View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

mod is wrong...

A good scale makes one:
1337 not l33t Kinda like dhe difference between somene who writes code in assembaly rather than basic...
Oh, and did i mention sane? Just cuzz I can eyeball the difference betweeen 1 and 2 mg doesn't mean you can...

H4C<1N705H

0K Dr fukinbullshit- I don't fuck penguins, I eat them. But only the endangered ones... Yes, I do like Mac's, mostly because they work. My main point was, however that I feel one would be crazy to eyeball a dose of less than 100 mg especially if the dose/response curve is as steep as it is with pea's. One should also understand that just because someone doesn't post at a particular bulletin board all the time, they are somehow less knowledgeable.

H^X0RT3HW1R3L355

Originally posted by skunkjar
subject microdots
"Dots ar most allways going to be in the same range for a dose"
^^^this is not true at all by any means

Originally posted by skunkjar
One should also understand that just because someone doesn't post at a particular bulletin board all the time, they are somehow less knowledgeable.

you don't post often and from what I have seen aren't very knowledgeable.

I once took two capsules that contained a mechanical mixture of 5-MeO-DiPT and some unknown filler, and ended up overdosing balls.
Only use scales or liquid measurement :p

4-aco-det will it go goo?

I have 4-aco-det about 100mg, and some of it is stuck to inside of baggy, i am curious if i shot some distilled water in there, would i run the risk of it turning into the black goo. I am just trying toget it out in a reasonable manner.

^^^ I wouldn't think so. And even if you did, it would still work fine. I keep my vial of that in the freezer though.

Hey FromKrishnaToShiva,
about the post u made on the first page about the scale... im very interested in it. Since u cannot post the link on this site could u send it to my email? [email protected] . i would very appreciative. THank you.

Scales fall under the category of harm-reduction and it should be totally acceptable if those sites are posted here (granted they don't advertise selling drugs and other illegal activities).

also would any1 happen to know the proper mg to ml ratio for 2C-I for a solvent that, if i soaked blotter paper in, would give me a nice half dose or dose per tab?

I hope that this information is all going to personal use regarding the blotter, but it is something I've been interested in myself. Choosing/creating your art and taking the time to lay it would definatly add a little bit more a personal feel to taking the chemical than just putting it in a gel cap. Sort of like the process of brewing yage, it creates a certain bond with the chemical before you even take it. I think that 2ci required more chemical than may be possible for any decent amount of blotter, but some of the lower dosing chems would be possible. If I were to do this, I would use a heavy weight water color paper and perferate it myself. They make a spiked wheel which is used to transfer pattern through paper, I forget exactly what it is called, but they aren't hard to find. I can't stress enough that I give this advise only on the assumption that this person is truely asking for person reasons. I've been given fake acid before in gel tabs, and wasn't happy about it at all(5-meo-amt and I don't get along too well). Mods, feel free do delete/edit this if you feel that the people inquiring about this have bad intentions. I will do so myself if it looks this way as the thread progresses.

evlove said:
How much mescaline is in your san pedro? How much psilocybin is in your mushrooms? LSD? MDxx (do you even know what chemical this is supposed to be)? Ayahuasca?

There is a huge difference between eating mushrooms, cacti, ayahuasca brews, morning glory, hits of LSD, etc and eating pure compounds like 4-AcO-MiPT, 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T-2, iprocin, and now the strong and very rare 2C-P, 2C-T-21, 5-MeO-MiPT and others that have no known safety record.

The ayahuasca vine, DMT, ethocin, hashish, ibogaine, LSAs including LSD, 5-MeO-DMT, mescaline, psilocybin, salvinorin A, and such and such have proven themselves to be remarkably safe drugs. They all (but ethocin and LSD) have been used by people since recorded history and have a safety-record countless years old going for them. Only mescaline has a lower margin of safety between a psychedelic dosage and a toxic dosage compared to the rest. And the difference between a trippy dose of mescaline and a toxic one is still very large. Big difference between these and experimental research chemicals in which the short-term and long-term effects are still unknown.

Furthermore, we are not talking about powders here where the amount the size of two or three of these "O"s can represent an amount that may hospitalize a person. When talking about sacred mushrooms, morning glory, mescaline-cacti, etc; we are talking about plant-matter in which several grams, or even ounces, must be consumed to get to a psychedelic state.

Many of these research psychedelics (alpha-MT, alpha-O-DMS, 2C-I, 2C-T-7, DPT to name a few) have caused alarming side-effects in dosages that are within the usual psychoactive range that people use. Amounts of alpha-O-DMS that look like a few grains of salt have put people in the hospital.

I've never heard of such problems associated with psilocybin, DMT, or mescaline. 5-Ho-DMT (bufotenine) is the only natural psychedelic I can think of with alarming physical side-effects. That, and ungodly high dosages of iboaga. And the 5-HO-DMT thing is really not all that well known. The only human studies on this one involved scared and helpless mental patients who were injected with 5-Ho-DMT in a white, sterile hospital without their concent. It seems just fine when used in cohoba snuffs along with DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. Some strains of cohoba are mostly 5-Ho-DMT.

Furthermore, psilocybin, DMT, mescaline, etc are HIGHLY diluted by the plant matter that contains them. Again, one must eat a few grams of mushrooms to trip, or up to an ounce of peyote, iboga, or morning glory seeds to trip. And drinking a cup of ayahuasca is not an easy thing to do and it's unlikely someone is going to keep drinking enough to hurt themselves. The natural psychedelics have a built-in safety factor by tasting so bad and being so weak. Only a few species of mushrooms or baby woodrose seeds would be easy natural psychedelics to overdose on.

And it's not like an extra 1/4 of a dose of peyote or psilocybin mushrooms is going to double the intensity of the high. Yet with 2C-E, and extra 4mg (for a total of 20mg) was twice as intense as my 16mg dosage. Many of these synthetic psychedelics have very erratic dose/response curves. And because of this, exact amounts being taken must be known if you care about your safety and having any idea how deep you are going to go.

And yes, LSD and MDMA are unpredictable if sold on the black market in pills/tabs. But I don't use street MDMA. And the LSD I am familiar with, each drop is standardized and I know what it does and how high I will get from taking it because I've been working with it for years. And while a teen, I did take LSD that was WAY stronger than I anticipated...I was always smart and used it in a safe and controlled setting. And I was ok. And you can't die from an LSD overdose.

I see where you are coming from, comparing cacti or mushrooms with varying amounts of psilocybin or mescaline to taking dosages of some of the synthetics. But it's not a good analogy for the reasons I just gave you.

The only smart thing when using pure psychedelic compounds is to get a proper .001g or .002g scale. Anything less are just sad excuses one can make to justify risky and dangerous behavior. Considering I saw a Tanita 1210 for $150 the other day at ebay, it just further convinces me that those who don't buy a good scale just don't care about their safety. And I don't really care. That's one's own choice. But many of these people distribute unknown dosages of these psychedelics to others and it really makes me angry. It is also really unethical and as dangerous and inexcusable as driving drunk.

Last edited:
does somebody know what's the maximal's concentration possible of 5-meo-amt in isopropyl alcohol ? do you think it's possible to make something like : 5mg/0.01ml ?
it's in the purpose of blotter making (not to sell it) to store each dose in the freezer because i've read the 5-meo-amt is easily destroyable in solution.

edit : after some experiments, make good blotter seem not so easy (even with 0.01 ml it's a big piece of blotter to chew).
when i look better at my request i think : 5mg/0.01ml = 500mg/ml it seem to be impossible to me...but if someone here know it for sure it would be great !

Last edited:
does anyone know the solubility/stability of 4-ho-dipt (iproicin)

in water and IPA

5-meo-mipt: Just add lemon juice

Well, since nobody has mentioned this on this thread, I figured out how to get 5-meo-mipt to dissolve in water. Was able to completely dissolve 60mg of 5-meo-mipt in 6cc of water. The trick is to add a little bit of lemon juice and shake like crazy. In total I probably added 0.5cc of lemon juice before all the 5-meo-mipt dissolved. I can also add that it didn't lose any potency over the course of a week in the fridge. Well, hope this helps some folks out.

Re: IAP (indanylaminopropane) solubility

gofastgrrl_23 said:
is IAP water soluble? if not, would it dissolve in alcohol ( 50% ethanol or 70% isopropanol)?

IAP HCl dissolves in water at a concentration of 2mg/ml well enough (about stronger concentrations I don't know) but it takes patience since it doesn't happen quickly at all -- be prepared to wait even for hours, shaking it periodically. Time probably depends on amount and how fine grained the substance is, large tight chunks naturally dissolve slower while fine powder is quicker. But really, don't expect to have a drinkable solution in ten minutes at least at this concentration.

I don't know if juice or something other acidic liquid does the job quicker (it might but then might not...) nor have I any knowledge of solubility in alcohol. The temperature of the water seems to be some kind of key element: the warmer the quicker. Body temperature vs. room temperature seems to make some kind of difference and sounds quite safely within the margin of safety not to decompose the substance.

DOB solubility

If one were to come across a small ammount of DOB but was concerned that ones mg scales might not be calibrated well enough to safely weigh a 3mg increment could one assume that the compound is soluble in alcohol and measure out doses in this way? It's just that, in this hypothetical situation (;)), one would hate to leap straight only to find the compound were ruined because it isn't soluble in alcohol.

Last edited: