• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edgerin James... eh, I dunno about that

I would take the Bus over him:

jbetts.jpg

Bettis was an effective runner but Im not really a fan of the bruising style that he was the epitome of. I like guys that are fast, strong and can juke defenders out of their shoes.

jerome bettis is one of the most over rated running backs of our generation

anyone in the NFL with his size could have done what he did

i'm so glad the rams ditched him back in the 90s

well most NFL teams are starting to realize its effective to have a power back and a speed back. Power backs get taken for granted sometimes. The Eagles are absolutely horrible in short yardage situations because we have no power back. Say what you will about Tebow but the guy is a matchup nightmare for short yardage

damn I miss Bettis

in the NFL, not even one to three yards (for 1st down or TD) can be taken for granted. to have a Power Back who would NO QUESTIONS AXED get those brutal yards, is a fantastical accomplishment...

and yah I'm sure you are sooo happy the Rams traded Bettis, it's like, they might have had a chance to actually win something with him due to him being 6th on the all-time rushing list he's so overrated oh yah *yawn*

images

Aldon Smith got a DUI and stabbed at a party within 5 months.... not a great first offseason for him.

in the NFL, not even one to three yards (for 1st down or TD) can be taken for granted. to have a Power Back who would NO QUESTIONS AXED get those brutal yards, is a fantastical accomplishment...
i remember a few games where it would be first and goal at the two yard line, enter fat busTER

first rush no gain
second rush -1 yard loss
third rush fumble

great memories

not to mention one of the most untimeley fumbles in that playoff game against the Colts and then Big Ben saved their season by tackling that Colts guy or he would have ran the fumble back for a TD.

I always liked Big Ben on the field, hes a winner.

i support most athletes who do 'bad' stuff off the field

sports figures are not role models and shouldnt held to that standard

a father, uncle, older brother,and close friend are where children and young adults should look for when searching for a real role model

too bad many children grow up without or with scumbag parents

um it depends on the charges really. I dont care if dudes smoke weed but Ben is an alleged rapist, kind of in a different class of "off the field incident".

ADRIAN PETERSON ARREST
Club Says He Was WASTED

0707-tmz-adrian-peterson-arrested-3.jpg

Adrian Peterson was heavily intoxicated at the time of his arrest, which was very out of character for the NFL star ... this according to the club where he was busted early this morning.

Daniel Maher, general manager of Live at Bayou Place, tells TMZ that Peterson has been to the club before, but he has never known him to drink much. Last night, however, Maher said Peterson was ver drunk and was a difficult customer all night.

Maher says Peterson was throwing his ego around and making people mad, so they put him in the VIP area. Maher says when the club was closing, he rushed over to the bar to try and order one last drink and when he wouldn't Maher says Peterson "tried to intimidate the bartender" into selling it to him.

According to Maher, that's when he intervened, but Peterson continued to be "unreasonable." That's when Maher says the off-duty cop intervened, and, as TMZ first reported, Peterson proceeded to shove him.

Maher says during his confrontation with the officer, Peterson assumed a fight stance and looked "like he meant business." Maher says, "He looked really scary and I thought he was gonna attack the cops."

Maher says that once the officers subdued Peterson, the NFL star apologized for his behavior and told cops he doesn't usually drink.

Peterson was eventually booked into jail and charged with resisting arrest.
source

^ Well remember he's on one leg. But then again when you are shwasted that doesn't matter much since it's not like you feel the pain that would normally make you stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.