• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

Silence! :p

I like quiet when im H'd up, helps me to think the sweet thoughts I have on the stuff. If I did want to listen to music it would be something like the softer pink floyd stuff or Xavier Rudd, in other words calm, tranquil acoustic stuffMaybe even TOOL. But I doubt that ill ever get around to trying it as im happy with my silence when im really fucked up.

I like My Bloody Valentine, Warpaint, The Velvet Underground, Pixies, Women, and BADBADNOTGOOD on heroin.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Violent Femmes

SECOND EDIT: btw there's already a thread here for this topic

Last edited:
Strip club anthems. My summer joint is "Bandz A Make Her Dance" - Juicy J. I can't stop listening to it.

i LOVE some progressive shit when I'm high, classics like Pink Floyd or Rush but also something more "modern" like dream theater or maybe some The Faceless (the last album is way more prog tho and it's a pure fucking bliss to listen to while stoned). prog and complex shit makes me cum while I'm high
nevertheless I also love brutal shit, like suffocation, carcass, death and many more that i just can't remember now.
OR something more deep and dark like Burzum (hvis liset tar oss :Q______)
I really enjoy psytrance or some goa too, also something "harder" like some dnb or dubstep.
dunno, usually I just look trough the albums i have and put on something I think would be great to listen and i listend to the whole thing

Psychedelic Rock:

-Jefferson Airplane
-It's a Beautiful Day (self-titled album is best [tracks 6 & 7 are absolutely amazing on DXM and cannabis]; the album Marrying Maiden is also very decent)
-Grateful Dead
-Jethro Tull
-The Moody Blues​

Reggae:

-Peter Tosh ("Mama Africa" really influenced a salvia d. trip once; I was convinced that Africa is where I came from , and that I was finally going back :) )
-Eek-A-Mouse
-Burning Spear
-Bob Marley​

Alternative/Grunge:

-Alice In Chains (pretty much all albums are good)​

There are more, but those are the ones I always go back to.

None - I prefer silence. On opiates, music, and all noise in general, seems offensive and almost painful to my ears.

^ I thought there was something wrong with me because my hearing is so sensitive on opiates. If there's really loud noises, it's amplified a lot in my head and it's crunchy or something. If that makes any sense.

same man!

Silence! :p

I like quiet when im H'd up, helps me to think the sweet thoughts I have on the stuff. If I did want to listen to music it would be something like the softer pink floyd stuff or Xavier Rudd, in other words calm, tranquil acoustic stuffMaybe even TOOL. But I doubt that ill ever get around to trying it as im happy with my silence when im really fucked up.

Noises can be like chalk on a board when I'm real high, PC fans and what not piss me the fuck off. I just want to nod out with no distractions :D

I thoroughly enjoy many genres in all mental states, but I do particularly appreciate my old Robert Johnsonish delta blues when nicely opiated. Generally, anything that ain't fast and angry could please me when opiated...

Do you like to make music while on something?

I like lots of different music in lots of different settings, I guess. I prefer my music live, outdoors during the summer. I usually go to concerts with my friend Molly. Sometimes we do some skiing.

I'm mostly a huge, pathetic Phish nerd. I did go to several mid-90s Lollapallozas and came of age on a diet of The Pixies, Sonic Youth, and west coast 90s punk with healthy portions of classic and prog rock (Zeppelin, Floyd, early Genesis, Rush, Talking Heads, etc) thrown in.

I love opiates. They're my DOC but I can't imagine wanting to nod out at a concert. But at home with some sultry jazz (Billie Holiday) or chill stuff like Portishead, it's awesome.

I'm also a big fan of

• Leonard Cohen (opiates)
  • LCD Soundsystem (speed)
  • Beastie Boys (everything, anything, or nothing at all)
  • moe. (LSD, MDMA)
  • Juno Reactor (MDMA)
  • Tiesto (MDMA)

to name a few. As much as I like jam bands, I've never been into the Dead. Then again, I don't like pot either.

I also like making music while high, particularly on speed or L. I play keys and drums among other random things. I sing the blues like a crappier version of Ella Fitzgerald sometimes on opiates.

Anybody else like play while high? What instrument/drug combos?

Last edited:
Music enhancing drugs?

Just wanted to know... In your opinion, which drug does enhance music the best?
Out of the few I tried, ecstasy is on top of my list.

And you?

GB;L/GHB for sure. Ecstasy is up there, but GBL has been the best one to make music sound amazing out of all the things I have tried.