Votes: 3 10.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
sorry, the simpsons and futurama is on, not interested any more.

bring me a bathtub of rocketfuel and i'll be all yours, i promise
<3

same as that shithole drama breaking bad.
VWlCb.png

HST wrote about more than just getting fucked up. If more people were familiarized with his days with the Hell's Angels or his work with politics he wouldn't be so romanticized in the drug culture. He's become a larger-than-life figure, not so much for his talent but rather just for his weirdness. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a novelty act, as his gonzo style of writing did have somewhat of an impact in the world of journalism, but his merits are based more on behaving bat shit insane in public. Add to that his penchant for glorifying drug use and BLers will eat that shit up, yo. It's just sad all most people know of him is Fear & Loathing.

"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up" - HST

I just realized that you were implying that we fuck, as in you and me, to create a better species.

No one's ever wanted to create a superspecies with me before :(

Never read the book, but I thought the previews looked funny. Seems like you'd have to be in the right mood for it though, kind of like Fear and Loathing

max, i aint dissing the man, just the following. still, he did buy into his own hype after a while.

carl, don't worry, one day it'll happen, and it will be even more amazing than it sounds. /buying own bs hype

;)

rum dairy looks like is cool guy, and doesn't something something.

johnny depp is a good actor so i will see it. not a fan of hunter though! dont shun me plox

So did anyone see it? I heard it totally flopped at the box office which usually means it it a good movie.

Not yet but I've read good things about it. Gonna go see it on friday and see for myself.

wow an excessive drug use fantasy figure, holy shit my heart's a flutter and i feel faint in utter awe and jealousy

He never reported directly about drugs. Simply used them and an innovative form of hyperbole and participatory journalism based on William Faulkner's idea that the the truest fiction is greater than any journalism.

Read his correspondence (Proud Highway et al) then come back and make sweeping generalizations.

Movie was good, not great. Glad I didn't see it in theaters.

As I've said earlier, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign trail would make a superior film. Won't happen as far as royalties are concerned, unless we can out-wait some of these old cocksuckers and let them die off.

They made up a drug part. I'm guessing it's
NSFW:
L.S.D. Moberg sold them. Thompson never took psychedelics until kesey's place in 68'.
Whoever adapted the manuscript had bosses feeding him lines.

t_t,read further down. i noted i'm not dissing the man, just the following.

I hate those pricks too they see that movie and fuckall and they're fucking set on drugs being a profession.

Doesn't happen.

"If you're going to be crazy you'd better get paid for it or else you'll be locked up."

From the man himself. :)

lol indeed.

and everyone knows if you want to be a professional druggo, just study acting.... or law.

I do, but I won't be seeing it until I can rent it or acquire it by some other means.

Wise choice. If you're a fan of the book it's worth a larf, but not your cinematic full feature dollar.

I wanted to see it, so I downloaded it......
The ending could have been better, although I'd forgotten the actual story in the book. I had a bit of crush on the blondie Depps character stole away through the whole film.
You now it's not the best flick when it's the attractive female keeping me glued to the screen.
It was enjoyable but nothing special really, coming from a has been HST fan.

In the novel I think Sanderson and Kemp represented the two conflicting sides of HST's persona- his anti-authoritative, outlaw side and his conservative upbringing. This wasn't really reflected in movie.

I enjoyed it, but it really didn't do the novel justice. Fear and Loathing was a far superior adaptation IMO.

^In the novel Yeoman was engaged to Chenault and Sanderson was Kemp's other coworker.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I guess Yeoman wasn't even in the film? Or maybe Sanderson is suppose to represent Yeoman while the Sanderson character from the book is omitted from the film?

I need to watch this already =D

Watched this the other night. I never read the novel, to be honest. Was a little disappointed. Honestly, didn't really follow the story too well, it felt all thrown together, like a lot was missing? Maybe someone who read the book can clarify if this is true or not.

Overall, preferred Fear and Loathing more, but that movie was just a load of silly nonsense, hence why I love it so much. Though this was still a decent view.