• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I guess it's like childbirth: my wife says that somehow after only a few weeks you forget how much it hurts and you start thinking about having another baby.

I guess it's like childbirth: my wife says that somehow after only a few weeks you forget how much it hurts and you start thinking about having another baby.
Haha yeah. A month after our first my wife wanted another. She felt ready for another but I didn't!

I did some research that says it potentiates the effects of Ketamine. I'll do more research, but I will take a 300mg to 600mg before the Infusion. I'll stsck the pregabalin so that when they give me some I.V benzo right before the treatment, it will boost those effects. Also, possibly 20 mg of Valium before the infusions.

We will see how it goes.

P.S I am on 1.2 grams of pregabalin. It's almost an hour and a half. I will take some Valium 10mg-20mg to inhance the effects.

If anyone has experience with Ketamine and Lyrica, please share. Thanks.

Last edited:
My guess is that SpeedKing is already asleep as I am writing this..... Pregabalin doesn't hit right away, and it really doesn't hit you if you're not in a quiet calm place. SpeedKing said he was 90 minutes into 1.2 grams?.... I usually barely start to feel the effects at the 90 minute mark. Unless he has a crazy high tolerance, he's got a lot of sleeping in the near future. I have no experience with ketamine, but mixed with Lorazepam it becomes a serious sedative. Similar to drinking a bottle of Gin and a bottle of Valium together.

What up King.
I took some oxy and went back to sleep after my last post.
Dude, how much pregabalin do you take daily? I have been on 150 mg / day for a while and if I bump it to 450 mg in one day I'm practically in a coma for about 12 hours. You took triple that. How are you still awake?

Thise heavy duty side effects become less of a bother after awhile:
Don't get me wrong, it is a powerful drug, but if taken correctly, you will recieve relief.
If it's too strong for example, take 75mg, twice a day. That is lightweight. That will produce results.

I'm not a spokesman for the company, but I have three buldging disks in my back. The correct dose, takes ALL the pain away. I've been on this stuff for years.
The first time I took 900mg, I though I was on ghb or K. To this day, It will numb me up to the point that I don't feel anything.

Pregabalin/Lyrica is defenately not for anyone. That is a true,fair statement.
As with any medicine, don't get psychologically wrappped up in this medicine.

When you decide to stop it, technically, you can withdraw over the course of a week. It can be like a mini(not so bad version of a) benzo taper.

Personally, it's much easier to do over a few weeks to a month.

If anybody can tell, it has a long half life in certain people like me, especially if you take higher doses.

Honestly, 450mg in three doses should be all you need. I can hang at 600 mg a day.

If you dose it correctly, it definitely potentiates benzodiazepines. That is a YMMV, but that's a fact.

Btw, it pairs well with just about any amphetamine.

Numb and on amphetamines can be quite fun.

Sorry about the long post. I'm on a fat dose of this stuff.

I'm still up, but I definitely have been fading in and out. That blasted feeling you can get from a high dose in one shot or staggered, works once.

You can't truly repeat it the next day. Probably once a week.

It doesn't pay to abuse this stuff. When you run out a week early, that blows.

Squeaky, that high dose was for science. I do it once a while, but it's a complete waste every day.

You are correct. This stuff will kick your ass if you truly not careful.

I'm still using Lyrica daily. Only 150 mg/day. But I do bump it up to 300 or 450 if I'm trying to cut back on Oxy. The extra dose hits like alcohol and makes me sleep well enough that I can stay asleep through the short term wd's . I only take extra for 1 or 2 days, then I'm used to the lower dose of oxy and I go back to 150 mg Lyrica.
As long as the increase is only 2 days, my only problem is a little hangover the following day. Just a little foggy and detached in the morning for a few hours.

Last edited:
I've been on 900 mg of Lyrica for years but one time I mixed it with my pain medication and I couldn't stand up make sense of anything it really messed me up

Been on Lyrica 450mg for while. I would've push to. 600mg,but doctor(s) seem to not want to go higher then 450mg .

I've been on 600-750mg of Lyrica daily for a month, to deal with pain of tapering off suboxone (currently on 1.6mg).

Now I'm worried about Lyrica withdrawal when I stop. I've been reading that it can be more hellish than opiate/benzos/alcohol etc, and last months to years. What's the verdict on this?

I'm thinking about stopping the Lyrica completely now and hoping I don't get withdrawals, and then just toughing out the rest of bupe taper. When I make the jump, I may use Lyrica for the acute phase of the bupe withdrawals.

I also take 15 mg of Valium a day. How worried about Lyrica withdrawals should I be? My brain chemistry is so messed up right now. I'm 27, I want to be sober and happy.

I've been on 600-750mg of Lyrica daily for a month, to deal with pain of tapering off suboxone (currently on 1.6mg).

Now I'm worried about Lyrica withdrawal when I stop. I've been reading that it can be more hellish than opiate/benzos/alcohol etc, and last months to years. What's the verdict on this?

I'm thinking about stopping the Lyrica completely now and hoping I don't get withdrawals, and then just toughing out the rest of bupe taper. When I make the jump, I may use Lyrica for the acute phase of the bupe withdrawals.

I also take 15 mg of Valium a day. How worried about Lyrica withdrawals should I be? My brain chemistry is so messed up right now. I'm 27, I want to be sober and happy.

I know nothing about Lyrica, but jumping from that dose of bupe should be quite manageable. I jumped from two mg and I was able to go back to work, daily, after seven days since my last dose. I did wake in sweat for a month though, so nights were pretty bad that month lol - but day time was OK, tired, but OK.

I'm back to weening off methadone now though, unfortunately, planing to switch to bupe soon, so I can jump off.

Also, sorry for written words, number keys not working lol.

Thise heavy duty side effects become less of a bother after awhile:
Don't get me wrong, it is a powerful drug, but if taken correctly, you will recieve relief.
If it's too strong for example, take 75mg, twice a day. That is lightweight. That will produce results.

I'm not a spokesman for the company, but I have three buldging disks in my back. The correct dose, takes ALL the pain away. I've been on this stuff for years.
The first time I took 900mg, I though I was on ghb or K. To this day, It will numb me up to the point that I don't feel anything.

If.

I concur...I have a herniated disc (repaired via discectomy surgery) and I was amazed at how well this drug works on moderate pain to even bad pain....even with no opiates whatsoever in my system..

It's good to know it exists since opiods won't be available for pain managment to anyone soon, since ppl without any pain issues keep on dying from IV carfent.

the dumbass dea thinks taking pain meds away from sick, non drug abusers will somehow prevent jobless white ppl in the Northeast from slamming dirt cheap carfent.

I haven't read much about binges and comedowns with this drug.

I used this to get off opiate wd, worked very well. Too well. I've gone through nearly 54 in 3 days . Not many left , starting to feel weird like ghb wd.

What am I in for? Don't have many left.

It's hard to get dependent on but 54 pills in 3 days? That's uncharted Territory... No idea.

Do the cognitive side effects where you feel slightly stoned from weed go away if u keep dosing daily?

I take this drug on amd off according to my pain... But it makes me kind of stupid which is a big problem for work because my job is mentally strenuous.

I'd rather just take it all the time even when not in pain of that means I get used to it and don't have these cognitive deficits. What does everyone think?

Yes , 54 pills in 3 days. Well, actually 4

I read a few pages of the beginning of the first mega thread, a lot of posts about dosages recreationally and how safe it was.

I took 525 in one the first time, I've taken a lot of drugs over the years and this was like a combo of all those. A lot of ghb likeness, very chilled and stimulated. Also slightly trippy.

Next day I took 300, another 300, then a massive dose at night to try to get the same effect as the night previously.
That was stupid, probably took around 1.5 grams.

Next day took 900 in three doses. The last being a dose to ward off the rebound.

Today 875 in two doses and I'm done for today.

Have 4 left actually but I managed to get a few more. If you are An addict especiallY a lover of g if stay away. I feel like the long half life and resulting long withdrawal is the reason I've been redosing. I can't lose my job, it's very demanding and physical.

I actually only got this shit to ward off codeine wd which I took for 2 months/

I know I probably deserve this. I'm a fucking idiot. I know.

Still if no one knows what happens next in a case like this I'll just have to find out.

Hi all,

Scandinavia here. I was "sold" Lyrica in 2011 from the GP as something you cannot go wrong with, can stop how you want and is the perfect ailment for quite a pallet of probs. Well, for my nerve pains after an accident, jacking it up quite straight to 2x300mg, comboed with Tramadol, the pain relief actually beat 25uG fent patches.
That said, it's now 2017.
I've quit fent twice (doc said 80% fails every try), not to mention switching my favourite demon, Xanax, the f away to Oxepam too. Tapering that atm...

But, trying even to lower Lyrica with 150mg, 24-36h and it's total dread mode ....and thanks, but no. Rather repeat the slavery daily, than the perpetuous 'grizzly hiding in the toilet' -vibe, along its cold sweat works.
Uncle got retired from psych career, he said the pregabalin is scary, noone's totally on point about how it even works yet (don't quote me).

Oh, and never ever have I got a narcotic effect from Lyrica. I don't use alcohol and around here seems most people mix in that - anyway, heard in the pharmacy it's one of the biggest items on the dm now.

Strange compound. My 2 cents; use it but only if you feel you're getting out your days worth, too. This is imho RC territory in many ways.

Be safe :hi5:

Did you ever figure out what dosage works best ? i take gabapentin regularly, but i need to do something else to alternate days so im not building a tolerance