• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously I am a HUGE Big Ben fan. he is from Ohio and he plays for my most revered sports team of all-time... however, sometimes I just take what he says/does with a grain of salt... I mean you all know HOW MANY times he has been hit in the head by the defensive opposition??

also - that Pittsburgh loss to San Fran last year on Monday Night Football, was shocking. look up the stats, the Steelers THRIVE on prime-time games, and they be thrivin' extra when they play MNF games. but you all are correct, Big Ben had no business starting at that QB position that long ago Monday Night. I remember that night like it was yesterday.. Big Ben just diagnosed and in the early stages of that deabilitating high-ankle sprain of his, yet Big Ben once again refusing the medical advice of his no doubt harem of doctorate-level-education Medical Staff... but that MNF versus the 49ers, he paid the price for a decision rife with such banality

and during this section of my post, I want to shout out that brutal defensive line for the San Francisco 49ers. it sucks for me to admit, because they were one of the handful of NFL teams that bested my team last year, but that SF D-line TORE UP a granted, patchwork, Pitt O-Line. it sux for San Fran's D-Line, because just like the Stillers their intimidating corps of linebackers get the most obvious love (Justin Smith and Rookie Sensation Aldon Smith most notably), however its that 49er D-Line that impresses me the most... Justin Smith is a white-boy BEAST!!

I was just talking to my bro and using Care's 49ers as an example to some random NFL convo like we are prone to engage upon. how we both would be SO HAPPY to be a San Fran fan... think about it... your team was once the greatest of an entire decade, but then after the glory years, your team kind of lost its way (to put it euphemistically)... and then BAM! your team has a KILLER defense to support its usually good enough running attack. I like Alex Smith, but lets put it this way, if the 49ers had a QB like Big Ben or Eli Manning (not to mention Brees, Manning, or Brady) - that team would at least have two more SB rings on their collective hand!

but I am VERY happy that the above QB scenario + hypothetical SB Rings ain't the case! the 49ers are the closest team (along with Cowboys!) to compete against the NFL record of most SB Rings ever!!

I watched the game against the browns where he got injured, I thought his ankle was broken at first. I give him credit for walking away from that injury.... but the comments about the 49er game were uncalled for especially with the current bounty hysteria.

And I agree, Justin Smith is probably the best player on our team, maybe best at his position in the NFL. Watch clips of him manhandling Bushrod ( a pro bowl o-lineman) against the saints in the playoffs last year. Very impressive.

Your steelers better watch out, or you may have company in the 6 Lombardi through category sometime in the next couple years. Alex Smith is having a great off-season, first time he has had the same coaching staff for 2 straight years in his career. And honestly, I think the niners have a good chance even if Smith isn't playing at a pro-bowl level, although i have to admit our schedule this year is downright scary.

Last edited:
^ yeah dude I will admit that I get nervous when either your 49ers or the Dallas Cowboys (lol what fagits) have good, solid seasons... the last thing I need is for an NFC team to share the Steeler's Record Breaking Record of 6 SB Rings :/ I like the style of the 49ers, as I think they would fit right in in the AFC North... but then again, if the Niners were in that division, they would have had as many injuries as the Browns/Ravens/Steelers do on an annual basis ;)

and to be completely candid about your 49ers, once again I like their defense and run game, obviously, I just feel like as long as that great team has Alex Smith under-center... I just don't think that they can pull it off as an entire unit. but who knows, Trent Dilfer did it! and so did Ray Lewis, and if you all remember way back to that NFL Y2K football season, you'd remember that the entire City of Baltimore + the Ravens had no clue if Future HoFer Ray Lewis would be playing in games or not, do to being allegedly involved in a murder!!

raylewiscolt45.jpg

but that's what makes the NFL the best to watch, imo. the parity is there, and the axiom "on any given Sunday" rings true to this day. and it rang even more true that fateful day when Trent Dilfer + an alleged murderer scored a SB Ring!!

Ya I love the parity and relative fairness of the NFL compared to other major american sports.

I think Alex Smith will improve this year, and if he doesnt, Harbaugh wont hesitate to do everything in his power to find someone that will get the job done, count on it.

Last edited:
I believe that, but a solid QB that transcends your team is hard to find. I was a Steelers fan way back in the 90s, and I had more questions about their game-plan more than starting QB Kordell Stewart had about his sexuality:

0.jpg

and even if Smith ups his game a lot, would he even yet not be as good as say... "NFL's Best" Joe Flacco??

PS - <3 u, Kordell. I don't care if you have teh ghey, you beat Michigan back in da day in such epic fashion:

HAIL MARY!!!!

20100717__20100718_C13_SP18FBCBUFFCAMPp1_2001_display_image.jpg

yeah man I was a HUGE Rodman fan back in the day. now he just kinda makes me scratch my head with all the stories that he is broke/sick/dying or whatever

speaking of the Steelers, this just in, Pittsburgh H/C Mike Tomlin is a PIMP -

tomlin.jpg

TO and Dr Phil?? that sounds like a horrible way to waste an hour of one's life

what the fuck did they talk about??

It was like TO and 3 of his baby's mommas and they basically just ripped him to shreds. Like he's broke, doesnt pay child support, and says hes hit rock bottom. Still a HoFer in my book

TO won't sniff the HoF, dude. look at how difficult the HoF admission is to NFL Wide Receivers, alone

2nd in Career Receiving Yards, 2nd in Receiving TDs. We all know who #1 is. How does that not get you in?

wow did anyone else know Edgerrin James is 11th all-time in rushing yards? never would have thought that.

TO won't sniff the HoF, dude. look at how difficult the HoF admission is to NFL Wide Receivers, alone

TO will be first ballot HOF.

When a player has to wait 5 years to get into the HOF, people forget about everything except stats. TO has amazing stats. How can you possibly think that Ward will make the HOF and TO wont?

to was a self-absorbed dick and a crappy teammate but he'll get in.

alasdair

as long as the guy produces in games, and hes not getting in legal troubles (which he wasnt when he was playing) I dont care what they act like to be honest. The guy only played one season as an Eagle (technically) and tore it up. Played hurt in the Super Bowl and was still the best offensive player. Id say hes the best WR theyve had since the SB era began.

Rice>Moss>TO for the GOAT wide-outs.

Oh look, they're all 49ers....

Last edited:
Did any of you catch Eli Manning of SNL a few weeks back? It was one of the funniest SNLs in a while. I really liked the intro and the courtroom skit.

Status
Not open for further replies.