• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

(How) Has drug use influenced your music taste?

So, It's no secret that Drum and Bass, Hardcore, Gabber, Hardstyle etc, basically all EDM, is grouped together with MDMA, along with other drugs.

As Psytrance and Goa is linked with LSD, and reggae is linked with cannabis use.

Do you guys believe that your drug use has made you enjoy other genres?

I've always been a 60s/70s prog and psych kind of guy, with folk and classic rock mixed in. Then came the LSD, which then had me listening to Psy/Chill ambient, Psy/Goa trance. I love Psytrance and you'll usually find that that's what's cranking on my stereo.

The first time I did MDMA was about one and a half months ago, and since then I've been crazily in love with Drum and Bass and a bit of Gabber, something which me 6 months ago would have cringed at.

Your thoughts?

Stoned
Max Romeo
Eek A Mouse
Bob Dylan
Leonard Cohen
Androcell
Carbon Based Lifeforms

Ketamine
Aphex Twin (Alberto Balsalm is a great tune for K)
Grungy dubstep
Minimal techno

MDMA
House (Classic, Deep and Acid, Mr Fingers, Liquid, FSOL, Altern-8)
Uplifting and Hard Trance (Chicane, Sunbeam, Unreal)
Drum and Bass (Konflict, Netsky, Logistics, Noisa, Photek, Intense)

Tripping
Shpongle
Shulman
Solar Quest
Entheogenic
Hendrix
Donovan
Pink Floyd

I could go into long detail on this, and I just may when I actually have the time to really show how drugs have broadened my musical horizon tenfold, but I'll just leave it at this.

Ketamine + Drum N Bass = <3

Anything but country music or dance stuff,, as a true and proud product of the eighties I am a true metal head born n raised. And I agree with MrLeading,, stuff you know is more calming and at home rather then being sketched out by something you not only have never heard but may not like as well. nothing sucks worse then bad music with a good buzz lol,, I won't bother listing bands I like unless I am not alone,,., MetalHeads Unite!!!! lol, and actually,,one of my favorite bands for the last year or two has a rather suiting name for this whole topic : Dope ,not kidding, if you like heavy stuff check em out,,they do a wide variety of stuff,,great band.The vid below is a tune they do everyone would like,not a really heavy tune,check it out,,bet ya love it =D

http://youtu.be/kM5hqqyeIZM

%)

Last edited:
I'm into Liquicity and SuicideSheeep. A lot of weed-smokers have joined our community over the past few years and it's incredible.

Liquicity is Liquid Drum & Bass ( I dont like normal drum and bass it's too heavy but liquid is so chilled )

Suicidesheeep ( Dont be put off by the name LOL ) is a varied music including Chillstep, Deep House, Liquid D&B etc.

I'd recommend it, search on youtube and don't be put off by some tunes because they are pretty sht. But when you find that tune you want...incredible.

Very Calm and relaxing.

Can't really get into the links to specifics songs on my phone, however, a general of artists I like should suffice for now.

Noisia
Busdriver
Sander Van Doorn
Thievery Corporation
Led Zeppelin
The Thrillseekers: Night Music compilation albums
Radiohead
Nu:Tone/Logistics together or as their own acts
Flying Lotus

quasimoto is weed music to a T

^that whole new album is perfect to get high to

also ive got a feeling this album is going to be rly dope from this song

[video]https://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/machinedrum-eyesdontlie[/video]

This is def Drug Culture Material, not Cannabis Discussion.

Gonna move this to DC, I believe there is already a fav music while high type thread. So mods feel free to merge where you like!

Favorite Music on Opiates/Opioids

I know there is a "Favorite When Baked..." thread just below, but tunes best suited to opioids tend to be of a different breed. No particular format/information is necessary, just make sure to give links (or just names if links aren't available)!

My personal qualifications:
1. Long songs (I don't want to move).
2. Noisy but not quite harsh (guitar fuzz seems to compliment bodily fuzz nicely).
3. Repetitive (really lets me zone in/out, over & over).

Favorites:
Les Rallizes Denudes - Fuzzed-out 70s Japanese Psych. Notoriously, their former bassist was part of the Red Army Faction and highjacked an airliner, landing it in North Korea before disappearing (known as the Yodogo -- flightless bird -- incident).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWWa8nEMjT4

William Basinski's Disintegration Loops - Ambient composer tried to transfer his tape archives to digital; the tapes began to fall apart. He made analog tape-loops of his favorite sections, and let them transfer while "disintegrating". Rumor has it, he finished the project the morning of 9/11 in his NY flat, then blasted the sound of tapes falling apart from his roof while watching the towers burn and eventually fall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTzDONk9oeI

Cluster's Sowiesoso - Two Germans with no proper music training making the most beautiful sounds I've heard. Brian Eno heard this album, then immediately dropped what he was doing and flew to meet them (then to record 'Cluster & Eno' as well as to become a sometimes member of the new group Harmonia -- a Krautrock supergroup of Moebius and Roedelius (of Cluster) and Michael Rother (of Neu!).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAVFQ2gaf8k

Anything I listen to already but about 1.5 dB louder to negate the temporary hearing loss.

Obviously Pink Floyd, followed by Miles Davis. I also enjoy Radiohead, Godspeed You! Black Emporer and Pinback when oped.

Anything I listen to already but about 1.5 dB louder to negate the temporary hearing loss.

What? I SAID WHAAAAT?

Any music is fine but i really like me some good old grateful dead n maybe jerry garcia band every now n again is ok.

First time I ever tried oxy I chilled the fuck out with my bong and listening to Tom Waits all night.

Tom Waits is great when you're fucked up on anything, period.

Anything by Lou Reed / Velvet underground

Heh, I knew someone would quickly post about Reed -- fiends must have been shooting up to Heroin since the day the song hit the airwaves (Reed also works bloody well with amphetamines).

When I'm rrrusshhin' on my run, an' I feel just like Jesus son...

I personally love listening to rock/reggae after sativa's, and mostly rap/90's hip hop after indicas. WU TANG FOREVER! :)