View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The only legal way to hallunicate-sleep depriavation

Computer_collector

Bluelighter
Ive been interested in experencing what hallunications look like. Now I dont plan to be a drug junkie or anything. I know that shrooms or acid can get you in trouble with the law. also I dont plan to take any other drugs and not acid carelessly. well you get the drift. I heard not sleeping for 3-5 days will give you nice hallunications. someone told me its just like an acid trip. how safe is that and have any of you tried it? ive gone 36 hours without sleep but I didnt see any visuals. Its real hard to go more than 24 hours in my case and no, I dont use stimulants

wow man. not sleeping for 3 to 5 days that is totally fucked up. you are gonna have to do some drugs just to stay up that long. if you wanna hallucinate that bad grow some balls and take some acid or shrooms, if you are to much of a pussy to do that then just forget about hallucinating.

id much rather take acid, but I dont know where to get any, and also Ill need someone to watch me while I trip to make sure I dont wander off or accidentally hurt myself. and what if we get caught doing acid? tripping on no sleep isnt illegal. I would never sell acid, I just want to take it for my own use, but the laws messed up :(
oh one more thing, isomics tell me they cant even sleep, so for them its easy to stay up several nights. maybe if I just take quick, short naps or read lots of books and not do exercise I wont tire too fast and be able to say up 5 nights?
[ 23 March 2002: Message edited by: Computer_collector ]

3-5 days worth of sleep deprivation is NOT like doing acid. The effects of prolonged sleep deprivation are probably more hardcore than any drug or combination of drugs you'll ever do.
Right before my 10th grade finals I decided to stay awake the entire week to make a point. Not only are the finals suppossed to determine everything you've learned for the year (thus studying for the finals is essentially cheating), but I made a bet that I would not only study, but I'd stay awake for the entire week and make nothing below a B on any final except for my geometry exam.
I accomplished my goal. The only help I had was from small amounts of No Doze. I didn't sleep the Sunday before my first final and made it awake straight until Thursday night. I actually did better than I had expected. I made all A's (except for my big fat F in geometry). And the second to last final I took, biology, I got a 98%, the best out of my teachers all 4 classes.
After that, staying awake for several days at a time felt like nothing. I only slept a few times in a two month period. I started getting really strange. I felt like if I slept I would miss something. So I would just obsessively stay awake. I'd forget what day or week it was. I became more primal. It basically changed my personality. Although, I never really experienced hallucinations or anything, but it wasn't uncommon for me to pass out in the middle of a sentence at the time.
I could NEVER stay awake like that again, even on drugs when I started sleeping again.
Now if I stay awake for even 48 hours, I will become incredibly paranoid, see shadow people, hear imaginary people talking, and usually see imaginary animals.. usually squirrels for some strange reason.
It's NOT like tripping at all. You basically become delusional and see and hear things that aren't there.
In my opinion, if you want an experience that will boost creativity, I think sleep deprivation is better than any drug. If you're looking for a recreational experience, just do drugs.

I think you got a point there. so not sleeping is kinda like a bad trip, you feel scared and think yer going nuts? do you see stuff melting or lots of funky colors on walls and floors? what about trails? I did imagine I saw someone in the room when I didnt sleep all night, I looked in the room but saw no one. also things seem a little blurry. well is there other easy ways to hallunicate? maybe meditation?

Computer Collector is obviously a fuckin TROLL!!!! He's just posting stupid shit to get a rise out of all of you......Hey Computer Collector why dont you go jerk off to the O'Reily factor or something.....cause knowone here wants to listen to your dumb ass shit
OUT

calm down man, what did I say that offended you? all I wanted to know was what effects lack of sleep does.

Well just incase you didnt realize this Computer Collector.....sleep deprevation IS NOT A PSYCHEDELIC DRUG!!!!! Why dont you go find some little fag ass computer geek forum to post your shit on!!!! If your honestly interested in having hallucinations you MUST consume a hallucinogenic drug....sure you can hallucinate from lack of sleep but they will NOT be anything like what you would expierance from a psychedelic drug.....you also stated in another post that "Drinking a 8 oz bottle of Robotussin will kill you" Um.....WRONG obviously you dont know jack shit about drugs in general...you can drink alot more than an 8 oz bottle of robotussin without any negative side effects....jesus..you sound like you just bounced right off the http://www.theantidrug.com/
WEBSITE!!!...now obviously your lost little boy so go back there and tell everyone how Soccer and Reading are better than tripping
OUT
(HEY... chill out, dude... this is a legitimate topic which has sprouted some interesting dialog. If you dont like it, don't read it. NOT FLAMING!)
[ 24 March 2002: Message edited by: Sebastians_ghost ]

This isn't true, AFAIK. I have stayed up for a little more than 48 hours at once max, and no hallucinations, just a body buzz which was actually pretty enjoyable (that probably had something to do with the Adderall I'd taken in the first day.)
The only hallucinations I've heard in firsthand reports are similar -- flickers on the edge of your vision, etc. They appear to be just hypnaogogic hallucinations, the mini-dreams you can often get while just falling asleep when very tired. I've had this sort of thing happen while driving: I imagined seeing an elephant of to the side of the road, then all of a sudden snapped awake and realized I'd started to dream with my eyes open. Not a good feeling when you're driving.
The author of The Promise of Sleep, a medical sleep researcher, discusses some detailed monitoring he did on some kid going for the world record on sleep deprivation (7-10 days IIRC). The kid became exceedingly irritable, but showed no signs of hallucinations or delusions.
So I think this is a total myth.

BTW, the hallucinations that I get (from shrooms/acid at least) really AREN'T that exciting. If you want to see what they look like, download one of those psychedelic screen savers that make things ooze around or breathe. There you go. When I first did LSD, I was like "oooh, neat" -- for about 5 seconds, then it got old. Tracers are what you'd imagine them to be -- things leave a trail behind them -- I'm sure you've probably seen camera effects that do this. Those were exciting for maybe a whole 5 minutes.
Closed-eye visuals are slightly cooler, but again, look just like the crazy spirals/patterns you see in psychedelic artwork -- except for me they're less detailed and more ephemeral, if you will.
The most interesting visual distorions I've had have been from either DXM or heroin. DXM at high doses caused a flanging effect -- I would see things at a refresh rate of about 1/second. Eg I would be filling up a glass of water and I'd see it empty -- then a quarter full -- then half full -- then three-quarers full -- etc, with nothing in between.
And heroin hallucinations are these beautiful waking dreams -- I could close my eyes, go into basically the sensory experience of a full-on dream (I couldn't control it though), but I was mentally awake and could snap out of it and discuss it with my friends. Pretty fun, especially when combined with the amazing feeling of utter bliss and love that sweet Lady H gives me.

i never said sleep deprivation is like a psych. drug. someone told me it gives u trippy hallunications *like* a drug does. I get your point now. lack of sleep doesnt do much other then sometimes gives you floating dots or shapes at the corner of yer eyes. it makes things a little blurry. and cough syrupt, isnt a normal dosage like 1 t spoon? 8 ounce is 48x the dosage! I do know that you can hallunicate from megadosages of acetaminophen and cough syrupt but if you take enough to hallunicate, in about 8 hours your liver will fail and u die soon. maybe some need higher LD to die, but im not that dumb to try. no im not anti-drug, im open minded. I dont get why you are so immature for a 24 year old. grow up!

I dont know whats with Madhatter4 flaming me. Im a new member to this forum and just wanted to know the effects of sleep deprivation. I dont know everything in the world. and I never said I was antidrug. yea thanks Zorn for letting me know what a trip looks like. often I hear at higher dosages, like 3 hits you see alot more than trails, such as stuff melting, floating, morphing, etc. Id sure love to dream while awake! granted, I enjoy my dreams, but nothing compares to seeing stuff while fully aware! I read tons about acid and shrooms. I want to experence a trip many times in my life. I know its risks and I can be careful

Large doses of APAP won't cause you to hallucinate, unless you take a fatal dose, in which case you will may become delirious as your brain dies of horrible poisoning.
DXM, the active ingredient in cough syrup, will cause interesting psychological effects in the range of ~200mg+ (half a bottle or so), and doesn't become lethal until around 2500mg+.
If you haven't yet discovered http://www.erowid.org , I recommend you chekc it out: there is a ton of basic info, very reliable, a good place to start.

Actually, I stayed up without the aid of stimulants for around 72 hours once - I wasn't *trying* to stay up, I was just dealing with a serious-ass bout of insomnia. In fact, I was drinking about 5 gin and tonics a day during the whole ordeal. Towards the end I was actually hallucinating, but the vast majority of it were those black shadow peope/animals that flit around your peripheral vision. I was convinced for a few seconds that one of my friends was sporting a two foot canary yellow mohawk, and at some point I fashoned a copy of barely legal into a crude T-shirt (although it's not totally unheard of me to do shit like that).
[ 23 March 2002: Message edited by: *CrystalMeth Bunny* ]

thanks for the link. I read a huge list of 89 of the DXM CONTAINING PRODUCTS (OVER-THE-COUNTER) and most contain other active ingrediants besides DXM that can kill you in small dosages, like taking enough of(see below) to get 200mg of DMX will give u a deadly dosage of maleate and probably ace.
Comtrex Multi-Symptom Cold Reliever Tablets/Caplets
by Bristol-Myers Products
Active Ingredients (per tablet):
Acetaminophen 500mg,
Pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg,
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2mg,
DXM HBr 15mg.
Robitussin seems to be the safest, since it contains just DXM as active ingrident. what about the inactive ingridents? wont they make you sick?
15 mgs per teaspoon
88.5 mgs per ounce
Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough (Robo Max) is the most popular cough medicine in the recreational DXM community. It is the standard medicine for use. The medicine comes in 4 ounce and 8 ounce bottles. A 4 ounce bottle contains 354 milligrams of DXM. An 8 ounce bottle contains 708 milligrams of DXM.
where can I find this and is there any laws against this? will I need to fill out forms to buy that?

I read more about it, in order to get a real trip, since i weigh 140lbs, ill need about 650 grams of DXM which is half to a third of toxic dosage. taking 325 grams(a 4 ounce bottle) will give you a mild hallunication like seeing rainbow colors, trails, none of the melting, morphing stuff. also I heard it usually causes bad trips :(

Hello computer_collector, Welcome to Psychedelic Drugs. Have you taken a few moments to read our forum guidelines? If not, please do so.
Sleep deprivation isn't a drug at all, so I'm not entirely sure this post belongs here, but I'm going to leave it open for now.
No more flaming you guys. That ALSO is a guideline, and I expect you to stick to it.
The erowid site is a great one, I suggest you spend a long time reading there before you make any decisions about trying drugs of any type. Read their FAQs, and especially read their trip reports (both the good ones and bad ones).
The FAQ forum on Bluelight is also a GREAT place to get information, and I'd reccomend reading several of those, and also digging around in the psychedelic drugs archive.
You've been asking a lot of questions about Robotussin, please read The DXM FAQ. It will answer a lot of your questions and also give you a lot of important safety info.
There is a wealth of information about these drugs on the internet.
In response to your original question, let me tell you that I do not think you understand the nature of psychedelic hallucinations. Acid and shrooms DO produce visuals, but its more like watching the world around you warped with colors and melting, etc. You won't see little green men or anything like that, at the most familiar things may take on the characteristics of something alien like that.
Sleep deprivation on the other hand, produces delusions. These are the horror stories you hear about. Where the dog talks to you and the little green men jump out of the shadows to get you.
And DXM(the active drug in Robotussin) is more like being in a waking dream.
I do not know what exactly you are after, but the most profound effects of ALL of these ways of altering consciousness take place not in front of your eyes but in your own mind. The way you perceive the world around you, and process your thoughts, language and emotions will change. There are advantages and disadvantages to this, and I do not think that words can ever completely convey to someone who is uninitiated as to what it is like.
There are certainly risks involved in the use of any drug, and I'm glad to see your concerned about those. But if you are truly curious, do not let your concerns deter you. Read, research, think and plan ahead.
Pure

I read all about DXM:
Secondly, doing DXM is either disgusting or a time-consuming process for most people. Cough syrup tastes bad, and is unpleasant to drink; even the gelcaps become unpleasant to take after a few times due to their rather large size. DXM can of course be extracted, but it is a time-consuming process that requires enough effort to discourage those only casually interested.
Third, DXM is to a certain extent "anti-addictive", at least when used occasionally. Because DXM blocks NMDA receptors (see Section 9 and Section 10.3), it prevents associating any pleasant effects of the drug with the taking of the drug. Instead, the memories of taking the drug are associated with sensations before the DXM kicks in, e.g., nausea.
Fourth, DXM trips can be extremely confusing, especially if the user doesn't have experience with psychedelics. The DXM trip is so unlike an LSD or mushroom trip that people who take it expecting the latter are often discouraged and do not repeat the experience.
the 4th part doesnt sound good. 2/3 report that they dont like its effects. guess Id be better off taking lsd. much safer and better trips. as for the flaming Madhatter4 has done plenty of that against me. Madhatter4 has no manners :(

as for the flaming Madhatter4 has done plenty of that against me. Madhatter4 has no manners
Wasn't acusing you of flaming anyone. But ALL flaming needs to stop
BTW you probably got flamed because of your early comments about "drug junkies" and whatnot. This message board is used primarily by drug users, so that comes across a little bit like an insult. Be a little bit more considerate of who your talking to in future posts and you'll recieve more respect.
Pure
[ 23 March 2002: Message edited by: PuristLove ]