• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

The powder is measured out 1g, and by freeze alcohol i wasnt literally meaning freeze it, just put it in the freezer. Sorry I was unclear about that.

If you are sure it's exactly 1.000g 2C-I you can dilute it
in 100mL of ethanol and measure out with a needle.
And putting it in the freezer would work.

^^Yes that would work. Alternatively you could buy a capsule making machine and dilute the mixture with say glucose. These are available over the internet. Ask me if you want more details of this technique. Eye balling is not as bad as some people make out. Obviously it fails when you are dispensing multiple dosages due to the error associated with repetition. If you are careful though you can just about manage it with 2C-I. If you had something wacky like 5MeO-AMT eyeballing could be more dangerous. For 2C-I though I think you can just about escape with it.

I always used 151-proof and it worked great.. kept it in the freezer for months and months. Basically what I did was take a small sweet-breath bottle, filled with warm 151, and drop out 100 drops into a glass vial. Then I weighed out 100mg of my material and mixed it into the same vial. Shake shake shake until it all dissolves... then add it to the emptied sweetbreath bottle (using a tiny funnel). This way I had 1 mg per drop, and the drops came from the same bottle that I was administering the doses from.

Everytime I took it out of the freezer, the crystals had precipitated out of solution, but upon warming to the temperature of my closed hand, they dissolved again. This method worked great for several phens.

i can say from my direct experience that 2c-i is still potent after a 12 months of conservation in tap water mixed with 1/3 of ethanol. in a dark and not specially cool place.

i think in regard to the effect we've got that the degradation is not noticeable.

It sounds like, no one here really knows how long Tryptamines/Phenethylamines really last! There are to many different sujested ways/tech mentioned in this tread!

A friend of mine has had 2c-e in its original amber bottle, in a cool place and sealed in a mason jar filler with oxygen absorbers and moisture absorbers included; for 2 years now! There is no noticeable loss from what i can tell.

He also has aMT stored in the same way; 3 years have past, there is no notable loss in potency ether! Is his way of storing chem., The Right Way!

It would be nice to have a tester; like those little AA batteries wich state good or poor when touched at ether end! That is just wishful dreaming! :\

Until some one, such as Alexandeer shulgin steps up to the plate and shares XY&Z instrutions with this community whats a bluelighter to believe?

Then there's liquid nitrogen!
8) singed, confused

hello there,

I've just acquired some 4-ho-mipt and having no mg scale, I was wondering what's the best solvent for a long term storage for my 4-ho-mipt ?

I've read that 4-ho-mipt was not very soluble in water, ethanol would be ok ?

Thanks in advance...

A friend of mine has had 2c-e in its original amber bottle, in a cool place and sealed in a mason jar filler with oxygen absorbers and moisture absorbers included; for 2 years now! There is no noticeable loss from what i can tell.

He also has aMT stored in the same way; 3 years have past, there is no notable loss in potency ether! Is his way of storing chem., The Right Way!

You can do the same thing with an airtight tupperware container containing a few sachets of silica gel. Oxygen isn't much of a problem as long as there is no moisture to allow oxygen to dissolve and interact with the chemicals

lysergication said:
hello there,

I've just acquired some 4-ho-mipt and having no mg scale, I was wondering what's the best solvent for a long term storage for my 4-ho-mipt ?

I've read that 4-ho-mipt was not very soluble in water. Ethanol would be ok ?

Thanks in advance...

Ok, just to say that miprocin is easily soluble in ethanol (94°) at 2mg/ml at room temperature.

Last edited:
2c-e

I just wanted to confirm that 2c-e HCl is easily soluble in DI water in quantities of at least 10mg/mL. The ease with which it went in would lead me to assume that its total solubility is at least a few times this. Other 2c salts should be at least as soluble (with the exception of maybe 2c-p which is probably slightly less soluble).

Hello. What amount of ethanol(95%) should I use to dissolve 100mg of 5meo-mipt?
I UTFSE but I'm not sure about this. Is 100ml enough?

DOC water solubility?

I have obtained a 3 dram amber vial with attached dropper. I have measured out 100mg of DOC to mix with 150 counted drops of distilled water. The resulting mixture should be accurate to .75mg a drop if I'm not mistaken. It will be sealed quickly to avoid evaporative loss, then put in the refridgerator.

is this going to work or am I best leaving it dry? I hear of potency loss when using liquids. please let me know, thank you - k.

is alcohol better? how about voss water - i hear it's the purest

kinesis420 said:
I have obtained a 3 dram amber vial with attached dropper. I have measured out 100mg of DOC to mix with 150 counted drops of distilled water. The resulting mixture should be accurate to .75mg a drop if I'm not mistaken. It will be sealed quickly to avoid evaporative loss, then put in the refridgerator.

is this going to work or am I best leaving it dry? I hear of potency loss when using liquids. please let me know, thank you - k.

DOC is stable, it should be ok. concerning the potency loss.

but using drops and not a syringe is fuking stupid.

kinesis420 said:

100/150=.6 repeating, not .75

Doc

How soluble is DOC in water/alcohol? Does it require acidification?

Does anyone know where and under what brand you can buy pure ethanol in the UK? I know the US residents are always talking about everclear, but I don't think you can buy it over here...

How soluble is DOC in water/alcohol? Does it require acidification?

Don't know the solubility of DOC in water, but the one thing I can say is that it will not require acidification to help it dissolve as every sample I've heard of is DOC hydrochloride and you only acidify in order to dissolve freebase compounds (which forms the appropriate salt with the acid in the acidic solution)

I have a comment I'd like to make because I keep hearing about people measuring out liquid in "drops" to make solutions. People, a "drop" is not a perfectly consistent form of measurement. You can go to a science supply store, some gardening supply stores, and most hardware stores, not to mention the internet, and buy a syringe for under a dollar. I have two that measure up to 6ccs (mL), with accuracy to the .1 mL. This is much more accurate, and hell, it's way easier and faster, too!

Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
fastandbulbous said:
Don't know the solubility of DOC in water, but the one thing I can say is that it will not require acidification to help it dissolve as every sample I've heard of is DOC hydrochloride and you only acidify in order to dissolve freebase compounds (which forms the appropriate salt with the acid in the acidic solution)

Oh right - is producing the salt the only reason? I've heard the the advice to put a little acid in your solution to help the dissolving process several times in this thread, in reference to all compounds, and several people have made anecdotal statements about using asorbic acid or lemon juice, with all sorts of chemicals, including various PEAs.

Which would seem odd, since only a few of the exotic psychedelics ever came as freebases, and they were all tryptamines. So is adding acid a myth as a general aid to solution making?