• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The official NBA thread

I don't think the Jazz winning a game means anything.. I'm just looking at it as Playoff experience for the young guys...

The Lakers have now won 4 out of 10 play-off games (with 6 of them having been played on the road) against this millennium's most talented top-to-bottom team over the past two seasons with Smush Parker and Jordan Farmar platooning at the sport's most important position.

This would be like a football team winning 4 out of 10 playoff games (6 of them on the road) against the '05-'06 Colts with Ryan Leaf starting at quarterback.

So, obviously, it follows that Dirk Nowitzki and a six-foot tall white dude who plays absolutely no defense whatsoever are the two most valuable players in the league.

Granted, Steve Nash is a great OFFENSIVE player, but the clock is ticking on Kobe's next posterization-level dunk on Nash's nappy head. (Remember last year's? I bet Nash does.)

The Lakers may or may not win this series, but without Kobe, they'd have lost each and every one of these ten games (assuming they played all ten of them) by 30 to 40 points apiece.

But, please, haters, continue to argue that the world is flat because Kobe's was the fourth cock inside some redneck's snatch on a random afternoon three years ago.

Last edited:
deeCee said:
Ok, they won one game... hmmm.. 8)

OK OK, so they won again 8)

Looks like Rockets v. Jazz is going to go to seven, with the jazz losing out :(

And you can basically take the Lakers out of the equation. And I'm still hopefull of winning $150 on the GS v. Dallas series =D my outside bet is GS and Raps winning there series for about $300

yea golden state is doin the damn thing, they are a fun team to watch. i would love for em to take out dallas, i cant stand mark cuban.

this is a bruce willis interview @ the nets game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDaKAQLexVE listein at the end for his trademark yippie ki yay motherfucker, LOL.

L O V E L I F E said:
the clock is ticking on Kobe's next posterization-level dunk on Nash's nappy head. (Remember last year's? I bet Nash does.)

he does. that's why he has to kick his way to a layup to avoid a hard stuff

Nash deserves MVP.

Im so cut the Heat are out. Can't wait for Warriors to beat Mavs.

Suns over Pistons in 5. That's my pick.

Despite the crap result...man game 5 of Mavs/Warriors was a classic...still not as great as game 4 though. ;) This is what playoff basketball is all about.

There were some shennanigans by the refs at the end, but that shouldn't matter. Warriors got away from what put them up 9 w/ 4 mins. to go and it cost them. Dirk finally had the one game I expected from him in this series. Now it's time to close it out back home.

And please refs...STOP HATING ON STEVIE JACK!

DunkAlmost.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoqOc4NK96Q

ROFL

Haha, Jeff you are my idol. If only Steve Nash had had to accept the MVP trophy last year after a first round exit like Dirk will this year. Fucking punks.

I love you warriors!! $150! w00t! Would have been $250 if they won game five.

Last edited:
Fuck the Raptors are disappointing.. I'm watching the box scores now, and it's the end of the 3rd.. and they gave up a 6 pt lead to be down by like 7pts..

I need them to win too!! I have a multibet combining GS and the Raps paying out @10.75

I love you Jazz!

Now with Jazz v GS.. least either way, I have a team I really like in the conf. finals..

But I really hope the Jazz get over the line!

Even though I do like some of the players on Utah..FUCK THE JAZZ.

No one wants to see them advance...except for Utah fans. ;)

LET'S GO WARRIORS! WE BELIEVE!