• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Abortion Thread

The best thing you can do for someone is offer them your support. Say cheerful positive things to keep their mood light, such as:
  • "Holy shit! You're gonna die!"
  • "You took wayyyyy too much man!"
  • "Why're you chewing on your arm?"
  • "Good thing you only have 12 more hours of this, huh?"

"I think I sold your spleen to an Ox."

usually if your truly in a bad trip its there till the drugs wear off, i tend to think that if you keep in mind that your under the influence and that the state your in is subject to change, you can redirect the course of a trip, but its all up to the person

The only time you should end a trip imo is if they are in a position to cause themselves or others physical harm. A bad trip can be rough, but you're better off riding it out than taking an anti-psychotic which will take away most of the psychedelic effects and make you feel like shit. If shit gets to intense a benzo might be useful, but I always try and work myself out of a jam before even considering a benzo as an option (I've actually never used a benzo to calm myself down on trip, managed to just ride it out.)

Ive heard milk for shrooms. Uhhh...im not sure if you consider this tripping but one of my friends told me that if you boil some tea into a bag, and just inhale it again and again. Dont suffocate, but that supposdely gets rid of Ex. Supposedly it helps get the mdma out of your system but im not sure i havnt tried it. Ive done shrooms of over 10 times, and salvia 4, LSD once, but ive never had a bad trip, thank god. So ive never tried to get rid of any, but thats what i hear

I have had several bad trips, lucky for me, during one my friend who is an RN gave me Benydryl.
Within fifteen I felt like I was not going to die, in twenty I was in a peaceful slumber and when I awoke, all bad trippyness was gone.

I took benadryl at the end of an lsd trip and it just made me have a terrible body load. I "felt" tired, but couldn't sleep and was still tripping and I didn't like it. That happens to me a lot anyways with benadryl, body load and unable to sleep, so it's probably just me.

If it's just a difficult experience and the guy's not trying to hurt himself or anyone else, I would have to suggest riding it out.

Bad trips can be the best trips, the most rewarding.

Antipsychotics work on a lot of drugs, although you should do some research before giving them to people because they can be disasterous mixed with some drugs (DXM + Seroquel is one example). I've only ever used them once, when I was a fairly novice tripper and on a rather high dose of DOM, my friend gave me Geodon to calm down, and it worked wonders.

I wouldn't recomend taking benadryl while having a bad trip, it could make you pass out, but it wouldn't end the trip and would in all likelyness make it stronger. It might work for some, but giving it to someone who was freaking out would be playing with fire in my opinion.

There are ways to chill out trips that don't require prescriptions, the person in question could take Holy Basil, Kava Kava (booze would work just as well if not better, and this one would probably dull if not end the trip, similar to benzos)or L-Theanine to try and relax them. Opiates wouldn't end a trip, but they could turn a bad trip into a good one.

Last edited:
ive read that risperidone works. havent tried it yet although a friend has a shit load of them so i will at some point.

i only ever use acid as im not big on shrooms anymore. anyone know if it would work for acid?

i recieved a large dose of thorazine while on a DO compound and when i woke up a day and half later i wsaa still mystified by the original substance

I took .5mgs of Xanax on the tail end of a strong LSD trip. It stopped my trip almost immediately. It was a god send because I was having a really difficult trip.

don't drug your friends. not with anti-psychotics.. also, your definition of a bad trip might be a very useful journey into their subcontious. i know things can get out of hand.. if and only if you thought someone was in danger, or was pleading for help would i be okay to give them a xanax or something similar. i think that ending a trip abruptly could be bad in the long term. tripping is good right? because we see things in new ways and learn stuff about our thought patterns. taking anti-psychotics when faced with something uncomfortable seems wrong to me.

the best way to help someone having a bad trip, as in their not comfortable with it, is to show them that you care for them and try to help them feel safe. be gentle, be kind.. and when the time is right, help them laugh a little bit. there's no shame in having uncomfortable thoughts while tripping or being alive.. learning to laugh at life and not take yourself seriously is an important lesson to learn.

now, if by bad trip you mean penis in one hand knife in the other hysterically laughing at someone that looks scared.. er.. fuck em? that's not fair but drugging someone that's seriously out of control.. that's heavy.. might as well sit on em for a few hours.

i guess i just get this visual of a mother hen type.. anxious and judgmental, ready to dole out anti-psychotics to the "crazies".. no thanks.

benzos benzos benzos. They vary in effectiveness (as with varying psychs) but it is the only way I know to end a trip without taking a nightmarish antipsychotic.

I'd say this is one of the causes of a bad trip.. People's inability to not be in complete control of their mind for many hours, if you're worried about tripping too long, maybe you shouldn't trip? Your choice, but you could be in complete and totall bliss while tripping and never want it to end! you never know until you try it... Happy Trippings :D