the official debate thread: no holds barred-> which genre sux/rules?

this is quite simple if u think about it.
anything i like = rules
anything i don't = sux
it really is that easy =p
------------------
" well oiled dark house ... mean , selfish grooves show off some emotion while motorised funk shakes a silver clad ass , and shivery melodies reach for the stars " -dom phillips global underground 019

First off... Happy Hard Core could not possibly suck a bigger dick.
out of HOUSE, came everything (not HHC, no 1 knows where the fuck that came from)... @ least respect it if yas don likes it.
on another note: THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY WERE NEITHER PARTRIDGES OR A FAMILY...DISUCSS
H H OOO U U SSS EEEEE
H H O O U U S S E
HHHH O O U U S EEEEE
H H O O U U S E
H H OOO UUUU SSSS EEEEE

i like crack........i l i k e c r a c k........I LIKE CRACK.........I L I K E C R A C K!!!!!
------------------
"To start press any key. Where's the any key?" - Homer J. Simpson
...I can't sleep. Something's all over me. Greasy, insomnia please release me and let me dream. About makin' mad love on the heath, tearin' off tights with my teeth...
- Maxi Jazz

*************************by DJ nimby**********************
(not HHC, no 1 knows where the fuck that came from)^^ hahah well spoken like the newbie you are. you wanna know where it came from?? it was the first style of 'rave' music. sure its gotten more happier since then and less breakbeaty but its one of the true forms of 'rave' music. the other being jungle..which many of you dont like to hear 'is' a form of hardcore. and by hardcore i mean 'happy'..that stuff thats all fast that everyone calls hardcore is something completely different. the only true music for 'raves' is hardcore (happy) and jungle since they both came from oldschool hardcore back in the day when thats all there was..
house is music that fags who go to clubs with pink fuzzy cowboy hats on listen to and NOT music for 'raves'
let the newbies who think they know everything begin my flaming.....
jared
**************************by DJ nimby************

DJ smoot, that was the most bigoted, uneducated, ignorant comment.
house is the mother of all forms of electronic dance music.
face it.
if you don't believe it, do some research.

Maybe the reason hardcore and jungle are the only "true" rave music...is because you'd have to be fucked out of your mind on drugs to enjoy them.
wink.gif
And besides, without house you'd have neither of them. As somebody else said, show some respect.

alba you are a moron
in case you didnt notice the ******************************by DJ nimby*********************
at the top and bottom of the post, im here once again to tell you that THAT was ******************************by DJ nimby*********************
who does not have the ability to to post on this message board any longer...if you have a comment for {b]*************************DJ nimby*********************[/b] feel free to email him at [email protected]
read before you speak

well obviously you all can tell by my name that i like JUNGLE...especially dark evil jungle. i like d&b a lot too. and funky house beats (i know its an odd combination, but its what i like!!!)
ok happyhardcore...i just have one quetsion...WHY??? why in god's name was HHC ever invented?? its fuckin techno for chipmunks!!! i can't even nod my head that fast, let alone dance at all.
aahhhh, such a relief to let out all my hostility towards HHC.

This fuckin thread is soooooo old. Hell yeah Jase, way to bring it back up. Still holding to the DnB head notions i have for a while now...........if it ain't deep dark and dirty (and it's starting to get to where it has to be from the UK too) then it just isn't worth my time. I have gotten to where i can put up with all genre's except HHC, hell i even listen to house some now. HHC is just cheese core and has no style. Ed Rush & Optical...........now that's style!
- J Flip -
------------------
" www.faderwars.com can't fuck with it!"

This fuckin thread is soooooo old. Hell yeah Jase, way to bring it back up. Still holding to the DnB head notions i have for a while now...........if it ain't deep dark and dirty (and it's starting to get to where it has to be from the UK too) then it just isn't worth my time. I have gotten to where i can put up with all genre's except HHC, hell i even listen to house some now. HHC is just cheese core and has no style. Ed Rush & Optical...........now that's style!
- J Flip -
------------------
" www.faderwars.com can't fuck with it!"

Geeze!!! People are not only dissin other genres of music but the people that listen to them. I feel bad for the people that can't get down with more than one genre or sub-genre...you're missing out. Electronic music is like all other music in the fact that there's a little good of everything (or close to everything).
You have to start to realize that your opinion only really matters when people care what you have to say. And to get your point across to where the person you're trying to pursuade is acually going to listen and take your side into consideration, you have to give more than a reason like "it sucks"...cause everything sucks...just to different people. If you're saying...I don't want to convince anyone I'm just stating that I hate this kind of music...if you're doing it for that reason...seems like a waste of time, know what I mean.
Im pretty open-minded when it comes to music cause I try to find a good thing about a certain sound. I feel left out cause I havent really made a generalization that makes people feel bad...so here it is...notice that a lot of people who listen to house and trance can't dance...at least not well? Haha
------------------
Roll safe and dance like it's goin outta style

I agree with Jase's comments on garage. I can appreciate most styles of electronic as i can see how it all evolved from the beginning. An electronic family tree if u will!
But where the hell did this garage crap come from??
It sounds like some boy band stumbled across a set of decks.
Your right about the cokehead call as well. Apparently they had a some problems with violence in the UK garage clubs last year, stabbings etc.

i think you're all a bunch of pussies still living in the early nineties..
breakcore rules

I love me some happy hardcore. One of my favorite genres actually. I think what drives me to like it so much is because it is hated by so many. Music doesn't always have to be dark and evil. I like the cutesy sounding music too.
wink.gif

------------------
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"

HAHAHAHAHAA! jflip do you see this shit? LMAO goddamn this was some back in the day shit LOL.....
well, as those who know me know i am still playing trance, i have started incorporating progressive breakbeats into my sets when i play out to break the monotony of 4/4 structured music, however, i still believe it's all about track selection. a dj can have all the skill in the world, but it means nothing if he/she has shitty tracks.
i have very open ears however, and can appreciate alot of different styles. i own more house cd's than anything, because it was house i was first introduced to in the rave scene. i love house, disco, speed garage, and genres of the like. trance however is my passion......i play trance, along with progressive breaks. however it seems that trance producers for the most part are just throwing a bunch of shit together with no real vision as to what they tend to accomplish with their music. most trips to the record stores are often ended by leaving with 2 records out of a stack of 50
frown.gif

i also love breakbeats, electro breaks, and 2 step
smile.gif

dnb took me a while to stomache, but as with any genre, it's all about finding the tracks and style you can appreciate. now i tend to love all kinds of dnb/ jungle....although alot of it (as with any genre) is poorly produced, repetitive, and lacking in any originality.
and i intend no disrespect, but there is just no way shape or form you can convince me to actually sit there and listen to any type of hardcore or gabber or any of that......the only one who has ever even grabbed my attention with it is dj tilzs from minnesota. and even then it was his track selections that grabbed my attention, not the style/ genre itself.
i dunno who dug this thread up, but i find it quite amusing, given the reason i created it back then LOL.....but big ups to those who truly love the music they listen to, no matter what it is.
yea you know this thread is the fucking whip hehehehee......
much love,
trip
www.in-the-groove.com
CIA/in the groove/ [dna labs]
reprezentin cincinnati
smile.gif