• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Lyrica ( Pregabalin) Discussion Thread

U will die from respiratory failure leading to cardiac arrest. just because tolerance to a drug means that you can take more, it also means the higher the dose is, well then the risk of adverse side-effects is extremely high.

be caareful

hey im alive....

SexywithEcstasy said:
Point is, it's a chloride-ion blocker. It stops the reuptake of GABA into the various benzodiazepine receptor sites. So, in a way, I guess that one could decrease one's tolerance while taking small doses of Lyrica, for about a week or two.

It works on calcium channels, not chlorine. You may be thinking of benzodiazepines, but they actually increase the amount of chloride ions taken into a cell. Barbiturates do a similar thing, the difference between the two being binding sites and how they affect the opening of the chloride ion channel (one opens the channel more rapidly I believe, the other keeps the channel open longer).

I end up taking sensible doses of 8 x 75 mg pills = 600 mg.

BUT THEN WHEN IT GET'S OUTTA CONTROL, I tend to take up to 14-20 x 75 mg.

I know for a fact that they potentiate benzodiazepines and are synergistic with opiates (a habit which I'm currently reviewing).

They're fucking expensive, only the sample packs are good and free and cheap (Don't get caught though LOL). You will go to prison overnight if you steal sample packs from GP's offices.

I get mine for free offa good doctor, he gives me 2 packs at a time to deal with headaches and shit.

Point is, it's a chloride-ion blocker. It stops the reuptake of GABA into the various benzodiazepine receptor sites. So, in a way, I guess that one could decrease one's tolerance while taking small doses of Lyrica, for about a week or two.

Nothing heals withdrawal from drugs, except time/effort/distraction/getting out there and being social/living life. A drug can own you, but you can also own a drug. The fried out people who wait in line for their morning Subutex or Methadone treatment, are victims of abuse by drugs, and no hope for them, the future predicts.
I guess that at a certain age, one has to reevaluate his/her behaviour, for the better of course. This happens at the age of 26-30. 25 years and younger are allowed to make fuck ups because that's part of their process in to society, and being a constructive member of it. People who still are addicted to drugs by the age of 26-30 have basically a fucked up life ahead of them, or they are at risk of dying.

Alcohol starts off first, in par with marijuana. Then when they get bored of it all, and hit 18, their introduced to RC's/Pills/LSD etc. Once their clubbing days are over, they start to feel down and out of the scene and so decide to use their contacts to buy narcotic type drugs. OTC codeine leads to stronger pain tablets, such as Tramadol and then OxyCodone, and then, heroin. You can kiss your arse good bye if you ever get in to Methamphetamine or Heroin or even Marijuana addiction.

Shit fucks up your life bros and sisto's.

a pretty fucked up statment if you ask me! those "fried out people" live normal lives just like you and me!yes a drug can own you but atleast those H or what ever addicts are doing somthing about it.theres a whole lot about the subbie program.they have drug councling and other shit.Maybe you should think these things before you go calling them "fried out" people the bupe program is for people to taper off there addiction.If you havnt expirenced the bupe program shut your fucking gob!

^ I didn't see that part of his post before (to be honest I skipped over a lot of it).

Anyone who has been part of the methadone/buprenorphine program or seen it as a worker in a related area, or had friends/family who have been on it will know that all sorts of people are part of the program. There are people who are just starting to get their lives back together and then there are those who have been on the program for quite a while and are fairly stable. I know people who are professionals, or are quite high up the ladder at their work who are on the program.

Saying that there is no hope for them shows more about how you view your own addiction problems rather then the real world facts about how people with addiction issues are able to cope and put their lives back together.

I meant a few select people of our population. Like I was at a Doctor's clinic one time and I saw this guy:

he had 20 packets of Panadeine Forte, his girlfriend was on 300 mg of morphine per day, and he was homeless. I felt bad when I said we had no room to accommodate him and his girlfriend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm talking about the serious junkies who don't want help and just wanna get fucked up round the clock, for the rest of their short-lived lives.

People misinterpret me so badly lol. Maybe I should stick to small, coherent posts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is pregabalin (lyrica) prescribed in aus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyrica
Pregabalin is indicated for:
Treatment of neuropathic pain from diabetic neuropathy or post herpetic neuralgia. There is not enough data to state that it should be used in all neuropathic pain.
Adjunctive therapy in adults with partial seizures with or without secondary generalization
Fibromyalgia
Generalized anxiety disorder (approved in the European Union).[12][13]
Alcohol Withdrawal

Usually physicians will start the patient on a low dose of pregabalin and increase it gradually, depending on the patient's evaluation. Its therapeutic effect appears after 1 week of use and is similar in effectiveness to lorazepam, alprazolam and venlafaxine but pregabalin has demonstrated superiority by producing more consistent therapeutic effects for psychic and somatic anxiety symptoms. Long-term trials have shown continued effectiveness without the development of tolerance and additionally unlike benzodiazepines it does not disrupt sleep architecture and produces less severe cognitive and psychomotor impairment; it also has a low potential for abuse and dependence and may be preferred over the benzodiazepines for these reasons.
i have generalized anxiety disorder & dont want to build a tolerance to benzos. this drug looks promising.
Is it prescribed here?
has anyone had any experiences with it?

Is it prescribed here?

Yeh it is, I know a few people who use it.

I've had experiences using it, all good and fun, haven't used it that much tho. The 2 people who I know who use it legally say it works great for them (nerve pain and someone else who just has alot of pain and issues. It's really expensive tho.

ps) there's a thread here dedicated to Lyrica.

I have a few 150mg caps of this stuff lying around to try, I seem to read a pretty variable suggestion of what dose to take though. I have a friend who got pretty fucked up off 300mg, but then I also read of people that are taking a shitload more than that. Is 300mg a good starting point or should I go for 450mg? I want to be as safe as I can with it but I would also like to get the best out of the small amount I have, any suggestions?

Also is a few drinks on this stuff generally OK? I tend to have atleast a few drinks every night but I don't want to end up in dangerous territory. Does it lead to similar behaviour that benzos+alcohol would?

I have a few 150mg caps of this stuff lying around to try, I seem to read a pretty variable suggestion of what dose to take though. I have a friend who got pretty fucked up off 300mg, but then I also read of people that are taking a shitload more than that. Is 300mg a good starting point or should I go for 450mg? I want to be as safe as I can with it but I would also like to get the best out of the small amount I have, any suggestions?

Also is a few drinks on this stuff generally OK? I tend to have atleast a few drinks every night but I don't want to end up in dangerous territory. Does it lead to similar behaviour that benzos+alcohol would?

i personally havnt drunk any piss while on lyrica so cant really say. but if you want to keep it as safe as possible i would avoid drinking and start low and work your way up take the 300mg if you dont feel much by 1.5 hours take the other 150mg and a valium or somthin if u got it. :) hope that helps mate

^ Cheers for the advice mate, I think I will take your advice and start with 300mg. :) Will do my best to avoid drinking but I think a beer or two is probably inevitable... Shouldn't have too much bother if I keep it to that though I wouldn't imagine, will definately wait a few hours into the experience before I crack one.

^ Cheers for the advice mate, I think I will take your advice and start with 300mg. :) Will do my best to avoid drinking but I think a beer or two is probably inevitable... Shouldn't have too much bother if I keep it to that though I wouldn't imagine, will definately wait a few hours into the experience before I crack one.

no wokkas mate let us know how it goes.im sure a beer or 2 wont hurt just take it easy on the piss.... :)

Would it be risky to take some lyrica and a lil bit of valium after a small ammount of meth????

bah!, can a mod pls unban sexwithekkies????

just so that I can join the fun and tell him/her/IT that how ignorant/naive/judgemental/immature they are!

U will die from respiratory failure leading to cardiac arrest. just because tolerance to a drug means that you can take more, it also means the higher the dose is, well then the risk of adverse side-effects is extremely high.

be caareful

OMFG I WILL DIE :(, fuck, help

what is the number for OMFG I HAVE TAKEN A DRUG NOW I WILL DIE HOTLINE?????

-back to topic,

I've never tried lyrica myself. I hear its got good potentiation propertys to both benzos and opis,

If I can get my hands on some I'd def try em. First by it self, then try it as a potentiator ;)

I've had 300mg caps with alcohol before, i liked it. I wouldn't personally wont much more than 300, as i mixed them with several beers (maybe 5 or 6 over several hrs). I rekon 300 is a good starting point. It just made me feel wobbly and happy i think.

One of my friends got 75mg caps from their GP for her pain recently (mouth, gums, missing or pulled teeth nerve pain). I was thinking that 75mg wouldn't do much, but she rekons they've been helping alot, but after i told her i've had 300's i think she will probably ask for 150's or 300's next time.

Oh yeah a friend of mine had 2 x 300 caps and shat himself. So he told me anyway, thankfully I wasn't there.

actually SHAT him self like did a poopy aka number2 in his pants??????

the rush must of been AWESOME to get that uncontrolable bowel movement? lol

Sorta like the first time you taken a real good strong mdma googie, and as it comes up, YOU run straight to the toilet, do a poop, and as your poop, you have one of your bestest comeups in your life?

I have taken it for anxiety for a while. My psych prescribes it to me. It's awesome at first, but the whole tolerance thing sucks!...lol

Yeah, tolerance builds after trying it a couple of times and it gets shit but the tiny honeymoon period is the best anxiety relief around.