• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread Version 2

Grow lights. Are LED lights any good? I was thinking about growing medical marijuana and worried about cost and heat issues (also living in a small one bedroom apt). There doesn't seem to be much info I can find on having good results with led lights. What are some of the color spectrums I should look for in LED grow lights, and should I be looking at only full spectrum LED lights as well? I don't have much to spend. I'll have a little bit to spend when my income tax comes in. But I can't buy these high priced ones. Has any one had a lot of success with LED's and if so, what are some rec. for low to mid priced names and color spectrums of good LED grow lights? I am not growing much. Just starting out with one plant to learn. Then maybe building up to 2-4 maybe up to 6 depending on the sucess and how much yeild I will/would get. I am a beginer at growing. This will be my first time ever growing anything. Any and all advice will help.

without goin into detail, I've heard though a few very seasoned grower (decades of experience) that LEDS are the way of the future.. just gotta get a good brand

I personally would bother if I knew more about it.. deff. worth looking into mate

at the end of the day, you pretty much get what you pay for with LEDS

What are good brand name? Also what color spectrum do I need? Is there a certain wattage I should be looking for as well? The higher the better? I was thinking about a 300 to 450 watts.

Oh well there you go, I shouldnt have commented as I dont really have a clue (obviously) - all the info you need would be out there on google though -

Here's a quote I just came across, but I wont link it as it has prices from a store -

Indoor Plant Lights

LED grow light is the absolute best choice for growing plants indoors. They offer the highest lumen to provide sufficient amounts of light to plants. The best LED grow light for growing plants are 300w LED grow light and 600w led grow light

HID lamps are generally not very energy efficient like LED grow light. They burn at a higher temperature than LED grow light - making grow rooms hot.

just google things like "led lighting for hydroponic growing"

Monster36, I am by no means an accomplished indoor grower but I do have a pretty decent interest in all forms of cannabis growing and spend a fairly hefty amount of time reading on the subject. I would say from the reading I have done there are a lot of differing opinions out there on LED versus HID lights, but overall there seems to be more people running decent sized operations who would opt for HID lighting over LED lighting.

Personally if I were a newbie looking to construct their first indoor grow room I would buy HID lighting over LED lighting every single time, every grower and hydroponic store employee I have spoken to on the subject advises me of the same thing, considering the latter generally make more money by selling LED's that has to say something. I also know a guy who has a number of years experience growing indoors, for a while he was running two grow rooms, one with HID the other with LED, he has stopped running the LED room as it could not compete with the results he was getting under HID and is now looking to convert the second room to HID lights.

I think LED's are okay for experienced growers who have the extra money to spend and want to play around with something new, but for someone inexperienced with limited funds who wants to start producing enough weed for themselves to stop relying on the black market HID is the way to go.

In regards to the wattage it really depends on how much cannabis you intend to produce, I am not sure about LED lighting but for HID lighting one would generally expect a competent grower who is not growing a strain known to be a poor yielder to be pulling half a gram per watt or so. It would be considered a very good result to be pulling around a gram per watt without a very long veg period or using commercial large producing strains that are generally considered to be of inferior quality.

Last edited:
I always though HPS was the shit, I used it a few times with a f+d set up in a caravan, worked well. I guess 1000 wats uses a fair bit of leccy tho. That warm yellow light was mad.

I always though HPS was the shit, I used it a few times with a f+d set up in a caravan, worked well. I guess 1000 wats uses a fair bit of leccy tho. That warm yellow light was mad.

it is the shit if your babies are in 50L pots goin straight to waste with atleast 1.4m2 of room minimum (ventalation helps as does the water temp within the reservoir)

ironically I have never grown hydro in my life 8(

one day for personal use of course mr police man

Thanks drug mentor that was good info you gave me. I think I will go his lights. Just trying to figure out exhaust out my one bedroom apt. bedroom window.

Embedding was only ever activated in certain sub forums; to my knowledge, AusDD was never one of them.

I think there were a number of considerations, though I'm not privy to what the admins ended up implementing embed-wise.
But the original discussion seems to have taken place here.
Loading time, bandwidth, relevance - may have all been considerations in allowing/not allowing embeds in certain subforums.

I don't know about the reasons behind the decisions that were made in the end - it may or may not have been discussed on the public (as opposed to staff) forums.
You could always ask in Support or something if you want to query it?

Mark McGowan for premier.. not that his stance on medical cannabis (which is a huge [and risky, to some degree] step forward which will still likely, never happen) has much to do with it, but we gotta get that pig of a cunt out of power.. (you know, Buswell's best mate)

thank fuck old mate Rob Johnson is outta the scene.. I dont follow politics much, if at all, but I do take note on what changes these cockroaches have made and I dont agree with nearly all of it.. it could just be what the media chooses to release via radio, ect. but it seems McGowan just needs to stop bashing the opposition and actually promote positive changes which he has planned, such as his stance on introducing medicinal cannabis to WA for chronic and terminally ill patients....

I honestly think McGowen will win the next election n I hope to fuck he does

I think there were a number of considerations, though I'm not privy to what the admins ended up implementing embed-wise.
But the original discussion seems to have taken place here.
Loading time, bandwidth, relevance - may have all been considerations in allowing/not allowing embeds in certain subforums.

I don't know about the reasons behind the decisions that were made in the end - it may or may not have been discussed on the public (as opposed to staff) forums.
You could always ask in Support or something if you want to query it?

Cool, thanks for the reply. Yeah fair enough, if they dont wont it here then so be it :) No bid deal, just looks cooler when they are embedded I rekon. I have slow broadband and they load pretty quick for me.

Can anyone suggest a manual for outdoor growing I have about 25 3 week old seedlings that I've just transplanted into bigger pots I know most of the planting side of it ive just never grown outdoors

^ sun, water and high nitrogen fertiliser during the grow phase - switch to a fertiliser for flowering plants when they bud - and then no fertiliser/little water for two weeks b4 harvest.

it's hard to fuck up with pot. your biggest hazard are pigs, neighbours and "mates".

So at the end of the year, a trial in NSW of medical marijuana, which will be interesting.