• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Abortion Thread

You can't "end" a trip, the drug has to run its course in your body. Usually, people take benzos and say that they're "ending a trip", but really they're heavily sedating themselves to the point of falling asleep. Same with antipsychotics, they just slam your brain into a jellified state so you don't notice the trip compared to being zombified.

Always know the time course of a drug you are going to be taking. Ignorance is not an excuse.

I always keep benzos around during a trip, especially LSD. I've been getting much better at catching bad thoughts and putting them to rest before they start looping. If it seems to be getting out of control I take some benzo and can bring me back to a calm where I can enjoy the trip. If you get in too deep a benzo may not help, aside from trying to induce sleep.

A friend of mine was hit square in the balls by a disk golf disk from long range during his first acid trip. Needless to say, things immediately took a turn for the worse. This was at Bonnaroo a couple of years ago, so we were miles from our tent and in a crowd of many thousands of people. The guys who hit him gave him a joint as a peace offering, which helped a little.

Retrospectively, I have learned a lot about myself through the ego death or fear caused by bad trips. The fear tends to stem from entering new mindsets and perspectives that are foreign to you. It is these new experiences that can be used as a tool for personal growth.

You can't "end" a trip, the drug has to run its course in your body. Usually, people take benzos and say that they're "ending a trip", but really they're heavily sedating themselves to the point of falling asleep. Same with antipsychotics, they just slam your brain into a jellified state so you don't notice the trip compared to being zombified.

Always know the time course of a drug you are going to be taking. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Jellied?

don't antipsychotics re-regulate the serotonin available to the drug, decreasing the concentration of said substance in the nerve clefts?

and don't benzodiazepines compete with the hallucinogen for re-uptake in target receptors, allowing the hallucinogen to be metabolised, without running its course of psychotropic effects?

I'm really curious now 8o

Most antipsychotics I know of are dopamine antagonists, but then I've only ever taken seroquel (great sleep aid at 25-50mg, HORRIBLE dysphoric nightmare above 100mg, which is usually the prescribed dose).

Benzos increase the activity of GABA, which is a universal inhibitory neurotransmitter (it slows everything down). Since the trip is mostly the result of overactive neurons, it works quite well.

I'm very curious about Ativan (lorazepam). I've heard several times that it can make trips more intense, or potentiate ketamine in a radically different way than most benzos. I've never had it myself, but has anyone else tried combining it with anything?

You´re joking, right?

No.

That is probably what you'd get if you went to the hospital.

Ipecac and activated charcoal.

It works great.

Normally ends any drugs you have ingested within an hour or so.

^lol

After the drugs have absorbed into your body (look at peak concentration levels for the drug), AC or any sort of anti-emetic won't do shit besides make your ass sick.

Also you don't want to combine AC and ipecac because they will actually interact with one another causing them to be less efficient in a case when you are actually poisoned.

Last edited:
Please don't eat charcoal anyone, much less force it down someone's throat as they are tripping balls. Bad idea for so many reasons...

(I realize you're not talking about brickettes, but seriously...)

Benzos are the only consistently effective and pleasant way to end a trip early. That being said, sometimes the tail end of a difficult journey is the most important part. It always helps to integrate your experience and try to learn from it.

Also you don't want to combine AC and ipecac because they will actually interact with one another causing them to be less efficient in a case when you are actually poisoned.

Right, never use them at the same time!

Please don't eat charcoal anyone, much less force it down someone's throat as they are tripping balls. Bad idea for so many reasons...

This is actually the best way to get chemicals out of the body beside pumping the stomach.

Medical professional recommend activated charcoal for poisoning and overdose.

^I've never heard of hospitals giving someone AC or Ipecac when they went to the hospital after freaking out. In all the cases i've heard of they were either given benzos or anti-psychotics.

It is a great choice while the drugs/poisons are in your stomach or intestines (depending on where/how they are absorbed). However, after the drugs have been absorbed there isn't anything AC or any sort of anti-emetic can do to help you. Drugs don't just sit in your stomach till your done with them Depending on the make up of the chemical, you know, whether they are basic, acidic, lipophilic, or hydrophilic, the drug may be already absorbed with in an hour. Some drugs take longer, some don't take hardly any time at all.

They give anti-psychotics because it is theorized/shown that the common psychedelics in circulation are 5-ht2a receptors agonists, while anti-psychotics are antagonists, so they block the effects of the drug at the receptor. However, they don't act on all of the receptors that the psychedelics are interacting with, so you still will have effects from the drug, and a lot of the time they become unpleasant.

Benzos I'd say are the best choice as they will just calm you down and allow you to relax. They don't completely rid you off effects but they make them more bearable depending on the severity of the situation

Last edited:
my friend ate too many painkillers and was given activated charcoal

the three books on poisonous substances i have sitting in front of me all suggest activated charcoal

How dense are you? How do you not understand that once a drug is out of the stomach or intestines they are in the body acting on receptors. Activated charcoal absorbs the drug and allows it to be released from the body rather than absorbed. The AC doesn't go into you brain or peripheral body and grab the drugs, it gets passed through your digestive tract.

The problem here isn't toxicity, its overstimulation. By the time more psychedelics have taken effect they are out of the stomach and into the bloodstream, at which point charcoal is useless.

If you get scared, smoke dmt. Most scaryness occurs because you have landed in a loop. Smoking dmt will bring you out of the loop, and bring you into some awesomely absurd dimensions. Our minds want newness, and the magic that comes with it. Give your mind what it wants... don't let it fall into another circle.

I actually think nitrous is better for breaking thought loops. Giving a person DMT risks them freaking out even more. Nitrous is just gonna destroy them but it will wipe away their anxiety along with their ego for a minute. When they emerge they will have likely forgotten about what was causing the loop.

Last edited:
while this may be the case with LSD and RCs.... activied charcoal would likely be effective when used for things like ayahuasca or cactus (natural drugs) because they remain in the stomach and intestines for some time

The plant material might sit around but most of the actives are probably absorbed pretty quickly out of a liquid infusion like ayahuasca or cactus tea.

If your tripping hard enough to have a bad trip then it is probably too late for activated charcoal no matter what you took.

^Thats right things absorb quicker than you think. He just has no idea how things work so he just spurts out whatever comes to his mind(almost always having something to do with RC's vs naturals). Just admit your wrong and your giving people terrible advice. I would hate to see the poor soul whos freaking out and reads that post then takes AC. All that would happen is he would still be freaking out while vomiting all over himself.