• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 10-11 NBA thread ver. LIKE A BOSH

Lakers hired Mike Brown, done deal. 4 years/18mil.

I'm staying positive. I think Rick Adelman is a better coach and would be a better hire, but it's not like Mike Brown is some chump either.. He just had a bad rep with LeBron, and Gilbert fired him for no reason other than to please LeBron and hope that he would stay. Let's not forget he took a bunch of scrubs to the Finals.

Mike Brown has proven himself as a great defensive coach. He worked as an assistant under Greg Popovich and was part of the 03 Spurs winning a championship. The Cavs never had great defenders besides LeBron, Varajeo and maybe Parker. Yet the Cavs were one of the top defensive teams. His team defense and philosophy is excellent. Think about the Lakers they have much better individual defenders than the Cavs had.

As far as offensively, he did what he had to do it Cleveland. He literally had a roster of LeBron, an old immobile Z, and a collection of self made second rounders(Williams, Varajeo, Moon, etc). He adjusted to the personnel.

I'm not worried about the offense. It's the fucking Lakers. They know how to execute and we just need to get some shooters to fix their problem that we have with teams packing the paint against us. With the veterans we have, there is no real need for a big offensive minded coach. If MB focuses entirely on getting this team to play defense then that is a BIG win.

People act like Phil was out there coaching and that there will be a HUGE drop off. There won't be. Like Kobe on defense, Phil has been living on his coaching reputation for a while now. I've said it before, dude hasn't been coaching since 2004.

I love the way the refs are calling the game so far. Dallas isn't winning, but this will make for a great game.

Good times. Great game. Great series. For a 5 game series it was extremely entertaining. I'm happy, but that magic number is still at 4. This isn't over. The 06 team was just happy getting there. This team isn't. What happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object? We will find out next week in the finals. I'd love to have OKC's future, but I'll take my now.

Never been much of a sports fan but I've watched every game but 1 or 2 of the entire playoffs and I'm having a blast. Dallas is looking really strong - sweeping the Lakers and then finishing OKC in 5. I'm very excited to see them in the Finals. Game 4 was just outstanding effort and energy and if they bring that to every game of the finals.. gonna be really hard to beat.

Fuck. I mean, FUCK. Holy Fuck. How the fuck did they pull this off. I mean, fuck you guys, how the fuck?

I feel like Rocco from The Boondock Saints right now.

That was fucking pathetic.

Again to my Heat fan friends here... this isn't directed towards you guys. :)

I fucking HATE Miami. I hate everything about that asshole team. The fans (not including those who were fans prior to this year), the players, the coach, the fucking everything. There's such an arrogance about them. I'm not saying you shouldn't be confident or anything like that, but they acted like the title was theirs before they ever even practiced together. Now the fact that they're 4 wins away from that being true makes it 3939 times worse because then all those assholes will be the most obnoxious shitheads in the entire basketball community for AT LEAST a whole calendar year.

I fucking HATE Miami. I hate everything about that asshole team. The fans (not including those who were fans prior to this year), the players, the coach, the fucking everything. There's such an arrogance about them. I'm not saying you shouldn't be confident or anything like that, but they acted like the title was theirs before they ever even practiced together. Now the fact that they're 4 wins away from that being true makes it 3939 times worse because then all those assholes will be the most obnoxious shitheads in the entire basketball community for AT LEAST a whole calendar year.

Yes, we are a rowdy, arrogant bunch down here. And we haven't been perfectly loyal to The Heat as a city. This was a football town before LeBron worked his voodoo up in here.

But you have to understand where it comes from. Miami fans have the most legitimate case for a persecution complex in the world. EVERY SINGLE TIME we come up with a winner, the world hates us. The 72 Dolphins? Ridiculed. Belittled. Made fun of for celebrating the continuation of the greatest football team of all time.

The Miami Hurricanes? Hated to the point where excessive celebration rules were put into the books. Put on the most devastating probation in the history of college football next to SMU for the crime of winning. Were they dirty? Fuck yeah. But not any more dirty than the next guy. They just didn't like the way we played. They didn't like the way black kids celebrate. Miami boys are wild, and UM's football team was Miami wild to the motherfucking core.

And they were punished for that, more than for any Pell Grant scandals or Uncle Luke paying kids a measly $100 dollars a touchdown or nasty hit. It was all media bullshit, you had the entire state of Texas paying kids by truckload and only the new kids on the block (Miami and SMU) got burned.

So when we get a winner, we are arrogant assholes about it. Because we have to enjoy it while it lasts. Because someone in the media, somewhere, will find a way to tarnish the whole damn thing eventually. Will LeBron ever be Jordan? No, the media will not let him. Ever. Not in Miami they won't. Never mind that if LeBron declared during The Decision that he was taking his talents to the Windy City, and Wade was coming with him, they wouldn't see anywhere near this level of hatred. LeBron would be Jordan on steroids.

The entire world hates us. Why not hate the entire world back? Self defense, motherfucker.

Dallas in 6.

You think you can contend with this...

boshraptor2.jpg

Being our third best player?

Note to Bluelight: I apologize for going back to my obnoxious homer ways, you know, like when I first came here. Please trust that I will calm down eventually, and I'm not trying to poke at peoples still sore wounds. But this is too funny:

106edki.jpg

I promise you I will try and calm down as soon as I can.

But you have to understand where it comes from. Miami fans have the most legitimate case for a persecution complex in the world. EVERY SINGLE TIME we come up with a winner, the world hates us. The 72 Dolphins? Ridiculed. Belittled. Made fun of for celebrating the continuation of the greatest football team of all time.

The Miami Hurricanes? Hated to the point where excessive celebration rules were put into the books. Put on the most devastating probation in the history of college football next to SMU for the crime of winning. Were they dirty? Fuck yeah. But not any more dirty than the next guy. They just didn't like the way we played. They didn't like the way black kids celebrate. Miami boys are wild, and UM's football team was Miami wild to the motherfucking core.

And they were punished for that, more than for any Pell Grant scandals or Uncle Luke paying kids a measly $100 dollars a touchdown or nasty hit. It was all media bullshit, you had the entire state of Texas paying kids by truckload and only the new kids on the block (Miami and SMU) got burned.

you forget my Marlins. When they won the world series in their fifth year (the youngest champion in any major sport ever?) it was because Huizenga purchased it. When they did it again in 2003, Steve fucking Bartman was given the credit.

Nobody ever mentions this: a lot of Miami fans (and I mean a lot) weren't even Americans a decade ago. This city is not an actual American city in the eyes of many across the nation. Or rather, it is perceived as an American city that has fallen to foreign invaders.

To quote Dan Le Batard (who many Canes fans also hate):

Miami fans have a persecution complex. But they also are persecuted. It can be both.

you forget my Marlins. When they won the world series in their fifth year (the youngest champion in any major sport ever?) it was because Huizenga purchased it. When they did it again in 2003, Steve fucking Bartman was given the credit.

Nobody ever mentions this: a lot of Miami fans (and I mean a lot) weren't even Americans a decade ago. This city is not an actual American city in the eyes of many across the nation. Or rather, it is perceived as an American city that has fallen to foreign invaders.

To quote Dan Le Batard (who many Canes fans also hate):

I fucking hate the Marlins. Only South Florida team I root against. I can't stand that dirt infield, and I cannot abide the destruction of one of the greatest college football stadiums in the world to build some shitty baseball stadium. They can suck my cock.

I have a love hate relationship with LeBatard. He fucked the Canes over bigtime, by selling out his own friends who communicated with him in confidence as friends, not as a member of the media, in order to get ahead. This resulted in our probation.

On the other hand, these past few years he has been an objective voice in a sports environment that is filled with subjectivity and bias. So, meh. That's how I feel about him. Meh.

I am a HUGE bulls fan but that Rose picture is honestly pretty funny.

+1 to each statement :)

I don't hold anything against LeBron, D-Wade and Bosh for teaming up but I certainly don't want to see them win... but I am not a big fan of Dallas either. It would be nice for Dirk and Kidd to get rings before they totally burn out though. Luckily for Kidd, he'll be eligible for AARP and medicare next season.

You think you can contend with this...

boshraptor2.jpg

Being our third best player?

That's great and all, but your 4th best player wouldn't get on the floor if he was with Dallas. Don't get me wrong, that is going to end up being the most feared trio of all time. They are to be feared right now even. But Dallas has a team. From top to bottom Dallas won't have a scrub on the floor. Halsem is ok, same with Miller, but they haven't showed up except Halsem for two games recently. Miller might has well be a paper weight. Dallas bench is so much better that they can compensate for the Miami Thrice. Dirk is also playing better than anyone in the game right now, make no mistake about that. I'm not saying it will be easy, but Dallas will pull this out, hell or high water.

Should be a good Finals.

It was crazy how LeBron & D Wade just said, "to hell with this, we are taking over and winning" despite them not playing all that great up until midway through the 4Q. I felt bad for D Rose because he was their only option and was locked down by LBJ. Not a place you want to be in.

The PG match up should be interesting..... Bibby v Kidd, both past their prime and cant drive past anyone. JJ Barea will be the ultimate X factor in this series.

Finally a decent NBA finals. Seems like its been lakers vs celtics every year since I can remember.