D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Celebrity/Famous Figures Drug Thread

paradoxcycle said:
Originally posted by hashish2020

Miles Davis
Bill Gates
Coltraine
Ray Charles
Charles Dickens(even tho I hate his books)
Thomas Edison

Originally posted by Kandy K
what'd they use?

Miles Davis, Ray Charles, Coltraine and Billie Holiday all used heroin.

Bill Gates-pot---people say acid but that's Jobs
Colraine was more of a coke guy really, but he used smack and weed for sure
Charles Dickens-opium
Edison-alcohol coke combo drink called Vin Mariani,
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...thomas+edison+drug+use&hl=en&client=firefox-a
"Another drug in use for centuries was contained in the coca leaf, which people living in the growing regions of the high Andes chewed as a way to obtain more energy and endurance. Cocaine was isolated from coca leaves in 1860 by A. Niemann of Vienna. An alcoholic extract was introduced shortly thereafter by Angelo Mariani as Vin Mariani, a tonic that proved popular until about the turn of the century. Testimonials from such celebrities as Thomas Edison, as well as a gold medal from Pope Leo XIII, came to Mariani for his coca extracts. Coca-Cola was modeled after Vin Mariani except that the alcohol was removed to make it a temperance beverage. Cocaine was removed from the soft drink about 1900."

I think the real question here is...

Are there any (current) celebrities that haven't ever done drugs?

I sorta doubt it.
Well I guess you can always count on Marylin Manson being straight-edge

Top 20 Celebrity Drug Confessions

Top 20 Celebrity Drug Confessions

I thought this was better for DC than my domain =D

Angelina Jolie:

I hate heroin because I’ve been fascinated by it. I’m not immune, but I won’t do it now, at all.

Brad Pitt:

If someone wants to do drugs…as long as he or she isn’t corrupting minors or driving under the influence or endangering others, shouldn’t a person have that right?

Colin Farrell:

I ended up on a shrink’s couch, and he told me to write down how much I did in a week: 20 E’s, 4 grams of coke, six of speed, half an ounce of hash, three bottles of Jack Daniel’s, 12 bottles of red wine, 60 pints.

Drew Barrymore:

My mind seemed to have a huge neon sign in it that blinked nonstop: COKE. GET COKE. So I did. It was great for dieting, partying and picking up my mood.

George Clooney:

I’ve slept with too many women, done too many drugs and been to too many parties. I loved acid when I was at college. It was an escape. I liked mushrooms. They were like easy acid. I did like blow…Blow would dress you up for a party, but never take you there. You’re always like. This is going to be great! Then you’re just depressed.

Fergie Ferguson:

The drug was the hardest boyfriend I ever had to break up with. I dug deep as to why I got there.

Nicole Richie:

I was like a trash can - I took everything.

Halle Berry:

People in this business use cocaine and crack, but I never wanted to put that in my body. Why would I? I tried pot when I was 18 or 19. But it just made me scared to leave the house.

Anthony Kiedis:

I grew up with drugs, but it wasn’t until recently, that I grew out of them.

Davina McCall:

Bill Hicks:

You name it, I took it. Cocaine, ecstasy, even heroin – although I never injected... I had a job so I looked like I was holding everything together. But then the cracks started to show.

See I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do, and if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cds and burn ‘em. ’cause you know the musicians who made all that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years.... rrrrrrrrreal f**kin high on drugs.

Joel Madden:

Without cigarettes, I would be doing heroin, probably, on a daily basis.

Madonna:

I only tried Vicodin once. Drugs have a weird effect on me. They do the opposite with me. I just chewed the entire inside of my mouth. I bitched at everybody. And I was in more pain. It was the worst experience of my life. So I’m happy to say that none of my pharmaceuticals — and I had a plethora of them given to me — influenced me.

Pete Doherty:

I’ always stumble back on it sooner or later, even if it’s for half an hour a day. There was no shame, because I kind of knew they were just lonely p***ed-up old queens. And £20 was a lot of money!

Naomi Campbell:

I was at a concert in a European country and I was offered cocaine. It made me feel invincible. Like I could conquer the world. I was just completely over-confident, but it’s all a misconception because when you wake up the next day it’s all gone and you feel awful. And the more you take drugs, the more you want. And that’s how you become an addict.

Kate Moss:

I take full responsibility for my actions. I also accept that there are various personal issues that I need to address and have started taking the difficult, yet necessary, steps to resolve them.

George Michael:

Cannabis keeps me sane and happy. I’d say it’s a great drug - but obviously it’s not very healthy. You can’t afford to smoke it if you’ve got anything to do.

Keith Richards:

The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared.

Whitney Houston:

My business is sex, drugs, rock and roll. You know? My friends, we have a good time. But as you get older and you get wiser - you stop a lot of the kid stuff. Trust me. I partied my tail off. You get to a point where... the party’s over.

Sienna Miller:

I still love the odd hallucinogenic drug. If I had a drug of choice, it would be magic mushrooms.

Link

Its kind of sad how a quote like this

"If someone wants to do drugs…as long as he or she isn’t corrupting minors or driving under the influence or endangering others, shouldn’t a person have that right?" - Brad Pitt

is viewed as a "confession".

Seemed like more DC minded bizniz to me. Close if necessary mods =D

Seems DC realted to me too, I like brad pitts quote.. I was like HELL yeah!

Nicole Richie:

ROFL! best one yet aahahaahaha

those were pretty funny, nichole richie and colin ferrall were hillarious and i kind of agree with george clooney about the blow

i donno any quotes, maybe ill look em up later but i know that when like the beatles and the dead an dhsit started coming out public about using acid and how it completely changed the world basically

Kinda related, but if you wanna see a ton of drug confessions, read Scar tissue by Anthony Kiedis. The whole thing is basically one big drug confession(it's his autobiography, heh) Its hard to believe the dude is still walking around after all the shit he's apparently done...awesome book too.

**hAyzzZZ** said:
Nicole Richie:

ROFL! best one yet aahahaahaha

She took everything, including many, many penises. :D

Nicole Richie:

What does she mean was??? Shouldn't her quote read:

"I am a walking trash can - I eat anything that isn't food"

SonOF said:
She took everything, including many, many penises. :D

Sad thing is I bet she'd get all fucked up and suck many cocks. Can you say gang rape? Err it isn't rape f she's will is it? Gangbang? Thats gotta be right hmm?

goddamn sienna miller is sooooo hot. i'd shroom with her any time in the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld

Oh word I'd definately hit this
sienna-miller-1-sized.jpg

im still rolling on the floor laughing at keith richards snorting his father....