• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Celebrity/Famous Figures Drug Thread

jmtunc said:
Kinda related, but if you wanna see a ton of drug confessions, read Scar tissue by Anthony Kiedis. The whole thing is basically one big drug confession(it's his autobiography, heh) Its hard to believe the dude is still walking around after all the shit he's apparently done...awesome book too.

What that book needs is less drugs and more music... if motley crue can write and autobiography without making it entirely about fuckin up on drugs, Kiedis should have no problem.

drug_wench said:
im still rolling on the floor laughing at keith richards snorting his father....

I am not going to lie that freaks me out a bit! I had herd of this before but forgot about it.

No offense but if it wasn't made in some basement drug lab... don't think I want to snot it... especially if it used to have teeth! :D

^ his publicist came out saying that the whole snorting his father thing was "just a joke that went right over the reporters head" I dunno though... sounds like something he'd do to me.

Musician/Celeb drug preferences

Hey people. I 'm not sure if this type of past has been posted before me but I

hope not.

Basically what i'm tryna do is have everybodies knowledge to put togeter a

thread based off of any musician/Celebrity whethere they be mainstream/from

another country/or even have mild fame from any era. Dead or not.

Examples
Jimi Hendix - Heroin/ (perhaps the year he was born and when

he died. and a little bit about his use and stories)

Sid Vicious - Heroin/ (DOB, stories, date he passed away.

get what im trying to say?

8) If this thread hasn't been posted before then i'm good at pickin

I thought Jimi Hendrix died from some sort of sleeping pill as well. This is not the right forum for this sort of thread. I'm sure it's been done before. the search engine is fucking magic.

Hendrix loved his LSD too. Apocryphally, he was tripping when he played his famous guitar solo at Woodstock. I consider that the balancing element to the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (arguably the worst thing LSD ever gave the world). No, John, you are not the walrus, shut up and write some more happy pop crap, it's all you ever did well... sorry, my bias is showing.

Ken Kesey, author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, was also tripping most of the time while working on the novel.

wiggi said:
I thought Jimi Hendrix died from some sort of sleeping pill as well. This is not the right forum for this sort of thread. I'm sure it's been done before. the search engine is fucking magic.

jimi hendrix died of a mixture between secobarbital and alcohol if i remember correctly.

anyway, this thread seems kind of pointless to me because lots of musicians did lots of different kinds of drugs.

BodhiSvaha33 said:
Hendrix loved his LSD too.
No offense, but I'm sure everyone knows that. I heard Albert Hofmann enjoyed acid as well. Maybe that's just an urban legend.

Jimi Hendrix wasn't as big a fan of Psychedelic drugs as a lot of people think.

burn out said:
jimi hendrix died of a mixture between secobarbital and alcohol if i remember correctly.

anyway, this thread seems kind of pointless to me because lots of musicians did lots of different kinds of drugs.
I knew it was some kind of barb that killed him along with another drug, but couldn't remember exactly. It's a shame he died at the age of 25. RIP

the only reason i posted in OD because a lot a musicians have died from dope and

thats what this OD forum deals a lot with obiated, benzos, sleeping pills as well. I

figure if people know about those musicians/celebs who have died would know

maybe more about other motha fuckas hwo have died u know?

GenericMind said:
Jimi Hendrix wasn't as big a fan of Psychedelic drugs as a lot of people think.
Really? How do you know this. I'm just interested because I always thought he was really big on acid.

Hendrix is widely known for and associated with the use of hallucinogenic drugs, most notably LSD. A common opinion is that Jimi's use of LSD was integral in unlocking his creative process. He had never taken hallucinogens until the night he met Linda Keith, but likely experimented with other drugs in years prior.

^^ That's from Wikipedia.

makaveli777 said:
the only reason i posted in OD because a lot a musicians have died from dope and

thats what this OD forum deals a lot with obiated, benzos, sleeping pills as well. I

figure if people know about those musicians/celebs who have died would know

maybe more about other motha fuckas hwo have died u know?

No biggie, the Mods with just move the thread. OD deals with the drugs you mentioned, but it deals with the actual drugs. Drug Culture is where the social and cultural aspects of the drugs are discussed.

wiggi said:
Really? How do you know this. I'm just interested because I always thought he was really big on acid.

Hendrix is widely known for and associated with the use of hallucinogenic drugs, most notably LSD. A common opinion is that Jimi's use of LSD was integral in unlocking his creative process. He had never taken hallucinogens until the night he met Linda Keith, but likely experimented with other drugs in years prior.

^^ That's from Wikipedia.

I've seen countless documentaries on Hendrix and the scene. There's no doubt that Hendrix took LSD several times during his life, but relative to the other artists of the time who litterally lived off of the shit or whose work was forever influenced by it(The Dead, Jefferson Airplane, The Beatles, Syd in Floyd, Country Joe, Big Brother, etc.) he wasn't really into the drug scene. His showmanship, for the most part, was mostly contrived. All the crazy shit he did like lighting his guitar aflame wasn't spontaneous or drug-fueled, they were to get noticed.

And where are those higher authority mods when ya neeed em'

where the fuck is robin leech when ya need em

Here are two threads in DC that are about Celebrities and drugs. You may want to try bumping one of them.

One and Two

makaveli777 said:
by the way... the search engine sucks. it never comes up with what I want.

explain, it works fairly well for me although it could use more features.