• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 10-11 NBA thread ver. LIKE A BOSH

and let's not forget Wyld 4 X's last post in the thread:

"Star" fouls have been called in the NBA and especially in the playoffs for a long time. Bird, Magic, Isaiah, MJ, Kobe got them and now KD, Dirk, DWade, DRose are the next gen getting those calls. Call it preferential treatment, call it BS but the League aka David Stern knows that star power is what drives the NBA. Its the same reason us common folk have to stand in line outside of a club while the more "important" folks go right in. You let the people in who you know will draw large crowds which = more $$$$$. Dirk & KD went off last night and we all love to watch great players play great. Kobe who?

Anyway........Dirk was ridiculous last night. OKC will have to double team him and live with the consequences or he may drop 40 on them every night. Same with Dallas and Durant, both those guys are unguardable 1 on 1.

I'm curious about Miami-Chicago game 2 tonight. Can Deng have another game like he did in game 1? Can LBJ & D Wade pick it up and not stink it up? Can Bosh play well again? And will these young/hungry Bulls realize they are not supposed to seriously contend this year?

In.

Who posted?
Serious 302
grimble crumble 136
axl blaze 134
KamMoye 99
3,4-dihydroxyphen 93
Cane2theLeft 74
Codones 65
235360287471352662 28
undead 28
Wyld 4 X 28
L O V E L I F E 18
melange 14
KevinKostner 14
seep 13
Max Power 9
cattledecapitation 9
Wolfy90 7
We are all ONE 7
BanginMyLifeAway 5
LapDawg 4
smotpoker 4
Methox23 4
Busty St Clare 4
lostNfound 4
Personal Freedom 3
aanallein 3
CoffeeDrinker 3
Johnny blue 3
thepool 3
johanneschimpo 3
ChemicalSmiles 3
chinky 2
stinkfoot 2
Krowsnose 2
DooMMooD 2
The Liberal Media 2
KPZ 2
kmatrixg 2
cire113 1
LittlebyLittle 1
Budisti 1
TheLostBoys 1
theotherside26 1
ChickenScratch 1
A4Anxiety 1
ThizzMon$teR 1
Warm'nFuzzy 1
¿guesswho? 1
Chatative 1
avtxiypscnnu 1
poopie 1
tela 1

I had the best post of the thread! And I now have the worst of this one.

Last edited:
watchin game 2 right now. first quarter was some good ball, 2nd quarter refs were total sketch. miami's back in it. will rose turn it on for the second half?

It's hard to say with Rose. Never made a run like this. He might, but Miami has good defense too. I think Boozer will have to go off for the Bulls to go up 2-0.

This is why I love Thibodeau - what other coach would sit players like Boozer and Noah over this type of stretch in a close game like this because their replacements are playing lockdown defense?

If only Rose could hit ANYTHING or get to the line, this would be over...

Who said LeBron wasn't clutch? Maybe not in Cleveland, but motherfucker has turned on the clutch button since these playoffs. Better than Wade and Kobe.

And welcome home Udonis.

we got ourselves a series. rose had a tough night and lebron closed it down at the end when neither team could buy a bucket. thats what made the difference

Who said LeBron wasn't clutch? Maybe not in Cleveland, but motherfucker has turned on the clutch button since these playoffs. Better than Wade and Kobe.

yup no one could get shit for a good 9ish minutes then lebron pulled a few buckets that swung the game to miami. but PLEEEEAAAAASSSSE let let lebron win a single finals game in his career before he people start saying hes more clutch than wade or kobe

unless you mean for this post season only, because hes had a few more clutch games than wade. though wade has played great

we got ourselves a series. rose had a tough night and lebron closed it down at the end when neither team could buy a bucket. thats what made the difference

yup no one could get shit for a good 9ish minutes then lebron pulled a few buckets that swung the game to miami. but PLEEEEAAAAASSSSE let let lebron win a single finals game in his career before he people start saying hes more clutch than wade or kobe

unless you mean for this post season only, because hes had a few more clutch games than wade. though wade has played great

I only mean in this postseason. It will be a lot of years before LeBron hits Kobe's career clutch level.

But he has been turning his reputation around lately.

Miami wins this in six. They win the next two at home, lose in Chicago, and then win on the return trip.

facepalm.jpg

sdl4d2.png

Yeah, you guys remember when MJ won his 6th ring and went 5-15 from the field for 15 points? Man. Lebron is exactly like Jordan!

One game doesn't mean a thing. Dallas will come back at worst tied 2-2. They underestimated OKC. They thought they had just swept out the lakers, and they were unconscious from the field in game 1, so these guys will be a push over. It's the two best teams in the conference and Dallas seemed to forget that. Still like them in 5, but 6 isn't out of the question.

Great game by the OKC bench.

I think Harden and JJ Berea are the two funnest people to watch on the floor.

I'm tired of people saying Lebron James hasn't been "clutch" in different moments of his career, specifically during his time with Cleveland. It shows a lack of knowledge/following of the game.

I am a diehard Piston fan but always remain objective when it comes to the sport. No one remembers when Lebron poured 25 CONSECUTIVE points on Detroit to notch the win and eventually take the series? Oh yea, they went on to the finals that year. Oh, and they had 0 supporting cast. Or, the dead center 3 at the top of the key, buzzer beater, to crush the Magic??

People have such short term memories and only point to last years series between Clev-Boston. Yea, there's no denying Lebron was mysteriously aloof in a couple of those games, but NO superstar in the history of sports has been clutch at every moment of his career.

I don't think people truly realize what an abysmal supporting cast Lebron had in Cleveland. The fact that he carried them for 7 years is remarkable. Who was his 2nd best player? Mo Williams?? Yikes. Then, they got Jamison...another perennial loser, who was non existent in the playoffs. Keep in mind; Mo didn't come over to the Cavs until the 2nd half of Lebrons tenure with them. Jamison didn't come over until the 2nd half of the season of last year!

So, how can you not be "clutch" when you literally had no one on your team for your 7 year tenure? This isn't to say Clev. had a talentless roster, but it was filled with a plethora of 2 guards and nothing else. Boobie Gibson, Delonte West, Mo Williams, Pavlovic, etc. Anyone who knows basketball, knows you can't win without balance and contributions from your front court. Sorry, Shaq (over the hill) doesn't qualify.

Wow, I can't believe I just went on a rant about the Cavs and Lebron...never thought I would see the day.

Cheers

Harden is annoying to me. I think it's the beard. He's not a bad player though. He couldn't miss in the 4th. Balls-ie call by Scott Brooks. Kept 4 bench players on the floor with KD. Dirk did all he could to take over that game, but OKC would not be denied. Great game to watch still.