• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Abortion Thread

place friend in dark bedroom with no distractions. Place friend in bed of bedroom. tell friend to sleep. leave room.

That would be the last thing I would do

it's always nice to have a bottle of niacinamide pills around to "mellow things out" if needed...

blahblahblah said:
That would be the last thing I would do

Its worked for me before. If a person is of sound mind but is just having an experience that is too intense for their comfort levels, they should have no problem calming themselves down (assuming their adults of sound mind).

If they're freaking out, make your mobile phone ring and then pretend to answer it and say 'Hey mate, your mother/wife/girlfriend/whoever is on the phone, they're wondering where you are and they want you home NOW!!!'

Usually gets 'em sober pretty quick ;)

Valium could work.

The main thing in trying to get a trip to stop or get less intense is to not try to make it stop. Trying to overpower a trip doesnt really work. When you try to overpower the trip, the trip tends to get more intense.

A change of environment and scenery can help change the direction of a trip.

Valium DOES work to stop a trip from being too intense. Even 5-10mg valium can bring you back into your comfort levels.

And if you decide you would like it to be stronger again, light up a blunt :)

atlas said:
^^
ya, nothing mellows me out more than red skin and prickely heat.

~
the AMIDE form of B3 (as well as a form called inositol hexanicotinate) tend to not cause that "flushing effect" that straight "niacin" can cause...
also taking with a bit of food (of course, when you're tripping, you're usually not very hungry) can also lessen that marked vasodilation phsyiological response as well, right?)

googlesearch: abram hoffer niacinamide orthomolecular nutrition lsd psychosis

ur sumfin...

A bottle of vodka usually does the trick, easy to obtain too... It's like a magical pink elephant jumping through the window and stomping on the gremlins...

The Trip Abortion Thread

Mornin'.

I wondered if anyone had ever used this to terminate a bad trip? From what I've read, it seems to be an anti-psychotic. Is this right?

In fact, are anti-psychotics at all appropriate for terminating trips that aren't going well?

As always, advice/experiences would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

G.

All i can offer is my personal experience. During the tail end of a bad mushroom trip I took 150 MG seroquel in an attempt to sleep and/or abort the trip. I passed out, awakening up about 2 hours later full of energy and with a remarkably clear head.

Normally when I take that much seroquel I am out for the night for at least eight hours. It was like the mushrooms and the seroquel somehow cancelled eachother out.

I would caution against using antipsychotics with any research chemicals unless you know for certain that it is a safe combo.

I would guess that antipsychotics (D2 antagonists) like the phenothiazines would be better at dealing with 2C-x/DOx type 'bad trips' as they have a much more pronounced dopaminergic component. Out of interest, I once took 25mg of thioridazine about 3 hours after 40 liberty caps - it would reduce the anxiety component, but it produces this weird, indifferent state of non-threatening confusion.

Benzos are by far a better choice for all 'bad trips' as generally they are an anxiety reaction as seen through psychedelics - generally like a panic attack, and benzos reduce that without stupefying the person. GHB/GBL does seem very good at dealing with panic reactions with most hallucinogens.

Although i can't say anything about that specific drug,

if you have benzo's or GBL/GHB/1,4-b then those would be the best. GBL being the fastest acting of them all, .."i'm having a bad trip, this sucks, i'll take some g" 5 minutes later "ahh, all better".

And g users: fill up yer g in gelatin capsules! why taste it! it works!

Cheers.

If I tried it, it would probably be with mushrooms or acid.

I don't have any benozos (alas!) so I was just wondering if I could make do with what I had.

If I ever need to use them, I'll let you know how it goes...

If you have nothing else and you really need to terminate a trip, it should do the trick. But you might not enjoy how you feel from the prochlorperazine. The new, atypical neuroleptics, which are 5-HT2A/2C antagonists, are much better for this purpose since they are pretty specific antagonists of PEAs and tryptamines.

Best ways to abort a Bad Trip

I like mushrooms and LSD. And I've had good trips and bad trips on both. Bad trips are extrememly unpleasant -- 8 hours or more of living hell. So when the trip starts to go bad, what's the best way to make it stop- to end the bad trip? I've tried drinking lots of beer but that didn't help. Bong hits haven't helped. What about vitamin C pills or B12? Is there something you can take to immediatley end the trip?

Seroquel and always just let go and let the substance do what it wants with you don't fight it and you'll be fine.

"Bad" trips are a necessary part of the psychedelic experience.. Abort them with an antipsychotic or a downer and you'll just be avoiding dealing with whatever is causing you a problem. Work through them and most of all learn from them and you will be rewarded.

nuke said:
"Bad" trips are a necessary part of the psychedelic experience.. Abort them with an antipsychotic or a downer and you'll just be avoiding dealing with whatever is causing you a problem. Work through them and most of all learn from them and you will be rewarded.

I hate when people say that. Bad trips can be caused from the littlest things, anything really, set and setting play a huge role. Some things you cannot control. Bad trips can turn nasty, you could find yourself dealing with authorities or a trip the hospital.

8)

Maybe you should learn to trip in a better setting, then? Or learn to start at reasonable dosages of a chemical and work your way up to a maximum level, so that you don't get overwhelmed?

I've seen too many people have awful trips because they're just irresponsible psychedelics users. Getting your ass kicked teaches you respect.