• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Abortion Thread

I had one friend out of all the trips in my lifetime lose his shit big time. At the time I was unaware of all the RC psychedelics but I new that it was not LSD. He kicked open to door to the house of a friend of a friend where we were going to stay(we were 16) and hit his girlfriend in the face. He was stuck in a thought loop and kept saying.."It's all good" over and over for like 4 hours. To make it worse I was tripping hard in a negative way and could barely keep my self in check. Getting a person in that state to take benzo's/opiates/talk to him is not an option. You can either call an ambulance(which I would not do unless someone is in physical danger) or keep them inside and pray for the comedown. He woke up with no memory of what happened and I was so glad. It is so hard to be in that situation when none of the normal ways to help work.

That is so true ^ definitely one of the closest encounters to unguided projectiles 8(

Just wanted to chime in a related experience.

Seroquel is a anti-psychotic available down here in peru OTC for about $5 a pill. Quite expensive. But somebody I know had been taking them regularly for a real harsh depression. Anyway her friend was doing Mescaline from cacti, and took one of the pills and found it nearly completely halted the effects. Appears to be quite a powerful pill.

The account is quite verifiable although 3rd hand.

Over The Counter Trip Abortion Methods / Dampeners

Hello!

Ya'll here seem to be talkin about prescription drugs, which is too boggling. I am trying to find advice on something over the counter that will lessen a bad trip. Not necessarily abort it altogether, but it's there in case you start to lose your head.

I have heard that niacin will abort a mescaline trip. Is this just over the counter niacin?

What about taking GABA? I take GABA to help me sleep and it usually makes me feel numb and weak in the muscles, as GABA inhibits neurotransmission of.... I'm not sure what. It does have an inhibitory effect on something that effects muscles. I'm looking for someone to confirm that GABA will in fact lessen the effects of a psychological trip without bad effects. Thanks.

I don't think you'll be able to get anything OTC (at least not in the US) that is strong enough to counter act a trip.

I doubt GABA will do anything to you if your are really bugging hard or having a panic attack.

Yeah if your really losing it otc meds won't even make dent in the intensity of the trip. If your in another country besides the US though you might have more opitions.

I'm of the opinion that you should never have to terminate a trip. Sure, we all have bad experiences once in a while, sometimes some pretty crushing issues arise or all hell breaks loose, but it's never the end of the world.

I have trouble seeing chemical trip abortion as anything but a coward's way out.

I'm of the opinion that you should never have to terminate a trip. Sure, we all have bad experiences once in a while, sometimes some pretty crushing issues arise or all hell breaks loose, but it's never the end of the world.

I have trouble seeing chemical trip abortion as anything but a coward's way out.

Heh heh heh.... well, my concern is safety. I have actually never taken any psychedelics and I don't know how I would respond. I have read reports of people losing their minds entirely (temporarily), to the point where they're screaming and flailing and incoherent, delirious, sometimes to a point where they forget who they are altogether! If it comes to a point where I am screaming, that's not something I would want to do in any public place for fear of getting found out. And if it comes to a point where I forget the entire universe, at that point a person is capable of ANYTHING. Hopefully one would have enough sense to abort a trip before forgetting what a trip is. I think it's kind of reckless not to have an abortion method nearby if necessary.

I think my method of choice would be clonazepam. It's fairly accessible and I heard it works well.

can you end trips?

i am generally the one that watches the people while they trip. i have watched people on mushrooms and LSD. a few of the times i felt the person was in for a bad trip but i couldn't convince them out of taking it. a few hours into taking it they did have a bad trip and all i could do was talk to them and wait till it was over. I think I'm going to have to watch another in the same situation soon. i was curious if there were any ways to end or ease a trip. i hear you can drink milk for mushrooms, but i don't know how much... and what if they wont drink it because of taste of lactose intolerance? i also hear seroquil helps but i also read it is dangerous to use with Psychedelics. any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

no way to end it unless you were sedated enough to sleep. youd proably still have a crazy experience at that point with the dreams you would probably have.

You can take anti-psychotics and they will end it. You could also lessen it by taking benzos.

Milk won't do a thing. Well, I guess if they really believed it did, it could work as a placebo.

Benzos are probably your best bet, just to take thing down a few notches or help bring on sleep.

If you do take another drug, be damn sure you know what your doing and it doesn't react with what your already on.

The best thing to do would be to just let the effects wear off naturally.

the best thing is actually to use placebo to your benefit. give them a vitamin c tablet and tell them it will help them calm down.

reinforce the importance of slow, deep breaths.
remind them that you are sober (often it is difficult to remember that people can be 'normal')
and that you can handle any actual health emergencies if they occur (and reinforce the fact that there is no health emergency going on right now)

OP, have you tripped/had a bad trip? the best trip-sitter is one who has been to hell and back, and knows exactly what NOT to say. during a bad trip, it is crucial that you speak clearly and unambiguously.
a simple "are you ok?" can make a bad trip worse when the answer is "i don't know".
instead, try "you look like you are having fun" or "i like this music"
always try to impart a positive vibe to your conversation.

the best thing is actually to use placebo to your benefit. give them a vitamin c tablet and tell them it will help them calm down.

damn i was actually going to say that...

but i figured y'all'd give me shit.

Recently I was tripping on shrooms while in the company of three friends, two of which had taken an 8th just as I had. We ate them and went to the beach, some purplish, very dry and crunchy psilocybe. They both freaked once we got back to town, one of them became manic and frantically kept asking for a ride home, which he got within 10-15 minutes. Afterwards he told us he had the worst trip ever in his house and won't be consuming psychedelics for a long time.

The other kid, I don't really even want to talk about. We were chilling (inside my friend's house) and I could tell he was tripping really hard (eg: talking to random objects / plants, laughing uncontrollably) and having a good time. Well as soon as we walked to Safeway (5-10 min walk) for cigarettes he started to sketch out insanely hard. He kept saying every passing car was a cop, well we kept talking him out of it and finally sat down on a bench in front of Safeway.

It seemed like forever as we waited for my friend to buy the damn cigarettes. My buddy was zapped out of his mind & identity at this point, and could not accept what the shrooms were telling him(that his ego was an illusion, as this guy is very self-conscious/full of himself usually). He was running around the parking lot and laying down in random spots, I didn't know how to feel about the situation as I was experiencing full ego loss. I mainly tried to block his actions out while trying to think of how to keep myself safe. He was caught in such horrible thought patterns like I've never seen. As we walked toward my tripsitting-friend's apartment he attempted to grapple/attack people walking opposite us as well as hitting cars in parking lot with people inside/the lights on. He screamed profanities and ran around non stop, my buddy Justin (2/3 his size) barely controlling him, while I walked behind them on a full dose wondering how to make sense of this fucking situation. He kept repeating "This is gonna be great, bro!", "I'm fucking dieing" and "There's the boys right there bro" (like the cops) every 2 seconds.

He only stopped once we got back to Justin's apartment and started playing some music he recognized, plus we gave him the digeridoo to play. But even in there for ~5 min he was throwing shit around and breaking stuff..

Point being, stopping a bad trip is incredibly hard once it happens, and it's best to advise someone not to eat shrooms if you (from experience) can tell that they will not have a good reaction at that current moment in time.

As saod about there are know ways of ending a trip once begun but there are ways of dealing with them and ways not to.

Ways i have found work really well are
- Getting them to listen to music they enjoy ( through headphones works best it helps cut them off from reality and the trip)
- getting them into a darker place ( Large hoodies work if your unable to do this it also allows them to center themself)
- being with 1 or 2 close people is best no one wants all your ugly muggs in there face when there feeling the power of the darkside.
- Having familiar things around.
- Telling them there safe and everything is ok.
- If there having a full blown fit DONT touch them leave them just make sure the area is safe and if they try to run just speak to 'em dont tackle them, and when they have calmed down a little try and give them somehting to calm them down (benzo or placebo) forcing them just makes it worse.

no
even if you abort, you still tripped, and you used a method outside yourself to stop you from thinking more. That has an impact that will project for a while on your psyche