf. mmmm it only gets better

soccer would be a lot more appealing if the entire squad wasn't always blaming the refs for everything like a bunch of bitches

Tony Stewart hit a 20 yr old kid last night and killed him with his car, and he's going to race today like nothing happened?

wtf? This dude cares more about some race than the fact he just killed a kid

you make it sound like he hunted him down and ran him over

the guy borderline jumped in front of his vehicle thingy on a dimly lit dirt track wearing a dark racing outfit because he was trying to... point at Tony Stewart? I dont get what his plan of attack was, the blue car in front of Stewart nearly hits him as well.

not saying Tony isn't vaguely responsible, but I don't think the guy who crashed into Dale Earnhardt got charged with murder iirc

that's just racin' bro

Nah I'm just saying maybe he should take today's race off and realize that it's not that important. I mean c'mon he just killed somebody's kid

I don't know how you can just brush off the fact you took someone's life, especially a 20 year old, and decide to race the next day

NFL>NBA>NCAAB>>>>NHL>>>NCAAF>>>>>>EPL>>>MLS>PGA>NASCAR>MLB

damn I forgot I posted this but seriously QFT. I guess MLB would be ahead of PGA and NASCAR, I was just trying to prove a point really.

and we were just talking about Tony Stewart lol

I fucking hate Tony Stewart for the record

I predict the MLS will steal a lot of viewers in our generation from baseball within the next 3-5 years

you saw how many people revved up their bandwagons for the World Cup, they're gonna be like "hey I know that guy from the World Cup!" when an MLS game is competing on television with a 0-0 baseball game in the 7th inning

there are a lot less fouls called in MLS as well, it is basically Americanized soccer. Euro faygs try to pull the diving shit and the refs just look at them and keep running

case and point. QQ Hitler Youth

Last edited:
im tired of people using the "athletes should be role models" bullshit. read some lame ass article about how Mike Vick should never have been allowed back in the NBa.

im sure if you dig deep enough any famous athlete will have some troubles in their private life. maybe because, well shit, who doesnt have problems in their life? It makes me sick to hear people get ripped on for domestic violence too. Im not trying to be racist, actually im gonna go ahead and be racist, black chicks usually are just as much to blame for domestic assault. they get physical entirely too fast and more or less force the male to react the only way that has worked for him in the past (brute, physical force). Im sure if you go through any domestic violence case, 90% of them would have both parties be at equal faults. but it is easier to just shame the male into a criminal charge because you should never hit a woman. which I agree with, you really shouldnt try and knock the chick out or anything. but sometimes you have to get physical, thats just life

Wayne Gretzky had a real bad gambling problem. no wait... his WIFE had a real bad gambling problem. mmm hmm, as in the lady who isnt the face of the NhL. how convenient...

Shawn Kemp had like 22 kids. if even like 3 of them can dunk a basketball half as good as he could, does anyone really care?

Allen Iverson is a total punkass, he'll probably make the hall of fame. cant wait to hear that acceptance speech (shout out to...)

Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson literally assaulted fans. Probably the wrong ones at that, but who really cares. That was probably the most interesting thing to happen in a Pacers game ever tbh

people put too much emphasis on how these people act in their private lives, yet we want them to be ruthless on the court, field, ice, what have you. there isnt just a switch you flip on and off. these people arent CIA Agents. give them some fucking slack.

seriously, outside of killing someone (Hernandez), im not sure what would really constitute a life ban from anything.

Chris Henry died during a domestic dispute with his wife. thrown from the back of a truck. no idea how he found himself in that situation but does anyone even remember that guy? he was fucking good man. but he probably should have just beat the shit out of his girlfriend. then we'd never forget him

^ yeah QFT bro I hear you

Andre Blake (the goalie ftr) is going to play in Europe one day, bet on it. 1:24 in, damn bro

pimp squad

i'm a female

i'm legally bliiii

pimp squad baby

holdin' to dooaww
mama I love you

i'm an innocent by stander

yeah well there's always an MLS team to be bought somewhere around

they could take the failed hockey team's place in atlanta

their playoff system is kind of returded though, much like the European version

ATL-MLS-5.jpg

lol

So my girlfriend might be participating in American Ninja Warrior next week. That's pretty nuts! Anyone watch that show?

i have watched it. it's pretty entertaining. what's a chick with designs on mount midoriyama doing dating your fat ass?

alasdair