• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

" The Road To Eleusis : Unveiling the Secret Mysteries " ???

To me, the idea of ancient people using psychedelics is a really nice idea, independent of my feeling that it almost must be true. I'm not sure why it seems to ruffle the feathers of some.

if they were making barleywine, ergot wine is a not much further away all you have to do is let the barley get some ergot on it.

I think it's entirely plausible that some guy making barleywine discovered this and made a secret cult about it.

Last edited:
Traditional medicine includes psychoactive plants in many cultures. Forget the Greeks they were new comers. There is evidence psychoactive mushrooms were consumed for perhaps tens of thousands of years, cannabis as well, opium poppies, khat, coca leaf etc. Does not mean people just sat around getting shit faced all day. There was a purpose to the use of these substances, usually spiritual. Etoh or ethanol alcohol is a fairly new development and was derived during the transition from hunter/gatherer or nomadic lifestyles to that of a more urban society. Plenty of literature out there all one needs to do is use the internet to search for things other than Bluelight. IDK just my 5 cents. You could even study stuff at uni whoa!!