• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Abortion Thread

Valium

Even if you dont have enough to put you to sleep it's hypnotic effect will dampen the visuals considerably

Also its almost impossible to be stressed out when on valium, its switched unmanageable trips off for me several times

obviously make sure you know what drugs can be mixed with valium. Acid/shrooms/2Cx are fine.

no
even if you abort, you still tripped, and you used a method outside yourself to stop you from thinking more. That has an impact that will project for a while on your psyche

Good point, it took me a good man years of taking LSD befor i had a bad trip and it was a dose a fair bit lower then what i would have normally taken but they werent the same after untill i took a long beak, i've seen it happen to a few experienced user when the set and setting didnt agree with them.

The key is to embrace the trip. You got to talk them through it. Also don't tell anyone there going to have a bad trip right before they trip. Try to be encouraging.

You can take anti-psychotics and they will end it. You could also lessen it by taking benzos.

Short and simple answer I totally agree with.

To elaborate: there are other GABAergic drugs other than benzos but many have side-effects, some are too weak to suppress a trip, others have significant risk of overdosing and/or amnesia.

Benzos can also cause retrograde amnesia if you take a couple to many trying to stop your trip. I think tripping messes with memory-formation as well making you more prone to the amnestic effect.

Seroquel (Quetiapine fumarate): an anti-psychotic AND one of the most powerful sedatives known to man.

If you get scared, smoke dmt. Most scaryness occurs because you have landed in a loop. Smoking dmt will bring you out of the loop, and bring you into some awesomely absurd dimensions. Our minds want newness, and the magic that comes with it. Give your mind what it wants... don't let it fall into another circle.

Sometimes its probably better to accept a trip... maybe add to it a little bit. color the picture..... than it is to abort the trip.

But yeah from what I hear... benzos should do the trick. Never done them myself... I generally just lay down... get real scared and wait for the morning... Either that or I go out on my own a way from everyone on crazy ridiculous journeys. mostly due to paranoia of people out to get me... but at least I find spots to be alone... this can be dangerous though... generally no one hurts me when I'm out alone... strange... watch out, stay safe indoors... the world can be scary and unpredictable.

By the way unsureofname next time a friend is going on a journey wish them positivity rather than thinking they are gonna hit a bad trip. Generally if you feel they will have a good trip, then your vibes are more likely to help them have a good experience. Wish them a happy experience...

If they are going into the experience because they are depressed... tell them not too. Tell them to smoke lots of opium or to get phased on a dissociative. Only experienced users should go into a trip dealing with depression. It can help clear things up sometimes... it does for me and provides me with a positive outlook on the things I find depressing. I am able to realize their place.

Set and setting is big... part part of the research is exploring different set and settings. Just watch which ones you start with. Start with the more predictable ones. Safe clean places...

Enjoy. Be safe.

a simple "are you ok?" can make a bad trip worse when the answer is "i don't know".

this is very very true this and other normal questions like how u feeling? can really mess with the man's head while having a bad trip

strong anti-psychotics and benzos can be use to "end trips" or at least diminish their effects.

Explain what you mean by bad trip, negative thoughts are irrelevant IMO unless there is the possibility of physical harm. Negetive thoughts and emotions reflect on changes that one needs to make to better themselves as a person.

if you start out their trip by telling them they well have a bad trip, they probably will.

I tried with Ambien on LSA. Worked but not really. I just had bad dreams.
As stated, anti-psychotics seems to be the only option.
I have taken a put up random post it notes to remind myself.
"You're High. It's temporary."
Also having a sober person around to tell you it's ok is the best option.

i am generally the one that watches the people while they trip. i have watched people on mushrooms and LSD. a few of the times i felt the person was in for a bad trip but i couldn't convince them out of taking it. a few hours into taking it they did have a bad trip and all i could do was talk to them and wait till it was over. I think I'm going to have to watch another in the same situation soon. i was curious if there were any ways to end or ease a trip. i hear you can drink milk for mushrooms, but i don't know how much... and what if they wont drink it because of taste of lactose intolerance? i also hear seroquil helps but i also read it is dangerous to use with Psychedelics. any help would be appreciated.
thanks.
The best thing you can do for someone is offer them your support. Say cheerful positive things to keep their mood light, such as:
  • "Holy shit! You're gonna die!"
  • "You took wayyyyy too much man!"
  • "Why're you chewing on your arm?"
  • "Good thing you only have 12 more hours of this, huh?"

ive never taken anything to reduce the strength of any trip. if anything, ill just smoke some bud thinking itll calm me down even though it may confuse me, or ill just wait it out. just wait till its day again. mmm, a new sober day.

I have had several bad trips, lucky for me, during one my friend who is an RN gave me Benydryl.
Within fifteen I felt like I was not going to die, in twenty I was in a peaceful slumber and when I awoke, all bad trippyness was gone.
A benzo under the tounge is also a good choice.

I'd just take Ipecac syrup, puke up everything and then ingest some activated charcoal if I was tripping way too hard.

Short and simple answer I totally agree with.

To elaborate: there are other GABAergic drugs other than benzos but many have side-effects, some are too weak to suppress a trip, others have significant risk of overdosing and/or amnesia.

Benzos can also cause retrograde amnesia if you take a couple to many trying to stop your trip. I think tripping messes with memory-formation as well making you more prone to the amnestic effect.

Wait I thought that taking an anti-depressant can stop a trip? Maybe it was specifically LSD?