Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread Version 2

drug_mentor

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys, for some reason the guy who created the last thread kept deleting it and didn't feel inclined to offer me any explanation why, rather than continually restore that one I figured it was close enough to 1000 posts so I have closed that and here is the new one. You can find the old thread here.

This thread is basically for the discussion of anything to do with cannabis and the cannabis market in Australia from use to cultivation etc.

Heh, I'll ask my question again then.

Anyone have any experience with the Extreme Q by Arizer?

Curious as to what attachments I need/should get with it.

My crappy box vape hit the floor about a week ago, sort of glad because now it's time for something new and improved.

Been using an old skool springer lately :/

I've got one, the attachments that came with mine were 2 bags and the tube and the glass cone like thing and gauze and remote, all I needed, don't use it much as I don't get much weed, but the times I've used it its been good.

Hey Cap'n,

The extreme q is a nice a vape and ideal if you want both the bag and whip attachment. The bags fill slower than a volcano and you need to hold your finger over the end to stop the vapor escaping. The taste is just as good as the volcano though. The whip attachment is my favourite, and although the vapor to air ratio is a lot lower than some whip only vapes, the taste is still VERY good and the unit fairly effecient with herb.

The good thing is if you are trying to conserve herb, you can pack weed into the whips elbow and get huge, milky hits off very small amounts of herb.

Definitely the best vape on the market that has bags and whips. I love that you can use the whip with the fans on and cram your lungs full of vapor. The 4.0 has new fans which are pretty quiet, now that's a blessing since the other ones were so loud you couldn't vape in front of the TV.

I have a volcano, an SSV, an extreme Q and just ordered the cloud (for which I can't wait!). The SSV is my favourite but the extreme Q is the most functional and certainly the moist effecient. If I could only have one vape, its have to be the extreme.

whats the smallest amount of bud i can use to try and make canna butter? googling around mostly shows 1oz recipes. would 1/4 or even 1/8 be enough to mess around with. i dont want to blow a ton of cash on something i may fuck up or may not even like.

i want enough to make about 6 "standard" strength cookies or cakes. to have enough for 2 people to try 2 or 3 times. low dose of half a cookie first time to try out, then enough for us to get properly backed twice more.

find an anzac biscuit recipe and put your ganja into that. making butter is just an extra process that ime is not necessary. add the ganja to the butter/wet anzac ingredients and itll be fine.

if you have a recipe and you are planning on using a 1/4 the amount of ganja suggested simply use a 1/4 of the other ingredients listed. scale.

Hey Cap'n,

The extreme q is a nice a vape and ideal if you want both the bag and whip attachment. The bags fill slower than a volcano and you need to hold your finger over the end to stop the vapor escaping. The taste is just as good as the volcano though. The whip attachment is my favourite, and although the vapor to air ratio is a lot lower than some whip only vapes, the taste is still VERY good and the unit fairly effecient with herb.

The good thing is if you are trying to conserve herb, you can pack weed into the whips elbow and get huge, milky hits off very small amounts of herb.

Definitely the best vape on the market that has bags and whips. I love that you can use the whip with the fans on and cram your lungs full of vapor. The 4.0 has new fans which are pretty quiet, now that's a blessing since the other ones were so loud you couldn't vape in front of the TV.

I have a volcano, an SSV, an extreme Q and just ordered the cloud (for which I can't wait!). The SSV is my favourite but the extreme Q is the most functional and certainly the moist effecient. If I could only have one vape, its have to be the extreme.

Thanks for the reply, should be in my hands Tuesday. Let yas know how it goes.

Got the extra elbow extension too.

Just to jump in with my completely contrary opinion-

I fucking hate vapes! I've mainly used a VapourDaddy (as I own one), but I've also used volcanos and a couple of flasher/more expensive vapes that others bought and to be brutally honest...I've been disappointed every time.

I disagree about it saving weed- I mean, sure, you probably do vape all the THC very efficiently...but you actually want more that that, you're looking for that perfect mixture of THC:CBD plus varying amounts of all sorts of other psychoactive goodies. By only smoking the THC you're getting a very 'selective' and in my opinion incomplete high. I know I've been doing it right, I know that it pays to hold it in extra long (as it's 100% 'the good stuff') blah blah...it just kinda sucks.

Once me and my ex smoked a vape for 2 hours while watching cartoons and both of us agreed that we got higher off the big spliff we smoked after the vape got too hot & we turned it off.

And I wanted it to work so bad...my lungs woulda been SO chuffed with me.

Hi mate,

You Would have been using the vapes on far to low a temperature if you're only vaping thc. Good vapes like some of the ones you've used are capable of extracting all the canbabinoids.

The vape high is a bit different than smoking though for sure The smoke plays a large factor in the high. I'd say that's what you're experiencing. Quite a few people say the same thing about vapes!

I love the vape high obviously.!

Unless you're using a log vape or something I wouldn't say vapes use less herb at all. Sure if you vape at a low to medium temp you can make edibles and hash out of the abv but you need quite a lot. I do think they help you get the most out of the herb for this reason Though.

i only use a vape now, and every bong i do just makes me wish i had my vape with me. Id vape about 1/2 as much as id smoke in a joint easy and get far more high from vaping. If anything vaping is super super dependant on weed quality and plenty of people never get past the instant bong hit feel. Shit weed will vape terribly. Get about 2 good hits, then 5 or 6 shitty ones, and the slow onset high will be underwhelming. In comparison good weed will get about 10 huge hits and 10 smaller ones for me and one packed chamber should completely buckle just about anyone. The best thing about the extreme Q is that it blows the air into your mouth, so retarded friends dont set the bowl on fire every 10 seconds ruining all the filters. I definately prefer a dedicated whip vape for personal use but.

^ your views on vaping are similar to mine.

It took a bit of getting used to, but after a week I was very happy I tolerated with it.

I had a shitty box one too. Eventually it got me more stoned than joints/bongs, it's was just all about technique. Got me completely off tobacco for 6 months too. But then life kicked in, and stress levels become uncontrollable, and so on....

I'm back smoking bongs with spin atm, but with a new investment this will all change.

I've done it once, I'll do it again.

Last edited:
Hey Guys.
I would not recomend Atmos Rew hand held vapouriser and i would recomend the pax vapouriser.
Arizer Extreme Q is amazing.
Also Would Anyone Know Weather It Is Good To Place Hydro Plants In Natural Sunlight For Small Amounts Of Time ???

Hey guys, please let me know if I'm out of line with any of my questions here, first time in this (or any other cannabis) thread.

I started a grow on some bagseed indoors under 96w of CFL. They sprouted and looked healthy but then, due to unforeseen circumstances, I was forced to destroy the plants. It is no longer viable for me to grow indoors however I was wondering if anyone here has experience with growing outdoors during the Australian winter? I am currently germinating 2 seeds and am going to attempt to sprout them using only natural light. Should I get one of those wind protectors that go around small plants in re-vegetated areas for the first few weeks? Should I grow in a pot or in the earth? How will the vegging and flowering cycle be affected by the winter sowing? This is all in the name of experimentation so far and I have little to no hope for these seeds.

Cheers guys!

In Adelaide? I wouldn't bother. Even in sunny Qld winter growth is slow. You won't have much to show planting now compared to waiting another 2-3 months. As soon as the warm Spring temperatures hit things will explode

Even in sunny Qld winter growth is slow. You won't have much to show planting now compared to waiting another 2-3 months. As soon as the warm Spring temperatures hit things will explode

It doesnt fee like winter the last several days here in nsw. 29 degrees or so, im sunburnt and loving it.

Last edited:
It doesnt fee like winter the last several days here in nsw. 29 degrees or so, im sunburnt and loving it.

Plants are often smarter than that and their growth is also regulated by the angle of the sun in the sky. It prevents them from prematurely blowing their load during an unseasonal warm spell in winter.

If you where to start some beans in nsw now I don't think you would have problems with early flower. Keep in mind there going to take at least 4 weeks to show sex after sprouting. I'm planning to put a few beans into some cups within the next week or two for the summer.

Also if your plants are blowing their load then your growing males. Even if your females do flower early, in time they will just revegetate.