• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old and Overgrown DOC thread (fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldnt rule out at least trying DOI. I think it's a great chem that has a lot to offer.. The high dose DOI trips though are the only ones really worth the time IMO. It gets EXTREMELY visual at higher doses, but still feels smooth and calm on the body, unlike a lot of other RC's, that when you dose high on them, you start to feel unwanted uncomfortable physical side effects. I'll be taking a high dose DOC trip (only my 2nd time on DOC) in the next day or so, and post the results, probably in a TR.

Yeah the thing that makes me shy away from DOI (and 2C-P which I also really want to sample) is the length of action. That's what really is the final sale for DOC....doesn't seem too much longer than LSD is.

Alright, i did a tasting of .25mg yesterday, and i'm going to question the stated duration. It took 18 hours after ingetion for sleep to finally be possible, even with administration of 1mg of klonopin, 5mg of zolpidem (ambien), and a handful of 3mg melatonin pills.

I'm waiting to see more reports on this one before a duration is totally confirmed.

Some rules related posts moved to the rules thread.

I'm still curious how you folks are measuring doses. Are you using a high precision scale or are you using a solution method? If you are using a solution method I'd like to know what solvent you are using and in what concentration.

MGS I'm not sure what you are saying about duration. Pihkal lists the duration of DOC at 12-24 hours, and 2c-p at 10-16 hours. So if duration was the reason you aren't trying 2c-p I don't think DOC would buy you any time.

^

My source is from a sheet of blotter measured out to 2mg per hit. A corner of the sheet was eyeballed and taken, and i eventually calculated the area of that corner relative to the rest of the hit, and determined dosage from that..

morninggloryseed said:
Yeah the thing that makes me shy away from DOI (and 2C-P which I also really want to sample) is the length of action. That's what really is the final sale for DOC....doesn't seem too much longer than LSD is.

I found 2cp to be only marginally longer than 2ce (this is plugged mind you )lasts around 8hours.
zophen.

DOI and DOC last about just as long from my initial testing on DOC (only once) but the bulk of the trip did infact wear off from a ++ down to a half + after 8hrs...it took about 18hours just like the other guy said after ingestion to get to sleep, even after cosuming some poppy tea.

gloggawogga said:
I'm still curious how you folks are measuring doses. Are you using a high precision scale or are you using a solution method? If you are using a solution method I'd like to know what solvent you are using and in what concentration.

I haven't tried my DOC yet, but I prepped it so I can test it for Halloween.
Anyway, I weighed out 50mg on a scale that is accurate to 1mg, then put this powder into a 100mL graduated cylinder. I then added vodka (40% Ethanol), to make a solution of 50mL. The vodka was from the freezer, so the powder did not dissolve immediately, I spent maybe 15 minutes stirring with a pipette until all solids had dissolved completely. I then double checked to make sure I hadn't lost too much vodka due to evaporation, and put the 50mL solution in an amber glass jar, and put it back in my freezer. When I prepare to dose I'll use a blunt end syringe which measures accurately to the nearest .1mL (=.1mg), or I could use a pipette, which measures accurately to the nearest .01mL (.01mg).

has anyone snorted DOC yet? i have, it hits you fast but i dont have a scale that can wiegh mg so i eyed it up, but dam i tripped my face off.

It is really best, IMHO, to report your experience after you have come down

But sometimes your best feelings come out while you are tripping and may not make much sense at the time, but I actually understood most of that post that yaesutom and so did Cat again it looks like. Its just trip talk. I just think a lot of my feelings during a real nice trip are very hard to explain, or don't make much sense when you are down. Yaesutom's post brought out some nostalgia when I read it and I don't think I was alone on this.

I wish I could get my hands on some of these chems to try them out. I just want to find the one who might beat out LSD in visuals. I've eaten plenty of good doses and mush in my day, I just want to find something that might beat out the experience I had on 5 hits of the pyramids that were goin around I think it was 4 years ago in the NE.

But I do agree with the moderators point about just randomly snorting and eating these chems without measuring them and then posting about it. If I was going to do it I wouldn't post about it afterwards so someone who was less "seasoned" as me would copycat what I did.

I guess just based on the DOC reports I have read here, and from discussions with those who have tried it, I get the impression that DOC is the shortest of the halo-DOx series. Not too much longer than LSD anyway. Even if it is a little longer, it sounds so easy on the body that the long trip won't be as uncomfortable.

As for the lower doses sleeping issues: 0.2mg DOB (just above threshold),a normal sleep followed the normal bed time (T+ 12h).With 0.4mg,Baseline seemed at 9h,but sleep was not achieved before 14h.0.5mg,sleep finally at 16h.Full doses last 30h.Some say you can sleep on it,well,not really,T+18h maybe some napps.Yes,theres a lot of stimulation which seems part of the DOX (esp. halos) series as it is apparent with ALL amphetamine psychedelics I sampled (DOM,DOB,TMA),I can't believe this to be different with DOC.About all took Xanax or whatever,that says a lot.

Thats a main reason the 2C's were then made,very calm trip,sometimes even hypnotic/sedating (halos a bit an exception here also) and you have a prefect sleep when its over,no hangover the next day.

MGS, .25mg of DOC kept me up for 18 hours, despite taking 1mg of klonopin and a lot of melatonin.

I suspect this one may vary from person to person

Ghettotastic_bong said:
MGS, .25mg of DOC kept me up for 18 hours, despite taking 1mg of klonopin and a lot of melatonin.

I suspect this one may vary from person to person

Was it ever uncomfortable in the way DOB, aMT, and other long-lasters have been described or was it fairly comfortable?

^
I had some slight muscle tension, but compared to DOB, it's nothing. As far as long lasting compounds go, this is definately the subjectively *easiest* type trip. DOB has a strange dark amphetamine edge to it in my experience. I've never tried AMT, but have heard enough unpleasant things to make me not want to.

DOC has a tendency to feel slightly uncomfortable on teh eyes, like physically, if anyone knows what i'm talking about from other RC's. but overall, compared to the other DOx's and to all the other RC's i've tried, it's incredible smooth and NOT a mind fuck...with massive, deep and colorful visuals.

You go up, see heaven, then come down again. and do it over and over and over until you cant function anymore :\ is that how it works?

gloggawogga said:
Are you using a high precision scale or are you using a solution method? If you are using a solution method I'd like to know what solvent you are using and in what concentration.

High precision scale: yes
solution method: yes
solvent: as pure of alcohol as I can find

MDMARI said:
Do all of these RC's keep you up for long periods of time.

No, research chemicals vary drastically in their effects and length of action. A few of them will barely keep you awake. A few of them only last a couple hours.l

morninggloryseed said:
Was it ever uncomfortable in the way DOB, aMT, and other long-lasters have been described or was it fairly comfortable?

I've never tried DOB, but my understanding is that it is much, much more stimulating than DOC. At least that's what friends tell me.

Compared to AMT, which I've taken a few times, the body-load is much less with DOC-- very smooth-- and the comedown doesn't leave you feeling shitty (like AMT)... it just kinda slowly wears off until the point you can sleep.

Catch me online (aim), we can discuss some of the more specific questions you might have about DOC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.