• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

What is cheap? I think their very expensive 17 is the best I've seen and only if you get 40 or more.

Not sure if price discussion is permitted. But less than that buddy. no prices

Also, I plan on going cold turkey and setting up a use plan until I can quit all together.
Possibly only using on weekends. I'll use Ambien and Ativan to help combat my withdrawal. I have no fear of addiction to benzos because I don't get high from them or find them addicting at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if price discussion is permitted. But less than that buddy. no prices

Also, I plan on going cold turkey and setting up a use plan until I can quit all together.
Possibly only using on weekends. I'll use Ambien and Ativan to help combat my withdrawal. I have no fear of addiction to benzos because I don't get high from them or find them addicting at all.

I have xanax. I will use them when I need to. I also don't get high from them, but still worry about addiction.

I wonder how long it would take to get addicted to xanax. If I was to quit opiates and needed to use the xanax for 2-3 weeks would that be enough to get addicted? Say 2 mg a day. Also xanax is weird. One day 1 mg will kncok me out and 2 weeks later 2 mg will only calm me down.

I have xanax. I will use them when I need to. I also don't get high from them, but still worry about addiction.

I wonder how long it would take to get addicted to xanax. If I was to quit opiates and needed to use the xanax for 2-3 weeks would that be enough to get addicted? Say 2 mg a day. Also xanax is weird. One day 1 mg will kncok me out and 2 weeks later 2 mg will only calm me down.

Like any physical dependence, it varies from person to person. However, if you have never had a benzo dependency before, it's doubtful that only a couple weeks of using them would leave you completely physical addicted. Rebound effects like anxiety and insomnia are common, however, it often takes a month or more in the very beginning before real withdrawals present themselves. That being said, it's still very possible depending on your body that a few weeks of daily use is all it would take to produce withdrawals. That's why it's best to avoid long stretches of consecutive use.

It doesn't work like that. I didn't want to become an addict, then I shattered my knee playing sports. Couldn't live without pain meds, at first. Tens of thousands of $'s and an overdose later, I still can't stay clean for more than a month. You think I wanted this?

i dont think you wanted it, but you want it now, cause your in it.

i have an rx for opana ir 5mg thats completely full, and ive had it for 5 months, i wont touch the shit. however, i stopped the vicodin well over a month ago and despite wanting to have one a few times for fun i havent because i really have no intention on getting hooked

Right.. because all of the millions of people who became addicts were willing? Opiates are so addicting and ruin so many lives of all walks of life for a reason.. it's not about will.

in my humble opinion, it is about will. If you've been using for 3232309283 years and you say you're doing it to not get sick, well, with enough will power, you can decide "well, ill endure any pain to get over any habit"

being a victim doesnt work for me, anyone can literally do anything they want to as long as they put their mind to it and REALLY do it. Ive been told in my life numerous times that something was literally not possible, then guess what, i did it.

My pain, for example, no doctor could figure it out, everyone kept telling me "you'll be in pain for the rest of your life" then the pain doctors "you'll be in pain forever, we can just help you manage it." family doc, urologists (three of em), surgeons, you name it, all the same. Guess what? I got sick of the pain and decided to do my own research, came up with a plan, told the docs what to do, got surgery, month and a half later. NO PAIN. But, i was told that it was impossible to cure my pain and id have to deal with it for the rest of my life. The moment i got sick of hearing that and really did something about it, shit changes.

the moment you get sick of having an addiction control your life, the moment you decide that enduring the WD is worth it, and the future moments where you decide not to fall back into habit are your choice, your will, and your strength.

I understand addictions and dependency, ive had both, and ive kicked both.

Just have to add this...I went into a detox for IV heroin/coke. Have detoxed before, cold turkey, subs, and methadone. This place started giving me phenobarbital when I got there. They do subutex detox but you have to be on the grounds for 12 hours

Here's the strange part: after taking the phenobarbital I was not sick at all. My pupils went to little round circles --not pinned but slightly bigger, round, circles that didn't respond to light. Went right to sleep. They would redose like every 8 hours, I slept with no withdrawal symptoms to the point I actually refused the subutex. Didn't need it. I took the pheno for three days, only waking to redose and eat. 72 hours later I still felt no withdrawal but extremely disoriented and fuzzy headed so I stopped the pheno. About a day and a half later felt normal, the fuzzy headed feeling went away. Felt completely normal. I didn't sleep great for about a week tho.

All in all, it was the easiest detox I ever had! Never felt one withdrawal symptom. Why?? I have no idea other than the fact I slept through it all. Phenobarbital is a barbiturate I think, so I'm not sure why it took away all the symptoms and had the weird effect on my pupils. No complaints though

I'm just posting this because it may be a way for someone else who like me has suffered through other methods...

Detoxed almost two months ago. Other than sleep issues the first week or two, really have not even had any post acute withdrawal symptoms.

Anyone else have experience detoxing with phenobarbital?

This is my third day withdrawing from roxies, the first day was hell (I actually thought of killing myself) no joke!! I used to take 4,5 blues at a time 6,8 times a day everyday for the past few months. I just met a friend who has adderall 30mg nd gave me one cause I heard amps help with withdrawals, so I took a half about 30 min ago and feel great. I'm not depressed anymore and don't have that fatigue feeling. My heart rate is fine and don't feel anxious. I only took a half so I'm def taking the other in 3 hours or so, so amps do work

This is my third day withdrawing from roxies, the first day was hell (I actually thought of killing myself) no joke!! I used to take 4,5 blues at a time 6,8 times a day everyday for the past few months. I just met a friend who has adderall 30mg nd gave me one cause I heard amps help with withdrawals, so I took a half about 30 min ago and feel great. I'm not depressed anymore and don't have that fatigue feeling. My heart rate is fine and don't feel anxious. I only took a half so I'm def taking the other in 3 hours or so, so amps do work

They help some people.. but personally, a stimulant is the last thing I would ever want to take when I'm in withdrawal.

Like any physical dependence, it varies from person to person. However, if you have never had a benzo dependency before, it's doubtful that only a couple weeks of using them would leave you completely physical addicted. Rebound effects like anxiety and insomnia are common, however, it often takes a month or more in the very beginning before real withdrawals present themselves. That being said, it's still very possible depending on your body that a few weeks of daily use is all it would take to produce withdrawals. That's why it's best to avoid long stretches of consecutive use.

That worries me because I've been taking 1mg klonopins for 2 1/2 weeks for methadone withdrawal and I'm worried I'm at that point. I had a panic attack yesterday because I was out. I plan to keep taking them for another week I just don't want to straight up have any addiction issues in the end...

I plan to keep taking them for another week I just don't want to straight up have any addiction issues in the end...

Then I would stop them right now. Why risking taking them one more week? Anything more than 14 days is likely to cause more than just a few rebound symptoms. I guess the acute phase of your Opiate WD is over now and I know that PAWS are a bitch to cope with but it is definitely better than a Benzo-WD.
Gabapentin or Pregabalin can help a lot during PAWS and also with coming off Benzodiazepines.

1mg of Clonazepam is not that big of a dose but with its half-life the amount accumulates.

Good luck!

Then I would stop them right now. Why risking taking them one more week? Anything more than 14 days is likely to cause more than just a few rebound symptoms. I guess the acute phase of your Opiate WD is over now and I know that PAWS are a bitch to cope with but it is definitely better than a Benzo-WD.
Gabapentin or Pregabalin can help a lot during PAWS and also with coming off Benzodiazepines.

1mg of Clonazepam is not that big of a dose but with its half-life the amount accumulates.

Good luck!

I found a thread just on PAWS so I'll look into that. I've been taking up to 2mg at a time recently, more like 1.5 per day.

Last edited:
Increasing the dosage is one of the main aspects regarding addiction developement so I'd take it seriously and stop as long as you can with minor problems.
You probably will sleep bad for a few days and experience alleviated anxiety and restlessness but if you are lucky that will be it.
Not taking in account the post-acute-opiate-WD symptoms...

Increasing the dosage is one of the main aspects regarding addiction developement so I'd take it seriously and stop as long as you can with minor problems.
You probably will sleep bad for a few days and experience alleviated anxiety and restlessness but if you are lucky that will be it.
Not taking in account the post-acute-opiate-WD symptoms...

I just can't understand how people can cope with the anxiety from withdrawing and PAWS without benzo's.

I'm around .75mg a day the past 2 days. I realized the other day though that I was starting to like it a little too much.

Is there anything that helps the cold sweats? That is just starting for me & it sucks!

Trying to PM you, but your box is full. Sorry to post that here, but don't know how else to let you know.

I know... i will clean it out. I guess as a newbie i can only have 1 pm in my inbox.

ToOld-Cleaned my box's out

If you can get a hold of some clonidine, it can help with that.

I have clonidine...0.1 mg I haven't tried it yet because i take BP meds. The doctor actually gave me the script & knows i take other BP meds. I am scared my heart is going to stop! To anyone reading this...GET OFF before you get OLD! It really sucks trying to deal with w/d's, what to take what not to take.

OK Rant over LOL

Nothing like being unable to get regular sleep all because of withdrawals. Out of benzos AND opiates for another day or so... booze it is. A hefty stash of clonidine once again to the rescue. I'm left with (only) serious weakness and fatigue, and the occasional peripheral adrenergic reminder to take some more clonidine. Basically I pretty much have to stay in bed as much as possible, but despite that, I'm still unable to sleep.

The clock-watching is probably the worst part. Unless I have some sort of successful distraction, I'm checking it 15 minutes or so. Might not sound so bad but that's nearly a hundred times a day... and if I just decided to ride this out, I use hydromorphone almost exclusively but would still have heavy acute withdrawals for well over a week.

Anybody else get the chills on overdrive while withdrawing? I'm not talking about bouts of feeling cold, I mean in the way you can respond to different music, films, etc, with goosebumps and that chill down your spine. It may happen to me a few times a year but just today I've gotten at least two dozen times. Some of them so intense it's like a full body orgasm..

As far as PAWS anxiety, tough it up. I've got severe GAD, SAD, but and panic disorder and while opiates help somewhat, I managed far longer without them. And for 4 years or so, I've even been prescribed benzos. And yet I've never been in benzo withdrawal (even with cessation). Just take it properly. Don't take it every day. And if you really have to, make sure it's a short ass acting benzo (weak hypnotics that come to mind are Xanax and Ativan), once a day. And you should probably still take a break on the weekends, or a few days a week either way.

The anxiety you may feel with PAWS is my daily bane, and it seems it will like be so for the rest of my life, to the point where I can't even realistically imagine a future where I DON'T take my life within a few years. But I've felt like I that for years, and I'm still here. If I can do it, I'm sure you can endure it for several weeks or even months.