• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old and Overgrown DOC thread (fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

Well someone just read the report and concluded "now we know that insufflating DOC is not exponentially more intense or dangerous", which is a rather premature conclusion to draw based on just one subjective report.

Who thought that ? The thing i'd draw from the things that've been written is that it's a powerful psychedelic which wants treated with respect coz it's probably about twice as potent as DOM and clearly gets into your mind as opposed to say 2cd.Whoever thought it was a green light to snort whatever took their fancy is very peculiar.
zophen.

Who thought that ?

Who thought it? It doesn't matter who thought it. But if you really must know who thought it just read up the thread a few posts. What matters is not who thought it but that its patently wrong, and so we corrected it. ;)

DexterMeth said:
It just seems like you're comming acrossed a little harsh. No offense intended.

If you think I'm coming across harsh, you need to take a step back and get some rest, take a few days off the internet..

Yes, I know that any information is good information, but it does matter when someone set's an example like that. Snorting is not safe. Not reporting a dosage is not safe info. But people are concluding that snorted DOC isn't any more dangerous as taking it orally. For god's sake, you don't even know what the dosage was. How is that safe information?

Really he was obviously "under the influence" and what he posted revealed this but so what, he's generally coherent and contributes decent stuff and i for one have no idea why you're getting at him, it seems very silly/childish to me.

Right. It doesn't matter who it was that wrote dribble, it doesn't matter how much he contributes, if he's a mod or a senior administrator, if the post does not make sense and isn't contributing anything to the thread (apart from popular believe that it does), there are going to be comments about it.

Who thought that ?

Read the thread more carefully next time:

bluedolphin said:
now we know that insufflating DOC is not exponentially more intense or dangerous...

By the by, arguing is fun, but not when people are getting hostile. Keep your cool..

Blowmonkey said:
Read the thread more carefully next time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolphin
now we know that insufflating DOC is not exponentially more intense or dangerous...

By the by, arguing is fun, but not when people are getting hostile. Keep your cool..

That statement seems randomly pulled out of context to me, but I'll stand by it. If you have the means to accurately measure DOx substances, there is no evidence to support the claim that snorting your dose will likely make your trip even 2x as intense (as it roughly would with many psychedelics), let alone be any dangerous on a physical level.

Perhaps insufflation will prove to be the preferred method for many to consume DOC... if it proves to reduce the duration and leaves all other factors pretty much the same. <-- which by the way appears to be the case. But it's too early to make that call.

I doubt I'll be snorting DOC any time soon, as I have no problems with the oral route, but some people are going to try it. Who knows maybe some people who love to plug shit will stick some up their arse... hopefully they post something about it's relative effects compared to oral dosing.

A pretty much "brand new" chem is out and the only info we have is whatever people feel like telling us from the field. I say we take what we can get so people can draw their own conclusions regarding safety/dose/etc.

Ya I think after first oral dose at 2mg I will try a low dose (1.5mg) by plugging it. It will probably kick in faster, have shorter duration, and more intensity than a equvilant oral dose. I have always found plugging to be preferable way to take psychedelics as well as others. You get more bang for your buck, less GI disturbance, and a good way to cut down duration. But this is not always the case and may not be for DOC so I will have to carefully experiment with it. I will definitly report back with both the oral and plugging experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolphin
That statement seems randomly pulled out of context to me, but I'll stand by it.

It is the words that I put in bold face that are patently wrong. You don't know, you can't know from so little data, and you certainly don't speak for the rest of us.

how about, chill the fuck out?
i'm frying my tits off with this shit.

WAAAY smoother than DOI.
Though some things to mention:
about 3 hours into it, shit i dont know how long into it, my muscus was very bitter and acidic for like a full minute..like it was stinging my lips. very strange.

other than that. smooth saiillling.

and if that acidic burning my lips thing ends up giving me some lethal parkinsons cancer tumor., so be it :D

EDIT - oh, and it's definately NOT like acid. if definately different.
EDIT2 - 9:18pm .. arreadly past the peak

definately ;)

bluedolphin said:

Now we also have this report (2.5mg) by detriment5

This report
by Aphex Ecstasy @ 2 mg

There is also a thread over at The Shroomery about DOC which contains less bickering at the moment and a few comments from other people who've tried it:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4841873/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Just an update, some of the arguing about the rules has been moved to this thread.

Note that because some people have mixed DOC information and rules arguing in the same post some DOC information might be moved over there. If you think its that important, just copy and paste it back over here. I don't have time to split up everyone's post for them. Sorry.

And, of course, until any rules are change the existing rules apply. That means, for now:

1) Tone it down on the trip dribble. Try to be coherent. It is really best, IMHO, to report your experience after you have come down. Post rantings in your journal and link to them here if you want.
2) Try to provide technical details that will be usefull to others, thats what this forum should be providing IMHO.
3) Don't argue about the rules any more in here. Just try to follow them.

BD, you asked this in the other thread, but its about DOC so I'm answering here:

So... since you eat drugs after all, you might want to try a few milligrams of this new "DOC" stuff... it's pretty good.

I will soon. I hope, DOC being an amphetamine, that it doesn't turn out to cause alot of mania like the other amphetamines I've tried (including DOM) seem to do. So far from the reports here, it does seem to me like it gives people a little bit of that amphetamine mania.

I have taken DOC twice and DOI five times. Compared to DOI, I find DOC to be much more favorable. My experiences with DOI have been great; but it can be a bit much in terms of duration. The visuals are wonderful and the mind is blissfully invigorated for the first twelve hours or so. After a while I get tired. Every DOI trip I have taken has lasted about 20 hours. There is absolutely zero chance for sleep before it is over unless I use some sort of sedative. I always get an early start on DOx's so the duration is fairly tolerable.

The first time I took DOC I took 3 mgs orally. The second time I took it I insuflated 1 mg and took 2 mg sublingually. The flavor is a salty, sweet chemical taste, not too bad.

The first time I took DOC I experienced moderate nausea followed by projectile vomiting. This lasted for about 15 minutes. This occured almost simultaneously along with a sudden awareness of brilliant colors inside of my head. It was hard to tell if my GI tract had a chance to absorb all of the DOC. Immediately after vomiting there was a sense of divine awareness that lasted throughout the trip. This feeling is difficult to describe and more than made up for that brief physical malaise. The trip lasted fifteen hours and was characterized by a wide spectrum of colors seen mostly in what I suppose I would call my mind's eye. Every thing that was happening was occuring inside of my head. My body felt great. There was no body load, only a wonderful feeling of exuberant contentedness. This is not the speedy, rolling feeling that DOI gives me. Very few visuals other that color for my first trip until I lay in bed to fall asleep, and they did not seem inhibit sleep. There were rich fantasy images. Any thought that flowed through my mind was projected into beautiful 3D.

My second trip was perfect. It took an hour and a half to come on. This time there were absolutely no physical rejection of the material. It came on clean and stayed clean throughout. This trip was much more visually intense, although not near as much as LSD. It is more colorful than DOI yet somehow less hallucinatory for me. With DOI I often feel like I need to take something extra, such as 2C-I or 2C-E, in order to achieve the proper head space. DOC is more of a total package. Nothing is really left to be desired. The only thing that I did not like about DOC is how it affected my taste buds. Eating food was a chore and was not appealing. This could have something to do with the nausea of the first trip, but that would not explain the presence of the effect on the second trip. While the anorexia experienced on the DOC was undesirable, I found this chemical to be preferrable to DOI. (I don't recall DOI supressing appetite) I will definitely be exploring both chemicals further and feel very fortunate to have experienced them. They have both been great tools for writing and introspection as well as giving me an oppurtunity to savor the beauty of myself, humanity, life, the world, and God.

Well, i took a dose of about .25mg around seven hour ago, and this stuff is definately active at lower doses. I'll save a full trip report for when i experiment with higher doses, but .25mg produced a definate euphoria, in addition to a significant brightening of colors. I'd warn people that this seems to be active at quite low doses, a friend of mine found 1mg to be too intense for his liking.

^and i found 4mg to be not intense enough for my liking. But you made a very good point. People should start as low as possible, then move up if warranted.

i plan to start at 3mg.
But i know from prior experience with PEA and psychedelic amps that this would probably end up being on the low side for me.
I will defiently have a trip report up when i try it.

Tonight though, LSD.
hehehe

Nobody fucks with the morninggloryseed ;)

Since anorexia on this one was brought up, I thought I'd add that I noticed this did make me forget to eat. However, when the thought occured to me that I should probably eat something, I found it to be a pretty normal eating experience.

Glogga that manic-DOx issue is of particular concern to me as well, and it is among my top priorities in personal psychedelic research to avoid such chemicals. DOC is very smooth, I found it kind of relaxing in that clean amphetamine focused way. Much less stimulating than DOI is and DOM sounds. However, it is a long trip that is certainly not sedating by any means (similar to L in terms of stimulation, but a different feel)-- if you start having a bad time or lose your ability to focus, or get in over your head, I could easily see someone having a manic time on the stuff.

About the same as LSD in that respect. I've seen a few wild manic episodes on that and I think the same could happen with DOC.

bluedolphin, did you ever get around to 2C-E yet? I'm curious if you think it rivals 2C-E as yaesutom does. That is just hard to imagine. Any other DOC-takers also taken 2C-E and wish to compare?

I am getting very excited about DOC now! Very, very excited. DOI and DOB never excited me like this, I've passed on the chance to sample both of them so far...though I would not totally rule out taking DOI one day. Only DOM excites me more than DOC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.