• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The official tear each other's throats out thread (Unofficial Aus. Soc. sucks thread)

I HATE EVERYONE!!!

AAAARGH!

wait... fuck.... no I don't.

Namedrop Threads were the fucking bane of The Lounge and by god will I be happy if they are banned here.

Along with those pointless, discussionless topics like:

"What colour is your car?"

Which yields 4 pages of one word answers that no one reads.

Get rid of these and AusSoc will return back to its grand heights of yesteryear. Keep them and this is just a el loco Lounge clone.

doofqueen - you gotta chill mate. Every post I have seen of yours of late has been pretty fired up. Let some of the stuff go and accept that you probably won't get along with everyone.

re deleting posts:

Originally posted by MoeBro
Yeah you do. Especially when there are 15 people all with their own agendas hurling shit at each other.

+1 to moe.

sure, there are times when deleting posts isn't appropriate, but if anybody thinks that the way the forum has been going, in terms of bickering and stuff like that, hasn't been excessive in the last few days then they're fucking blind.

also consider this: if one of us comes into the forum and spots the first page of what looks to be a pretty massive argument, what do you think we should do? the options: a) close the thread; b) leave it and tell people not to post bad things; c) delete offending posts.

now, a) would be stupid, unless in extreme cases (of which there have even been some recently). not only does it completely cut off any avenue of discussion (and implicitly encourage people to start new ones complaining about said thread being close), but it also ruins an otherwise perfectly good thread. b) works sometimes, but as most people realise, it's generally not the case. when people are having heated exchanges - ESPECIALLY on the internet - diplomacy and perspective often goes out the window. saying 'please don't do that' is generally nowhere near enough. not to mention the fact that while you could say that and things might appear to quieten down, NONE of the bluelight mods (omg, volunteers!) can be expected to be here 24 hours a day - what may have seemed a reasonable warning and continuation of discussion could feasibly degenerate between that time and the next time the mod is online, it's common sense. c) is the best option in most cases, clearly. now, deleting posts isn't something that any of us wants to do, but you have to take into account all that i've said above, and realise that sometimes it's just a necessity.

i honestly don't understand why people, who otherwise seem to have plenty of intelligence and common sense, can't understand why this happens. it's never censorship for censorship's sake; we just attempt to run things as smoothly as possible.

Originally posted by Shnouzerpuff
I HATE EVERYONE!!!

AAAARGH!

wait... fuck.... no I don't.

Namedrop Threads were the fucking bane of The Lounge and by god will I be happy if they are banned here.

Along with those pointless, discussionless topics like:

"What colour is your car?"

Which yields 4 pages of one word answers that no one reads.

Get rid of these and AusSoc will return back to its grand heights of yesteryear. Keep them and this is just a el loco Lounge clone.

doofqueen - you gotta chill mate. Every post I have seen of yours of late has been pretty fired up. Let some of the stuff go and accept that you probably won't get along with everyone.

discussion re: the name-dropping threads will be entered into amongst the mods very soon. on the pointless one-post threads...they are kept to a minimum. that's why the music thread now has guidelines, it's why the off-topic thread was closed, it's why the word-association thread was closed. you can trust me in saying that not too many people like those threads. i try to make them go away :)

Originally posted by Pleonastic
I'd be interested in more comments about some threads being allowed to go off topic. Can it be a good thing? Or should all topics be static and clearly defined? Is it possible for an absolutly pointless thread to be left open if it turns into something good soon after? Or should they all be locked regardless?

like i mentioned in (one of) my post(s) just above, i think it's fine to a fair extent. people just need to exercise some intelligent discretion; i think, seriously, that the mods here have been absolutely fine with letting threads going off-topic as long as it doesn't cause the discussion to degenerate. do you really disagree?

absolutely pointless threads which have turned into discussions generally *are* left open. if i had a memory, i could give you examples but i KNOW there's been at least one recently. if you really don't believe me, i can trawl back a few pages and find it i guess ;)

Marvellous!

1234 if there was a referendum for a new Jesus '05 between you and Robocop I would say you definately 100% ~might~ maybe have my vote!

oh fuck is that a namedrop?

hell no it is a praisedrop. Praise to that fine modding decision and praise to Patrick Murphy. That fine robotic police officer.

plur.

Originally posted by doofqueen
^^ no we are not allowed to think outside the square and must follow all rules...

damn i think i need some oiling ..... squeak squeak

why say something pointless and inflamatory like this. i realise that my posts here, about off-topic stuff, have been after yours, but i think the mods attitude in recent times has been pretty liberal - depending clearly on discussion and potential for it. off-topic for the sake of off-topic is the only shit that's really frowned upon.

Originally posted by Shnouzerpuff
Marvellous!

1234 if there was a referendum for a new Jesus '05 between you and Robocop I would say you definately 100% ~might~ maybe have my vote!

oh fuck is that a namedrop?

hell no it is a praisedrop. Praise to that fine modding decision and praise to Patrick Murphy. That fine robotic police officer.

plur.

VOTE 1 ROBOJESUS!

Originally posted by doofqueen
ok so this is my issue of late ok (in all seriousness)

I usually bite my toungue on here and always have. I know my opinions and perspectives on issues is vastly different from the majority. Hence why i bite my toungue. I like chaos but don't want to ruffle feathers in a bad way so i don't (didn't rather) Then i decide "you know what? fuck it... i'm going to say exactly what i want about everything"

i disagree: there are plenty of people with controversial opinions on here (i have a few, wish i had more ;)), and not everybody hates them; nor do people hate you as much as you seem to think they do. in fact, if you didn't bite your tongue, people would probably appreciate it more. the problem is, people don't give a fuck about peoples' feelings on the internet: if they disagree with you, they're probably going to argue with you.

there's rarely anything personal - if someone thinks you're a hippy (and they don't like hippies) for going to doofs, then so be it. it doesn't have shit to do with anything. similarly, i'm entirely open to somebody telling me i'm [insert insult here] for being a [insert strange habit of mine here]. these things happen: as eloise and cynakill so eloquently stated, conflict is healthy, conflict is good. don't worry if you think your posts will incite conflict; do worry, however, if you don't think you can handle whatever criticisms they may also incite.

and guess what happens?

I get told (and yes i know i'm repeating myself but i want to put it all in one post

*that i'm a heratless bitch because i'm not a fan of a celebrity

*That i have less intelligence because i really can't be bothered (and am not as talented as some) with spelling...

*That i'm on a high horse and think i'm high and mighty because i stand up for what i believe in (which obviously made people feel bad enough about their own ethics hence trying to make me feel bad about mine)

*that i'm not tactful so people don't understand me

*That *I* am the one that is the aggresser

*That i'm defensive and i take everything personally

so because i have different views i get all these things thrown at me.

because obviously i am in the wrong here.

no, that's what you're missing here. i doubt ANYONE here has levelled those complaints at you because of your opinions; people say those things because they perceive you as unable to handle any criticism *of* those opinions. when somebody tells you that they think doofs are *bad* for the environment, for example, it isn't a personal sleight against you; just a disagreement. it's cause for healthy debate, not cause for getting upset.

anyway, i don't mean to turn this into a DQ-bashing post (i just take umbrage is all), so if you'd like me to take this to private message (and delete this post) that is fine, just lemme know. however, i'd appreciate the opposite, as i don't think i'm being unfair; merely trying to arrange a diplomatic solution to said perceived problems.

and to end i would like to apologise for me being such a tool today (just to show my good graces) :)

thanks for your time....

cheers.

Robojesus; Sounds like the next Mel Gibson flick.

In all seriousness I have to concurn about the name dropping, its getting ridiculous and I just cant be arsed trying to sort through 50 pages of bluelighters pissing in each others pockets in order to find the one constructive post.

^^^ point noted.

for all of those who haven't read it recently (or at all!), i highly suggest people read the guidelines before they consider posting in this thread (especially if they feel like being constructive :)).

anna! said:
I don't have a problem with threads going "off topic" as much as I have a problem with threads turning into rambling, cliquey rubbish, or just pages of people insulting each other. Topics that are spawned from tangents off different topics are interesting. Reading personal jokes and crap like that just isn't.

If everyone could make the distinction, there wouldn't be a problem. imo.

COugh the old post your most recent picture thread. The last several pages. I mean ew.

As for this thread... Bah. Is it that time of year again? 8)

I think the people that are going bananas about the mods and their deletion of posts, It has been stated and it will be stated again, Bluelight is not a democracy. It never will be.

Look, i don't have my posts deleted, so i don't know how it feels, i can't empathise with having your opinions and thoughts simply deleted. But, if it's been deleted, it has generally been done for a reason

I like to think that making personal attacks about someones intelligence or opinion, or simply just having stupid penis sizing flame wars over some issue you don't agree with isn't on. Whether it is in real life, or on the internet wherever you chose to voice your opinions.

... And then when you have broken just about every rule in the Bluelight user agreement (which by registering, you agreed to abide by), then you bitch and moan and make personal attacks on the mod who was simpy doing their job?

And furthermore, If you are having your posts deleted, then perhaps you should go back and read the guidelines, and perhaps maybe for once obide by them, and then maybe when you have posted a valid post, with actual meaning other than insults, name calling and general bullshit, then maybe, MAYBE your post won't be deleted.

By simply ranitng and raving and bitching and moaning about how your posts have been deleted, in completley counter-productive way, nothing is going to change. If you really want to make a point, why not voice your opinions in a rational, and logical way, with valid proof and reasonaing as to why you feel like this. It is a much more appealing way to make a point, and you are more likely have your opinion heard, not only becasue it won't be deleted, but because people will actually bother to read it.

I honestly think if you are one of these people, i think you should quite simply grow the fuck up, and get the fuck over it. :\

I know, i couldn't care less if a post says little more than "You shit fucking cok cunted mother fucking nazi" (please excuse the language). Whereas, if someone has put effort and time into making a point, then i will read it with relish.

I don't know if this really addresses the topic at hand... I didn't read the whoe thread, i couldn't be fucked sifting through all the bullshit. But, that my friends is my opinion.

Many people have told me that I am a very opinionated bluelight poster! I've had very little "conflict" (so to speak), sure... I have people disagree with my opinions all the time though.

I too, disagree with other peoples opinions on this board regulary - even then, it rarely leads to conflict. When I disagree with someone or they disagree with me, I don't assume we don't like each other and are suddenly at war. I just think they have a different opinion to me and felt strongly enough in their own to initiate a healthy and possibly insightful debate.

Well.. excluding my recovery, fired up posts a couple of days back that is.. ;)

If everyone takes the time to proof read their posts before posting, taking into consideration the tone in which it *may* come accross to others, a lot of conflict could be eliminated.

Originally posted by BloSs0m
I know, i couldn't care less if a post says little more than "You shit fucking cok cunted mother fucking nazi" (please excuse the language).

yes =D

(anyone watch curb your enthusiasm last night?)

Following on from KRC...There is a difference between being an opinionated poster who posts their thoughts constructively and adds value to the community by engaging in discussion and an opinionated poster who degrades everyone elses opinions and attacks others unnecessarily. The former is far preferred over the later. In fact, the later just contradicts our communities guidelines.

doofqueen said:
I usually bite my toungue on here and always have. I know my opinions and perspectives on issues is vastly different from the majority. Hence why i bite my toungue. I like chaos but don't want to ruffle feathers in a bad way so i don't (didn't rather) Then i decide "you know what? fuck it... i'm going to say exactly what i want about everything"

Doofqueen, this isn't directed specifically at you. I am just interested in what you said, thus why i quoted you.

If you want to state your opinion, do. Just do it in a constructive way, rather than simply making a imflammatory comment, like the one onetwothreefour has already quoted (doofqueen, 2005 pg 5) .

I appreciate your opinions, i appreciate everyones opinons, but i think to hold an opinion, you must be able to demonstrate and communicate why you hold this view.

Look, i will be the first to admit, when i get exasperated, i can sometimes turn to a snide comment, which, probably, in hindsight isn't very nice. I do this in real life too. ANd i know that it isn't clever or witty, or in anyway indearing. So why do i do it? Because i get pissed off. But, in everyday situations, i know i should try and hold my toungue when it comes to those catty comments. Why shouldn't i hold my toungue here? The thing is i should.

But when it comes to expressing my opinions, i won't hold back. But, there is no point simply 'expressing and opinion' through bullshit, nasty comments. It gets you nowhere, only casues dramas and hurt.

People shouldn't afraid to talk about their thoughts and ideas relating to a topic. All they ahve to do, is know why they feel that way, and be able to effectively communicate it to their audience.

Most of us in here are people ... Most of us, though sometimes we may disagree with your opinion (we are human after all), will accept that this is a valid point. If you can express it with rationality and worth.

Discussion - the sharing of ideas. = good.
Conflict - bullshit name calling, and guessing what other people meant - often getting it wrong- and creating dramas. = worthless.

is this the same as what i said in my other post? Mmm, will look over again tommorrow

This is a vulturous community. There may be love, there may be tears, there may be intellectual discussion ... at the end of the day if were not going to sit here and pick it all apart was it really worth it?

Unrelated subject: where did zandesh go? ;)

i think the one thing that people have forgotten is that this is a message board dedicated to the minimalisation of harm from drug usage.

now if you asked me to give you an example of a stereotypical 'drug' user, i couldn't. people from all walks of life do drugs, from the high powered accountant to the guy who serves you those thai chicken rolls from mcdonalds that i love so much.

hence, when it comes to opinion being expressed, very rarely are you going to see 1 side of the coin. C0TB, who is candied as fuck but listens to atreyu is one such example (no disrespect intended, C0TB).

the problem seems to be that people are trying to pigeonhole each other into their definition of what they should expect from a 'drug forum', and immediately get angry when faced with personalities that don't conform to the stereotype they have painted for themselves.

sadly, i will have to mention the doofs thread regarding this. so many conflicting opinions (many of them angry, many of them between doofers themselves) in a forum dedicated to the most hippie like people of all and their gatherings consisting of people who look like they haven't taken a shower in weeks (see, an opinion that i'm allowed to express).

you also got to have a sense of humour about someone that demands that every post you've made in her thread be deleted while she starts crying to the moderators about her posts being deleted :D

but i digress

what i'm trying to convey is that people around here need to grow a tougher skin. the world's opinion will not cater to yours, NOR should your opinion in turn. the moderators seem to be doing a good job enforcing this in my opinion (gasp!), and believe it or not, they are not there to supress your opinions.

they are here to quash your stupid as fuck rants (namely mine) that can only result in 1 to 2 word responses or mutual backslapping.

this is not a democracy
it's a message board
if you don't like it, build your own

VBulletin
phpBB

(i think this post means i need to make more inflammatory posts in order to maintain balance)

Last edited:
^^^ you're the exact example of what you've just said: i saw you had the last post and came in to tell you to 'be careful', but you've proven (as you occasionally do ;)) that you've got enough of a brain to make a thoughtful post every so often.

preacha said:

what i'm trying to convey is that people around here need to grow a tougher skin. the world's opinion will not cater to yours, NOR should your opinion in turn. the moderators seem to be doing a good job enforcing this in my opinion (gasp!), and believe it or not, they are not there to supress your opinions.

Simulation of normal social life. People will not always want your opinion, ask for it, understand it, respect or agree with it.

Are you all being so undervalued in real life that any disrepect in a virtual world requires such arguement? It does seem easier to fight back here.

I back down from arguements in real life now and then. More often than not it is because i value something else in that person more than the issue or point i'm trying to express .. so I disengage and keep the peace.

Perhaps your finding something miniscule to fight your deep seeded issues with members of this board, if you really valued them would you engage in this? (mere reflection of real social situations, and not directed at anyone)