• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread Version 2

VOTE: How far should Australia go on legalising cannabis?

It appears to be just a matter of time before cannabis is legalised in some form within Australia, but state legislators are now faced with the choice of how far they should go.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has come forward with his desire to legalise medical cannabis in his state, while the NSW government is presiding over a medical trial in which marijuana is given to seriously ill people, including children suffering severe epilepsy.

Mr Andrews said it was time to drag marijuana laws "into the 21st century".

"Parents shouldn't have to choose between breaking the law and watching their children suffer," he said.

"Children are in pain, families are suffering, people are living in fear and outdated laws are getting in the way."

Canberra's Calvary Hospital emergency department head David Caldicott has backed attempts to legalise medical cannabis, but senior doctors who back full legalisation are difficult to find, with doctors warning of the dangers of street marijuana.

December 19, 2014: New Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews is pushing ahead to legalise medicinal cannabis in the state, saying it is essential for some families.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has also endorsed the use of medical marijuana.

The NSW and Victorian governments have said there is no plan to completely legalise marijuana, as has taken place in the US state of Colorado.

Countries around the world have taken different stances on the criminal status of the plant.

In the US, Alaska, Oregon and Washington have completely legalised marijuana, following Colorado's lead.

Cannabis is also used for medical purposes in 18 US states.

The Netherlands, particularly its capital city Amsterdam, is famed the world over for a lenient stance on cannabis, but the drug is actually illegal in the country.

However, possession of small amounts is not prosecuted and marijauna is available for purchase in special coffee shops.

In Canada, medical marijuana is available to approved patients, who are also allowed to grow the plant.

Portugal in the early 2000s decriminalised cannabis, making possession and limited use a medical rather than a criminal matter.

People found with marijuana in the country can be forced to attend a clinic, rather than be prosecuted.

Vote at -

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-cannabis-legalisation-should-australia-adopt

Current vote is at -

2ih2ov9.png

Ive happened to come across some cannabis shatter. Best I can describe it is its the colour of toffee and almost a similar consistency, this particular one is called Harlequin CBD Shatter and its supposed to be high in CBD whatever that is. I dont know much about pot and don't smoke very often but I enjoy it

so I havnt got a vaporizer so is there any other way to smoke it, would a bong work? I did an internet search and everyone uses pen things or vaporizers.

Anyone got any advise please?

Thanks!

PS

Get a volcano. Shatter is best vaporized. You could mix a little with bud or whatever and smoke through a bong but not as effective vs vaporizing.

I got a dome and nail attachment for my bong for like 25 bucks online, I cheaped out and went for a quartz nail because I was already dropping a bunch of money on my glass on glass bong, if you want a titanium nail you should be able to get the attatchment for like 40 bucks, although you do need a GonG bong with ground glass joints for it to be compatible.

I have never smoked BHO/wax/shatter in a vape but I have smoked it in a joint, on a cone and with hot knives and neither of these methods is as good as dabbing. I doubt vaping really rivals dabbing because it seems to me on the West Coast USA where hash oil is really popular more people are dabbing it than vaping it. For those who do vape the oil pens seems to be more popular than volcano's and stuff, my guess is this is because there would be a lot of sticky resin build up inside the volcano bag which could potentially have a negative effect on the taste over time or cause the sides of the bag to stick together and render it ineffective for being filled with vapour.

Concentrates are where it is at, although I personally prefer to hit some nice full melt bubble hash there is no denying that oil is potent as fuck and very enjoyable. I recently made some oil with isopropyl instead of the usual butane and it came out really fucking nice, it was a lot darker than BHO tends to come out and probably had a little bit less kick, but it was WAY smoother and in my opinion much better tasting as well, overall much more enjoyable to smoke.

To be fair I usually would make BHO out of trim or flower and I made the QWISO by rinsing the mesh on my bubble bags out with the iso, so that could account for the better taste and smoothness. I am also not always the most thorough guy when it comes to purging BHO, but I didn't take any additional steps to purge the QWISO so in the scheme of things that should not matter for comparisons sake.

Last edited:
^ You are essentially correct, both methods are vaping the oil with a red hot piece of metal, there is a pretty fundamental difference though, that is hot knives are wasteful and dabbing isn't, so if it is my oil getting used I am busting out the dome and nail every time.

Granted if your technique with knives is down pat then it is less wasteful, but if your using something as strong as BHO and are planning on getting faded there is a pretty decent chance your technique isn't going to be perfect after a few even if you are quite an experienced spotter.

Last edited:
A digital volcano is like 700 bucks!

I've never come across shatter, but I'd love to try some someday.

http://rsoheals.com.au/2015/01/matter-vape-cannabis/

Seen them retail at $350-400 I guess depends where you look. There are models/brands of vaporizers as cheap as $150-200 that are worthwhile. Mind they tend to have shorter life spans vs Volcano etc.

As already stated hot knives work. Use as you would with hash but wasteful. Drug mentor has the best solution for a budget dabs. Vape pens are great as well. Of course making your own shatter is a worthwhile experience. ;)

Bubble hash! Now that is lovely stuff, well played drug mentor, we agree on something! :)

Good to see people getting into the concentrates and growing quality weed themselves! Lets hope the trend continues away from the chemical heavy commercial "buds" blurrggghhh (spew noise). Very occasional bit of pot is the only drug I will consume so not complete straity 180 but damn close, for me anyway. It's like a beer for me now. I have 1 beer maybe once a month, same with pot.

Last edited:
Yeah fair point about the price, the main online shop I buy my shit from sells them for that price is all. It's over the top. If I could get one for three fitty I probably would.

I'm pretty similar with being near straight these days, gave up alcohol and am in my 3rd month of not a drop. I dont do chems as I kept coming across shit and decided to stop bothering.

But I still do weed, but I changed myself there too, I got off the bongs after like 20 years of lung abuse and decided to take up full time vaping (mostly from reading on here about them) and it's been 13 months now of no bongs and no tobacco for me.

^ You are essentially correct, both methods are vaping the oil with a red hot piece of metal, there is a pretty fundamental difference though, that is hot knives are wasteful and dabbing isn't, so if it is my oil getting used I am busting out the dome and nail every time.

Granted if your technique with knives is down pat then it is less wasteful, but if your using something as strong as BHO and are planning on getting faded there is a pretty decent chance your technique isn't going to be perfect after a few even if you are quite an experienced spotter.
We used to.cut the bottom of a 1.2l coke bottle off and have someone put the hot knives with the hash up into it whilst the smoker held the bottle and inhaled. The waste was extremely minimal. This is how kiwis used to do it alot. It was kiwis that showed me this method. For some reason I always associated the taste with peas

I have three plants going at the moment. Approx 4 weeks old and stand about 6 inches. They are starting to get 4 finger leaves. I noticed that one of them has what is essentially a 3 fingered leaf but the largest centre finger of the leaf has actually grown as 2 fingers out of one much like a Siamese twin (if this makes sense) has anyone seen this before? Is this typical for a certain strain/s? Originally this a deformity due to lack of nutrients? The soil is an organic soil suited to vegetables and I have only just started using miracle grow at 1/4 of the recommended feeding dose on the packet. Will try and get a pic up

Off topic. This weather has been lovely for outdoor ladies. :)

Not long now untill they start flowering =D

Anyone else have anything going outdoors this season?

I have three plants going at the moment. Approx 4 weeks old and stand about 6 inches. They are starting to get 4 finger leaves. I noticed that one of them has what is essentially a 3 fingered leaf but the largest centre finger of the leaf has actually grown as 2 fingers out of one much like a Siamese twin (if this makes sense) has anyone seen this before? Is this typical for a certain strain/s? Originally this a deformity due to lack of nutrients? The soil is an organic soil suited to vegetables and I have only just started using miracle grow at 1/4 of the recommended feeding dose on the packet. Will try and get a pic up

http://imgur.com/Cd7aAeH
The leaf on the right as you can see looks like the centre finger has split but it's actually 2 fingers conjoined like conjoined twins. I'm interested to hear if anyone knows of this

Hey Oldred3s.

I wouldn't worry about that man. Ive found that happens due to either pot size being too small(if grown in pots) or maturity. As they grow bigger they will probabaly out grow with 5-7 finger leaves.

Looking healthy too. How often do you water?

We have had quite a wet patch with the weather the last week so they have had plenty. I usually water only twice a week because the soil holds moisture quite well. The pot that little fella us in is a 290ml so.I won't need to transplant it for quite a while. This is my first grow in about 10 years. Need to get the other 2 onto bigger pots asap

Has anyone personally had any experience with overcoming marijuana induced panic attacks?

I used to be a daily smoker, smoked basically everyday for nearly 5 years, over the last year of smoking i was getting all sorts of little anxiety side effects (didn't realize at the time it was anxiety) until one day i smoked some really strong hash, and ended up having an extreme panic attack.

At the time i had no idea what was going on and being alone i thought i was having the whole heart attack stroke and ended up calling an ambulance lol.

So anyway, i stopped smoking for a couple of weeks, then tried to smoke a joint again, and had another panic attack.

Fast forward 4 & a half years and i have not smoked any marijuana since, but i'm starting to really get keen to try it again.

Now, iv'e avoided it all these years fearing i would have a panic attack, so i know the first time i try it again it likely to happen again as i just can't get the thought out of my head, no matter how hard i try.

I was thinking if i maybe took some Xanax before hand it may help me not to freak out, but what i wanted to know is.

Has anyone actually had a similar experience and was able to shake the panic attacks off, and actually enjoy the experience. If so how did you go about it? Or am i just fighting an uphill battle here and really won't be able to enjoy it ever again.