Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Lyrica ( Pregabalin) Discussion Thread

junkie skumbag

Bluelighter
Well there seems to be shitloads of threads poping up about lyrica. So i thought i would make one where we can ask all the questions about lyrica in this thread rather than making 10000's of new threads for basicly the same questions :) i take a fair bit of lyrica if anyone wants to know anything about lyrica and combos please feel free to ask and i will do my best to answer. :)

NOTE TO MODS:sorry if there is already a big thread about lyrica i just thought i would try to make your jobs a lil easyer by moving all these quistens into one single thread.Please remvoe if there is already a thread like this.

spell will be fixed once im soberd up :)

The first time i did it i wasnt aware that it actualy had desirable recreational effects. thought it would be bullshit. but it was free so i snorted a bunch of it and WOW MAN this shits actualy worth taking. pleasant surprise.

The first time i did it i wasnt aware that it actualy had desirable recreational effects. thought it would be bullshit. but it was free so i snorted a bunch of it and WOW MAN this shits actualy worth taking. pleasant surprise.

you snort the stuff?! i've only ev every taken em orally.most i had was 4 900mg caps (and other stuff :p) at once and i started getting full on visuals.nothin like LSD just lights seemed very diffrent hard to explane.How dose racking compair to swollowing???veryyyy intersted :p

Im not sure there is much of a difference between railing and oral. maybe kicks in a little faster but im not sure if the intranasal bioavalability is much better than just oral. alot of it still got to my stomach anyway when it dripped. iv only done pregabalin a couple times so i wont be that much help but in my experience there wasnt really any major benifits from snorting if i did it agian would just eat it.

you snort the stuff?! i've only ev every taken em orally.most i had was 4 900mg caps (and other stuff :p) at once and i started getting full on visuals.nothin like LSD just lights seemed very diffrent hard to explane.How dose racking compair to swollowing???veryyyy intersted :p

i think its worth a go, ive taken it a few times both oral and nasal, its a lot of powder to snort, mind you.
it made me feel like i was hell drunk, you know like when you do the sideways walk when drunk,.... yea like that, which was cool, cuz im not a big drinker, get sick too quick, so its a good way for me to feel drunk with out having a blood alcohol level, if that makes sense... any how yeah its worth while ... my 2cents

I want it as an alternative to benzos to treat my GAD.
is it more addictive than benzos?
is it more recreational than benzos?

Id probably use it recreationally once & just to get a food feel for it. & than use it when i have anxiety only like I was doing with benzos. Now when i take valium recreationally I take about 100mg which doesnt really do all that much so how much do u think I should start with?
I dont wanna be staggering around noticeably effected.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend was on it for nerve pain. They also mentioned after taking it for many months they thought a side effect of it was jerking limb movements. I remember seeing it happen a few times - where an arm or a leg would just flip out or kick out. Does anyone else find this happening? The friend I mention was on alot of other medication tho at the same time tho.

Yeah the times i've had it it's made me feel (more) drunk, wobbly and happy, altho i used to have it around a few beers.

Last edited:
to be honest on my first dose wich was around 450mg i forgot i even took it

Id probably use it recreationally once & just to get a food feel for it. & than use it when i have anxiety only like I was doing with benzos. Now when i take valium recreationally I take about 100mg which doesnt really do all that much so how much do u think I should start with?

start low and work your way up try 75mg-150mg see how you feel if you ddont get the effects you want bump ur dose up by 75mg next time.

My friend was on it for nerve pain. They also mentioned after taking it for many months they thought a side effect of it was jerking limb movements. I remember seeing it happen a few times - where an arm or a leg would just flip out or kick out. Does anyone else find this happening? The friend I mention was on alot of other medication tho at the same time tho.

Yeah the times i've had it it's made me feel (more) drunk, wobbly and happy, altho i used to have it around a few beers.

hahahahahahaha yes we have all noticed some major twitching from it not worrying but can get a bit annoying.in higher dose's it feels like your whole body is slightlly twitching if you get me. :)

I've heard its less addictive than benzos but can still be quite addictive and WD's are basicly on par with benzo WD's.Heres a post i made before hope it helps

"google is your friend man wiki any of those quistns and you will get your answer.

1. it has less addictive propitys than most benzos but can still have addiction potential and WD's.
2. no its not more recreational than benzos but mixed with a low dose of valium or codeine it can be veryyyyyy enjoyable. just dont go overboard....sorry for my spelling im super fucked up on 10mg+ of xanax and other goodys (just after i tell u not to go overboard with the downers )

my sweet spot ( i do have a tollorince to lyrica and to most downers.I also handle my benzos very well just a warning) is 900mg of lyrica 5-10mg of valium or .5mg-1mg of xanax and 4 panadine fortes (120mgish of codeine) dose the job very nicely.....be careful with it tho!!! when i fisrt started abusing lyrica me and a friend blacked out and slept through my friends knocking on the door as hard as they could. my dogs barking there heads off and all ect ect.woke up with a hole burnt in the couch from a ciggie lucky i didnt burn the house down n sleep right though it or there would be no junkie skumbag to tell this tail :p

Also lyrica can cause some odd twitching in high dose's say if u have 2 lots of 900mg in 1 night you will have some odd twitchs nothing to worry about just can get a bit annoying or scare the shit out of you when ur semi asleep and all of a sudden one of your legs goes flying up in the air hahaha.

hope this helps PLUR

I would advise starting off at 500mg-750mg for a recreational dose (depending on how well u can handle downers) i warn you right now tho difrent people handle it VERY diffrently it can casue some people to almost trip like there on DMT in high dose's.....just be super careful mixing downers together man.
To me lyrica is like a cross between ketamine piss and weak morphiene.but then again i talk to some people who think its shit (but those people are into there opiates BIIIIIG time)

EDIT: i just read that your doc prescribed you this for anxity.i never knew it had anti anxity propitys,once you start taking them for there proper reason can you please PM me and let me know how they compair to helping anxity to say valium or oxezapam witch i am prescribed for social anxity and pannic attacks thanks :)

Last edited:
I wonder what it's used for medically?
Visuals hey? I wonder what receptor that works on.
*google awaaaayyy*

anticonvulsant drug used for neuropathic pain and as an adjunct therapy for partial seizures with or without secondary generalization in adults.[1] It has also been found effective for generalized anxiety disorder and is (as of 2007) approved for this use in the European Union [...] and Alcohol Withdrawal and Fibromylagia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregabalin

-pregabalin binding throughout the CNS, with high-level binding in the cortex, hippocampus, cerebellum, dorsal horn of the spinal cord, and amygdala.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21651903

Mostly all calcium and Gaba channels.
I wonder where these visuals are coming from?

additionally the mild euphoric effects of pregablin disappear with prolonged use
http://tidsskriftet.no/article/1797598

The exact mechanism of Lyrica's action has not been fully characterized. Lyrica binds to the alpha2-delta auxiliary subunit of voltage-gated calcium channels. Blockade of these channels has been shown to inhibit the calcium-dependent release of a number of neurotransmitters. The drug is a structural derivative of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, though it does not bind directly to GABAa, GABAb, or benzodiazepine receptors, does not augment GABAa responses in cultured neurons, does not alter rat brain GABA concentration or have acute effects on GABA uptake or degradation. In cultured neurons prolonged application of pregabalin increased the density of GABA transporter protein and increased the rate of functional GABA transport. The drug does not achieve its antinociceptive or antiseizure activity through blockade of sodium channels, activation of opioid receptors, alteration of cyclooxygenase enzyme activity, through activity at serotonin and dopamine receptors, or through effect on dopamine, serotonin, or noradrenaline reuptake.
http://www.medilexicon.com/drugs/lyrica.php

Interesting.
I don't understand where the visuals are coming from, I'm not too knowledgable on calcium channels.
Some one want to explain?

I've never heard of anyone tripping off pregabalin before.

I used to have an awesome graphic which was a drawn image of a nerve cell and where various drugs such as benzodiazepines, gabapentin and some other anti-epileptics act at/are theorized to act at but it seems as though I didn't save it correctly. :\

I wonder what it's used for medically?
Visuals hey? I wonder what receptor that works on.
*google awaaaayyy*

yeah yeah the doctor told my friend that it was a sezier medication stright up.Im prescribed another "anti seizure" thats also used to treat anxity the name excapes me at the moment :S i dont take it cos i abuse lyrica and im worried theres gonna be a bad effect if i mix the 2 ya know.....better to be safe than sorry.I'll find the name tomorrow n ask if anyone has tried it n if it has any rec value?

I've never heard of anyone tripping off pregabalin before.

I've tripped from pregabalin numerous times; albeit only in higher doses. (700mg-1g). I also seem to trip whenever I mix it with another substance, any substance.

I end up taking sensible doses of 8 x 75 mg pills = 600 mg.

BUT THEN WHEN IT GET'S OUTTA CONTROL, I tend to take up to 14-20 x 75 mg.

I know for a fact that they potentiate benzodiazepines and are synergistic with opiates (a habit which I'm currently reviewing).

They're fucking expensive, only the sample packs are good and free and cheap (Don't get caught though LOL). You will go to prison overnight if you steal sample packs from GP's offices.

I get mine for free offa good doctor, he gives me 2 packs at a time to deal with headaches and shit.

Point is, it's a chloride-ion blocker. It stops the reuptake of GABA into the various benzodiazepine receptor sites. So, in a way, I guess that one could decrease one's tolerance while taking small doses of Lyrica, for about a week or two.

Nothing heals withdrawal from drugs, except time/effort/distraction/getting out there and being social/living life. A drug can own you, but you can also own a drug. The fried out people who wait in line for their morning Subutex or Methadone treatment, are victims of abuse by drugs, and no hope for them, the future predicts.

I guess that at a certain age, one has to reevaluate his/her behaviour, for the better of course. This happens at the age of 26-30. 25 years and younger are allowed to make fuck ups because that's part of their process in to society, and being a constructive member of it. People who still are addicted to drugs by the age of 26-30 have basically a fucked up life ahead of them, or they are at risk of dying.

Alcohol starts off first, in par with marijuana. Then when they get bored of it all, and hit 18, their introduced to RC's/Pills/LSD etc. Once their clubbing days are over, they start to feel down and out of the scene and so decide to use their contacts to buy narcotic type drugs. OTC codeine leads to stronger pain tablets, such as Tramadol and then OxyCodone, and then, heroin. You can kiss your arse good bye if you ever get in to Methamphetamine or Heroin or even Marijuana addiction.

Shit fucks up your life bros and sisto's.

i've read some pretty judgemental things on bluelight, but the above post truly takes the cake.
do you really believe that 'gateway drug' stuff? i'm guessing you're pretty young, right?
there is nothing wrong with that, but this idea that your life is over by the time you're in your mid twenties strikes me as a little odd.
may i ask how old you are?

this idea that we all must conform to certain behaviours at certain ages is....well, i can't even articulate what i think of that whilst still being polite.
taking drugs does not mean you are irresponsible or reckless. some drug users are - no doubt about it - but a big part of the reason people question the government line on "illegal drugs" is because so many people don't have their lives ruined by getting high once in a while. plenty of drug users hold down jobs and have responsibilities and do all sorts of "normal" things, no matter how old they are or what their substance of choice happens to be.

not everybody wants to 'settle down' and stop enjoying themselves at a certain predetermined age, and some of the best people i know are older drug users. some of them are very successful materially, others have different priorities in life...but i can't really accept this idea that "You can kiss your arse good bye if you ever get in to Methamphetamine or Heroin or even Marijuana addiction" - that sounds like the sort of thing fred nile or alan jones would say.

i think you'll find those paragraphs describe a lot of people that use this board - and i would like to think that we are free of those sorts of generalisations in this community. it is all about harm minimisation, after all.
shit, i'd take illicit drugs over prescription meds any day of the week, but that's just my preference. i don't look down on people that think pharmaceuticals will answer their problems, even if it's something i avoid myself.
i know you already seem to think i'm having a go at you for some reason, sexywithecstasy - but i'm not sure if you're just trying to get a reaction with a post like that...?

I end up taking sensible doses of 8 x 75 mg pills = 600 mg.

BUT THEN WHEN IT GET'S OUTTA CONTROL, I tend to take up to 14-20 x 75 mg.
I know for a fact that they potentiate benzodiazepines and are synergistic with opiates (a habit which I'm currently reviewing).

They're fucking expensive, only the sample packs are good and free and cheap (Don't get caught though LOL). You will go to prison overnight if you steal sample packs from GP's offices.

I get mine for free offa good doctor, he gives me 2 packs at a time to deal with headaches and shit.

Point is, it's a chloride-ion blocker. It stops the reuptake of GABA into the various benzodiazepine receptor sites. So, in a way, I guess that one could decrease one's tolerance while taking small doses of Lyrica, for about a week or two.

Nothing heals withdrawal from drugs, except time/effort/distraction/getting out there and being social/living life. A drug can own you, but you can also own a drug. The fried out people who wait in line for their morning Subutex or Methadone treatment, are victims of abuse by drugs, and no hope for them, the future predicts.

I guess that at a certain age, one has to reevaluate his/her behaviour, for the better of course. This happens at the age of 26-30. 25 years and younger are allowed to make fuck ups because that's part of their process in to society, and being a constructive member of it. People who still are addicted to drugs by the age of 26-30 have basically a fucked up life ahead of them, or they are at risk of dying.

Alcohol starts off first, in par with marijuana. Then when they get bored of it all, and hit 18, their introduced to RC's/Pills/LSD etc. Once their clubbing days are over, they start to feel down and out of the scene and so decide to use their contacts to buy narcotic type drugs. OTC codeine leads to stronger pain tablets, such as Tramadol and then OxyCodone, and then, heroin. You can kiss your arse good bye if you ever get in to Methamphetamine or Heroin or even Marijuana addiction.

Shit fucks up your life bros and sisto's.

dudeee my tollorince must be through the rood im on my 2nd dose of 900mg with 10mg n 1mg of xanax :\

just reading how ppl tripping on lyrica i personally never had that exsperiance and id take up too a full pack of 100mg in a day was taking it for fits mainly would take 14x100mg and 3 or 4 60mg ms contin worked very well for nerve pain wen u have a backinjury and stoped the fits most the time. I personally didnt exsperiance any addictive traits but did help wen i ran out of morph take a handfull get semi knocked out u can open the caps up and put them bak on loosly helps kik in faster or sum warm water 2 breaks the capsule down but be carfull with the amout never had any bad exsperiances but evey1 has diff tolerances.

U will die from respiratory failure leading to cardiac arrest. just because tolerance to a drug means that you can take more, it also means the higher the dose is, well then the risk of adverse side-effects is extremely high.

be caareful

just reading how ppl tripping on lyrica i personally never had that exsperiance and id take up too a full pack of 100mg in a day was taking it for fits mainly would take 14x100mg and 3 or 4 60mg ms contin worked very well for nerve pain wen u have a backinjury and stoped the fits most the time. I personally didnt exsperiance any addictive traits but did help wen i ran out of morph take a handfull get semi knocked out u can open the caps up and put them bak on loosly helps kik in faster or sum warm water 2 breaks the capsule down but be carfull with the amout never had any bad exsperiances but evey1 has diff tolerances.

mate the "good" effect start at like 500mg+ 100mg is just enough to stop pain ect do you have the 75mg caps or the 300mg caps? my friend managed to get the doctor to give him the 300mg caps cos of the fuckin stupidly high price of them.