• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I have found lyrica to be massively helpful in ceasing a roughly month long foreay into heroin and while the real basis of just stopping was that I really dont like heroin, coming off it was quite horrible and made less so with it.

Coming off meth too at the same time. Nothing really helps that and its my DOC so is a problem. I dont know if it helped with that but time off and rest did.

How can you not like heroin? :)

If I started off going down that road I prolly would have but was always more exposed to speed etc.

This bit was sorta "just around", kinda an added extra.

Good shit but not really my thing.

The bioavailability of Pregabalin is much lower when snorted, but the effects are so much faster that many abusers choose to snort the powder rather than swallowing the capsules just because of the 'rush', even though much of it's effects is wasted .

I sniffed it once. Didnt notice much of anything to be honest. Wasnt a lot, either 75 or 100mg and I probably was on a ton of oxy too maybe masking anything Id feel from it.

Lyrica is my absolute favourite pharmaceutical. I usually take very large doses (~1500 mg, I've gone over 2000 mg sometimes but that is unwise, as it can provoke seizures) a couple of times a month. I was prescribed it many years ago for GAD, 600 mg a day, but decided to taper it down because it felt like my brain was on 50% capacity all the time, it really affected my cognitive skills.

However recreationally, I find it euphoric, uplifting, social and happy. Megadoses have a hint of different substances; a bit of MDMA, GHB, alcohol and benzos...And feels slightly psychedelic and dissociative. Still quite unique. I know it's not advisable for the inexperienced, but I quite often drink some alcohol and take some benzos with it too. But too much alcohol kind of overpowers pregabalin and dulls the uplifting and even energetic feeling. 4 pints of beer is quite enough. Pregabalin, alcohol, clonazepam and weed is one of my favourite combos. But you really need to know your doses, otherwise it may result in a blackout or just falling around, hitting yourself quite badly. But I've learned my sweet spot regarding dosing through the years. If you're new to pregabalin, and want to use it recreationally, I wouldn't recommend combining it with anything before you're familiar with how it works. Still it has a high safety profile so you in practice you can't really overdose on pregabalin alone. Heavy doses also have a long effect, I can feel 1500 mg 24 hours after taking it.

Tolerance skyrockets, if taking recretionally it's almost impossible to take it for consecutive days. On the other hand, at least for me, tolerance also is back to baseline extremely fast. 3-4 days without taking pregablin is quite enough for me to get the same effect from the same dose.

Lyrica also has a strange effect of boosting pretty much everything; caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, benzos, weed, opiates...And it's great for stimulant comedowns. Sometimes though it boosts weed to uncomfortable levels, resulting in extreme and unpleasant confusion.

Addiction is a bitch, I had a period when I used heavy doses for a prolonged time and the WD were quite bad. Nowhere near benzo or alcohol WD but still very nasty, the anxiety and depression was worse than on benzo or alcohol WD. On the other hand, I've found pregablin to be a wonderdrug for benzo and alcohol WD. With the help of pregablin, I was able to taper my benzos much faster. I've understood it's great for opiate WD too, although I've never used opiates really (except trying oxydocone and codeine a couple of times.

The only downside with Lyrica is the very slow onset, even on an empty stomach it takes 2-3 hours to really kick in. If I've eaten a heavy meal, the effects really kick in after 4-5 hours. That's why I always take it on an empty stomach and eat afterwards (I get the munchies on Lyrica).

Do you also get extremely red eyes and blue circles below the eyes on Lyrica? I've wondered what causes this. Blood pressure? This is very visible on high doses, and my eyes look completely freaky.

Last edited:
They felt just like opioid WD's. I used methylphenidate to cope them for 3 days they really helped and after that ended up using pod tea again for WD's, I used for 3 months and now I stop them. I have lyricas (and lots of other drugs) again for helping to cope wds and Im using them now as low as 225mg/day and it helps greatly no need to take more even that I've used that dose for 3 days already. But this time I use max. only 2 weeks and then I stop them and I'm not going to take mega doses, I don't even feel any need to take more. Last time I used almsot 2 months daily sometimes as high doses as 3g that was total waste and I dont reccomend to do it.

I was not really sure if I was wd'ing from pod tea or pregabalin, but I felt like burning inside really nasty feelings on body. I don't recommend anyone ot take big dose for long periods. I think 2 week use i safe on lower doses? Pregabalin is maybe the best medication for opioid WD's, it really takes away almost all WD's, taking it with some stimulant like amphetamine you feel really good. But yes this time I take 2 days break after 1 week of 225mg daily dosing. I was prescripted pregabalin for general anxiety. Now I quited 3 months use of pod tea again, I wouldn't go through the wd's if I didn't have pregabalin.

I have been in a detox facility lately, the doctor there is completely against lyrica, for her it is just another drug like benzos or opiates. This time she even switched me against my will to gabapentin. Almost all patients i have met, had experience with pregablin or were even addicted to it. Pregabalin has now become a standard item in open drug markets in the next big town just like clonazepam, diazepam, methadon, buprenorphin, etc. It has been pushed so much, the streets are flooded with pregabalin, now.

I have been using it for some years for neuropatic pain, in doses up to 300mg daily. I did a gradual tapper over two weeks and had no problem coming off of it.

BUT, since i know pregabalin, i haven't even tried one opiate kick without it, it is the most important item to use in acute opiate withdrawal. If i could only keep one item to kick opiates it would be lyrica, without a second thought.

Right now opiate withdrawal is the only reason i take it, i don't even like the high that much. Your balance is off, you are dumbed down, well it has some stimulant and simultaneously sedative effect. The pain killing properties are top notch, that is for sure. Its a little bit empathogen, too. Mixed with some adderall and lope, you feel quite nice even in bad withdrawals. I think it also synergies well with coffee.

Last edited:
I am intrigued by this. I'm going to source some and try 600mg based on Prefabulous's nice and informative post.

Experienced users - would you recommend a first time user try it by itself? Or along with an opiate for potentiation? (If I did option 2, I would lower my opiate dose)

shartito, 600mg is way overkill for a first time user. Try 300 mg first and you will be surprised how strong it will intoxicate you.....

I have access to 75mg Lyrica or 150mg Lyrica.
What would be a good starting dose?

Background info: I weigh 110lbs. My doctor will not prescribe me Gabapentin or Pregabalin due to my history of opiate addiction because he is worried I would abuse them too. I have crippling sciatica so I have taken matters into my own hands, getting the Pregabalin/Lyrica.
I am not taking it for a high, I'm taking it because I am in severe pain.

shartito, 600mg is way overkill for a first time user. Try 300 mg first and you will be surprised how strong it will intoxicate you.....

Okay thanks. This topic contains numbers all the way from 75 to 2000 so I picked a post that seemed to be from a well informed user, and that was also lauded by other users as a good post, to come up with the number of 600.

Should I start even lower? Or is 300 a good first time dose?

Last edited:
300mg is plenty for a first time use. Its the highest strength it comes commercially and you almost never see it prescribed at 300mg exactly because it can be a bit too much in terms of the effects one wouldnt want therapeutically but would recreationally.

Shartito, how did you get on with the 300? I think that's a high enough dose for a 1st time user, I'm on 600mg myself daily for GAD & fibromyalgia but I only take 400mg cozI don't want a sky high tolerance

Shartito, how did you get on with the 300? I think that's a high enough dose for a 1st time user, I'm on 600mg myself daily for GAD & fibromyalgia but I only take 400mg cozI don't want a sky high tolerance

I'll let you know once I source some :)

300 mg is quite good for a first-timer. The doses I take recreationally would be complete and utter overkill and overwhelming for the inexperienced. Even for experienced users the doses I take can be too much, some just prefer to enjoy 300-600 mg recreationally and I totally understand that. I'm still intoxicated by 1500 mg 20 hours after taking it. It has a longer effect than the half life would indicate. If you take a somewhat large dose in the evening, you'll still be intoxicated when you wake up.

Pregabalin is really intoxicating without tolerance, so start low and then up the dose when you're familiar with how it works.

Last edited:
take care if combing it with opiates btw mate - its quite the potentiator ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Will do. I'm gonna get 600 mg.

Try 300 by itself first.

Then 150 with a small dose of opiates.

Then 150 with a larger dose of opiates if the first time works out.

That's if I can even source any. Gonna have to do some legwork. But I'm super intrigued by this. I've heard of Lyrica many times, but if wasn't until reading this thread that I learned of the recreational value.