• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh I dont know if Id be trying to do a fantasy thread since Im already in one for money and Id just get lazy with it.

since theres no football for a little ways, might as well argue over the top 5 at each position

starting with RB my top 5 would be

1. Arian Foster, 2. LaSean McCoy, 3. MJD, 4. Matt Forte, 5. Adrian Peterson

honorable mentions: Darren McFadden, Marshawn Lynch

man that was tougher than I thought, hard to imagine AP and Chris Johnson not being the 1-2 RBs anymore but I guess that shows how fast these guys drop

Last edited:
Darren McFadden? Man he was the equivalent of a tampon. 1 week in, 3 weeks out. I think your "i forgot Ray Rice" edit is too small:D the man is a beast. Top 5 all day long. Hope to fuck he signs up soon.

I'd love to see AP get back to the player he was, but i highly doubt he will. I still wince when i picture that injury. The constant niggles he's going to have now playing RB, especially with his style.

McFadden was having a great year last year until he got hurt.

I guess id put Ray Rice 3rd and move the others back

Last edited:
why are nyg so upset that pats picked up ballard? they should be annoyed with themselves...

alasdair

im not upset about it, those kind of unwritten "agreements" take away from the competitiveness of the off season.

and Ballard is a decent player at the Eagles weakest matchup point defensively

waivergate :D

jerry-rice-goat.jpg

rice.jpg

I love that the 49ers are one of the most controversial teams this offseason.

From their relevance in the staints bounty scandal, to being a suprise runner up in the manning sweepstakes, then back to the argument over whether Smith has what it takes to lead us to a superbowl, to signing moss/manningham/jacobs and keeping our whole defense intact, it has been pretty eventful. It seems like most people think they're a legit team, but some still contest that last season was a fluke, and that the seahawks or the cardinals have a chance to win the NFC west.

Also noteworthy is they picked up many offensive weapons in the draft including LaMichael James out of Oregon and a controversial selection of AJ Jenkins, WR, in the 1st round, considered by many to be a reach, and who has gotten bad reviews as being out of shape at minicamp.

Not to mention, they have a week 1 date with the packers in lambeau, another of the most hyped and favored teams this year. Hopefully we get an epic game and the 49ers come out on top of what could be a prequil to a late round NFC playoff game.

As great as last season was, the 49ers need another strong season to truly solidify themselves as legit Superbowl contender.

imo Ted Ginn Jr > Jerry Rice
I hope we keep Ginn on the team just for kick returns this year. He is a weapon. However saying his name in the same breath as his holiness, Jerry Rice, is blasphemy.

Last edited:
j/k, just trollin' ;)

I agree with you Ted Ginn Jr. I remember during his last season of college for Ohio State, that season is one where I attended tons of games at Ohio Stadium... and watching Ted Ginn take off for punt returns was well worth the price of admission alone. the dude could flat out RUN. it was almost like all the defenders were in slow motion. I still think to this day that if Teddy didn't get injured on the first play of the National Championship loss to Florida (where he ran it back for a TD), the Buckeyes would have dusted the Florida Gators

yo axl eagles play the steelers in the first preseason game it appears the trash talking will start early

although preseason isnt a good indicator of how teams will do, it is interesting to watch the new players and see who can play

and will it be like last year's pre-season game between the Stillers and Eagles? ;)

let the trash talk begin! and although I agree preseason games suck, but honestly by that time I am so football-starved that I am just happy to be getting some action. and plus, they are good for indicating a bit, and it's nice to see how your 3rd and 4th stringers match up...

for example, right now I'd take an NFL preseason game with a smile on my face! shit! we need football...

it's nice to see how your 3rd and 4th stringers match up...

for example, right now I'd take an NFL preseason game with a smile on my face! shit! we need football...

Agreed, preseason is only good for seeing how backup players perform. There is almost no correlation between winning preseason games and winning real games.

Even so, I would take preseason games right now in a heartbeat.... i too cannot wait for football season, its like my life is empty and meaningless from February to September.

PGA season starts during the NFL play-offs and ends during like week 2 of regular season

the only two sports i care about so fuck you

i used to be a hardcore fan of all the major pro and college sports

than i went to college and discovered sex drugs and rock n roll

college basketball is a lot more relevant in philly than football. Temple is joining the Big East but they probably arent going to be good in that conference right away

meanwhile there are 4 schools with very good basketball programs in or around the city.

why are nyg so upset that pats picked up ballard? they should be annoyed with themselves...

alasdair

I think that most fans would be upset if their rival team picked up one of the players that they were just waiving as a formality since he isn't expected to play this year and was going to be on IR anyway. The Giants stuck with Ballard, giving him chances when no other teams would, and his best games of course were against the Patriots.

Having said all of that, I don't mind not having him on the team anymore. He was an average player at best, and most of his success was probably due to the Giants coaching, and the type of offense the Giants were running. When a team has 3 talented WRs, a decent enough running game to keep the linebackers from dropping back into coverage too much, and a good O-line, then the tight end is bound to have some good games. Ballard had a lot of drops though, even when he was wide open. Brady throws a harder ball than Eli, so I can see that causing more of an issue with dropped passes. Also, he's slow so I don't know how that will work with the Patriots fast, athletic TE package. He's a tough kid though, and he puts in a lot of effort, but I don't see him doing much as a Patriot.

I learned my lesson on being upset with losing a player to a rival team after "the other" Steve Smith went to the Eagles last year, and did nothing. It's all a matter of good coaching and playing within a system that you fit in. Being good on one team doesn't equate to being good on another, and teams don't have much patience for a player that has already proven himself elsewhere, if he doesn't prove himself with that team.

One of the best running backs ever, LaDanian Tomlinson. League MVP and the second greatest running back in the modern era, only surpassed by Barry Sanders.

Picture34_crop_exact.png

NewEnglandPatriotsvSanDiegoChargers8s26pTQvqW4l.jpg

ladainian-tomlinson-2.jpg

ladainian-tomlinson1.jpg

Ladainian_Tomlinson-1.jpg

Yea Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith and Edgerin James are all in the conversation, but I like Tomlinsons running style.

Status
Not open for further replies.