• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

Cheers! Yeah i've dissolved 2-CB in water (chlorinatred tap-water nonetheless 8() to no ill-effect, thanks heaps, I might just (*hypothetically*) give that a whirl :D

I wouldn't have used chlorinated water, chlorine breaks chemicals down. The recommendation for using distilled water wasn't because it'd be easier to put the chemical into solution, but because a solution with distilled water would last longer.

For Datura aficionados, etc.

As an aside, I plan to make a more thorough summary of the chemical components of Solanaceous plants (Datura, belladonna, etc.), hopefully before the month is out.

These are all from the Merck Index--12th Edition, I think.

Atropine / dl-hyoscyamine
C17 H23 NO3

mp. 114-116 C, long orthorhombic crystals from acetone

1 gram dissolves in:
455 ml water
90 ml water at 80 C
2 ml alc
1.2 ml alc. at 60 C
27 ml glycerol
25 ml ether
1 ml chloroform

Also soluble in benzene, dilute acids

Hydrochloride, granular crystals, mp. 165 C, soluble in water, alc.

Hyoscyamine / l-hyoscyamine
C17 H23 NO3

Silky, tetragonal needles from evaporating alcohol; protect from liglht and heat, easily racemized.

mp. 108.5 C

1 gram dissolves in:
281 ml. water
69 ml. ether
150 ml benzene
1 ml chloroform

Freely soluble in alcohol, dilute acids

Hydrobromide, deliquescent crystals, mp. 152 C. Very sol. in water.

Hydrochloride (poisonous!) mp. 149-151 C. Freely sol. in water, alcohol.

Scopolamine / l-scopolamine
C17 H21 NO4

Viscous liquid. Soluble in 9.5 parts water at 15 C. Forms a crystal monohydrate, mp. 59 C.

Freely soluble in hot water, in alcohol, ether, chloroform, acetone.

Sparingly soluble in benzene, petroleum ether.

Easily hydrolyzed by acids or alkalies, dec. on standing.

Hydrochloride, crystals from acetone, mp. 200 C.

Dihydrate, prisms from water, melts in water of crystn. (?) at 80 C. Very sol. in water and alcohol.

DL-form: atroscine

Dihydrate, chisel-shaped prisms from ethanol + water, mp. 38-40 C.

Monohydrate, efflorescent crystals, mp. 55-57 C.

Anhydrous, long prisms, mp. 82-83 C.

Very slightly soluble in water; sol. in alcohol, chloroform, ether...

kinetic said:
I wouldn't have used chlorinated water, chlorine breaks chemicals down. The recommendation for using distilled water wasn't because it'd be easier to put the chemical into solution, but because a solution with distilled water would last longer.

Yeah, I know about that (I accidently killed some drops of acid because I unthinkingly washed the bottle out with tapwater before i put them in 8) ) but the 2c-b was only in the water a short time. I guess its good to know that you can get away with it, briefly, if anyone ever has to...

AMT fb / 5-meo-dipt / 2ct2

Just to add my own info here..

I have had some AMT freebase dissolved in vodka (I believe 10mg/1mL) for... i'd say at least 2 years now (maybe 2 1/2), never in the fridge..even out in the open (not sunlight directly on it or anything, but just open in a room for half the time) and it still works and if it has lost potency i know it is not much at all..

Also i've had some 5-Meo-DIPT (not sure if it is Hcl salt or what) dissolved in vodka (10mg/1mL) for well probably about as long as the AMT, "couple years or so", was recently tested and still seems just fine, no noticeable loss.

Both of these were kept air-tight though, meaning, the caps on the bottles they are in were on tight for most of the time they've been in there. The AMT being in a extra-really too-big glass bottle, and the 5-Meo-DIPT in a small plastic bottle.

Also I have some 2C-T-2 dissolved in just water, i think 2mg/mL, for almost a year, although it hasn't been 'tested' lately it was several months ago by someone and it also seemed fine.

None of these were kept in cool places, no air-conditioning, just on a shelf in a room, "somewhat" hidden from most light but definitely not all. No huge effort was made to preserve these obviously, but none of them seem to have degraded, not enough to be noticeable anyway.

%)

So I imagine, if especially the first two tryptamines are lasting this long, without much effort to preserve them, for a couple years already, then i'd think that if you just stick them in the fridge/freezer, air tight, well they'd probably last many years... just my guess though.

ratio for 2-ce solution & 5-meo-dmt inquiry

hey guys..
ive searched and read many threads about liquid measurement, but still have questions regarding a 2c-e solution. my only available solvent is h20 and was curious (for those who have had success) about the appropriate mg/ml ratio ....is it the same 1mg:1ml ratio as it is w/alcohol?
also (unrelated), for those of you who have had experience w/5-meo-dmt...did the drug have any visual/hallucinogenic merit? i seem to be getting the impression, from trip reports and other threads, that the effects are somewhat of a dissociative "blackout".
...any imput is greatly appreciated :)

merged.

human paraquat...welcome to Bluelight. Next time please post your question in the thread that already covers your topic when such a thread already exists.

Just a bit of information I thought might be useful...

I was under the impression that phenethylamines are generally very stable and usually hold up fine in their powder form, even if not refridgerated. Up until recently I have always refridgerated all my chemicals anyway, but a few weeks ago I took my 2C-T-2 out of the refridgerator and left it at room temperature for a few weeks, not thinking anything would happen to it.

It still looks like a perfect, fluffy white powder like it always did, but when myself and a couple of friends took some the other night, we found to our disappointment that it had lost almost all of it's potency. It was strange - all of us had REALLY dilated eyes the whole time, and we all definitely felt "wierd" (the only way we could really describe it) but there were ABSOLUTELY NO visuals. It was like we were getting most of the effects of the drug, EXCEPT the visuals. Previously I have always gotten excellent visuals at 24-30mg of this substance, but this time I took 30mg and got nothing at all. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

So don't leave your 2C-T-2 out of the refridgerator if you can help it - maybe some batches are more stable than others, but what used to be very good quality 2C-T-2 is now total crap because I left it out of the fridge for a few weeks...

Dosing problem...

Hi

SWIM has a problem regarding dosage of 2C-I. He has a water + ethanol + 2C-I solution with 7.5mg 2C-I per mL of solution. For many reasons, he would like to have his doses in gelcaps rather in solution. Examples of reasons include portability, longer shelf-life, convenience, etc.

How would he go about getting 15mg doses into gelcaps? The problem here is that 2mLs of solution can't just be put into the gelcap because not only would the gelcaps dissolve in the solution but they aren't big enough to hold 2mLs.

He has some ideas of how to solve this problem and would like some feedback.

One idea is to dissolve a known weight of sugar (probably 10x the weight of the 2C-I in sol'n) and then evaporate the solution. The idea here is that hopefully the 2C-I would be distributed evenly through out the product so that it could be weighed on a 0.01g scale.

His second idea is to put some food coloring in the solution and then to drop 2mLs of sol'n onto blotter, cutting out the dyed areas and trying to fit them into gelcaps.

Does anyone have any feedback or better ideas?

Any help is very much appreciated and thanks for reading this.

MGS,

Your concerns for safety mirror my own. And I completely agree with you on the added risk of psychedelic research chemicals and the benefits of using an accurate scale. However, I see that you are also familiar with the relative utility of dosing off of a semi-standardized solution.

And yes, LSD and MDMA are unpredictable if sold on the black market in pills/tabs. But I don't use street MDMA. And the LSD I am familiar with, each drop is standardized and I know what it does and how high I will get from taking it because I've been working with it for years.

With this example, I assume you discovered the solution strength for yourself by bioassay. Whether with a scale or not, this is ultimately how any optimal psychoactive dosage is discovered for any individual.

Scales are the absolute best way to know how much substance is there with accuracy. There is no question about that. However, this is only the first step to discovering the right dose for any individual. Knowing the exact amount of a substance only gives some of the information, it doesn't tell you how you (or someone else) will react to that amount. For this reason I encourage experiementers to always try to err on the side of caution with dosage until they personally know what their personal "sweet spot" is. And even then, be prepared to be surprised.

Be safe and have fun.

Merged into the solubility mega-thread

One idea is to dissolve a known weight of sugar (probably 10x the weight of the 2C-I in sol'n) and then evaporate the solution. The idea here is that hopefully the 2C-I would be distributed evenly through out the product so that it could be weighed on a 0.01g scale.

Very bad idea. When the water/alcohol dries one material will precipitate out before the other due to differences in concentration and solubiliy. Hence the result won't be distributed evenly through out.

Does anyone have any feedback or better ideas?

Either just get a scale, or just use the solution, or dry out separate 2ml portions of the solution on glass plate and scrape it off.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if aluminum reacts with 2C-I? I was thinking of using small aluminum containers to evaporate in. I'm trying to think of a way to evaporate multiple doses at once to save time and to minimize time that the 2C-I is in solution as I've heard bad things about it decomposing.

Thanks.

ps Is the blotter idea bad too?

2c-i stability

i can say from my direct experience that 2c-i is still potent after a 4 months conservation in tap water mixed with 1/3 of ethanol. in a dark and not specially cool place. the ethanol has been putted in since three months.

i think in regard to the effect we've got that the degradation is not noticeable. :)

Freezing aqueous solutions for long-term stability

I'd like to share a good method for weighing out and storing chemicals (like tryptamines and phenethylamines) in frozen solution. This method was devised by a professional chemist, and should allow samples to be stored for years without degradation. Many compounds are in fact stored in exactly this way in professional laboratories.

(I apologize if this post duplicates a previous post. This thread was just too impossibly big for me to read everything.)

Chemicals degrade in solution, but that process is almost nonexistent if the solution is FROZEN. (The chemical reactions we're concerned with generally take place in the liquid, or dissolved, state.) Therefore, try dissolving your compound in water (maybe with a little lemon juice or vitamin C to help it dissolve), pre-measuring appropriate amounts, and FREEZING the samples. It also won't hurt to keep them dark, but that's not usually a problem in a freezer.

What you need:

-- A scale (usually -- but see step 1)
-- A measuring syringe (you can also use 1 teaspoon = 5 mL)
-- Little containers for your frozen, dissolved samples
-- A freezer

Here's an example:

1) Weigh out 100 mg of sample. You don't need a milligram scale for this, but you do need a scale with a precision of 10 milligrams, i.e. 0.01 grams. These are widely available and relatively inexpensive. Using such a scale, your sample will weigh 100 mg +/- 10 mg. 10% precision is good enough for many purposes.

(Note: You can still use this method if your scale is less precise. Just use more sample. In fact, if you have no scale but you are sure you know the weight of your sample to start with, +/- 10%, you can just proceed by dissolving the entire sample.)

2) Dissolve the sample in a known amount of water. A little citric or ascorbic acid may help alakloids dissolve: lemonade isn't a bad solvent for many purposes. For simplicity, use a concentration you'll remember, like 1 mg/mL, i.e. 100 mg/100 mL. Now you have a solution of known strength. I strongly suggest either using the same strength for all your different chemicals, or writing the concentration on each and every container.

3) If you like, divide the solution up into parts according to how much of the chemical you need for each experiment. If you think you'll need 20 mg per experiment, make five 20 mL samples. A good way to store them is in little plastic amber pill bottles, the kind used at pharmacies. You can buy these at many drugstores or health food stores, or online. Otherwise, just freeze the whole solution -- one gram per liter, or whatever it is -- and thaw fully before using.

(Note: Make sure the caps seal well. Frozen solutions can "evaporate" (technical term: sublimate). If that happens, the chemical won't go away, but you might get confused if you decide to measure out only part of the solution later, since it will be more concentrated. This, among other reasons, is why an ice cube tray is probably a bad idea. But you could use an ice cube tray if you won't be dividing up samples after they thaw. Just be sure no one mistakenly puts one in their soda!)

4) Freeze the samples, being sure they remain upright and do not leak until they freeze solid. Keep them frozen. Thaw individual samples as needed, do experiments, and push back the horizons of knowledge. One tablespoon = 15 mL = 15 mg of sample from a 1 mg/mL solution.

NOTE: This method will ONLY work well for long-term storage if your samples FREEZE SOLID. Vodka will not freeze in an ordinary freezer. Chilld alcoholic samples will probably last awhile, certainly longer than room-temperature, but not nearly as long as frozen aqueous solutions.

A guy I know tried this with 4-HO-DiPT and said that the samples appeared to retain their potency for months, as expected with this method.

Chemicals won't last forever this way. Frozen food tastes bad after several years for a reason: reactions, including even slow degradation by bacteria, do take place. Just very, very slowly. I don't have the data for exactly how long tryptamines or PEA's should last in frozen solution. Use common sense and don't use a sample if it's become discolored, cloudy or developed particulate matter that you're sure wasn't there before.

By the way, I'm sure many of you have heard this before, but I'll just add it here. The general rule for storing any chemical is to keep it as cold, dry and dark as possible. When you're dealing with the actual chemical -- the powder, not dissolved in solution -- keep it sealed and stored in the freezer, or at least a cool dry place. If possible, store the sample container inside another container that has a desiccant pack. If you are getting out some frozen sample to use, let it first warm up to room temperature to avoid atmospheric moisture getting in.

Good luck. Do no harm. Do know harm.

Peace,
Dave

Last edited:
2c-e hcl is very soluble in water. I managed to make 40mg/ml 2c-e - distilled water solution with a help of slight heat to work as a solubility catalyst. The process came very slow even with the heat when I reached that 40mg mark and I didn't want to push it further. If I had to make a guess about maximum solubility of 2c-e hcl in distilled water, I'd say it might be as high as 50-70mg/ml. I will report here about the potency in the solution over few months time. I suspect it will be quite stable.

Making appropriamte RC doses

Say you have an RC, 2c-i with a good dose being 10mg. What would be the best liquid to dilute 1g of it in, making each 1ml=10mg, one strong dose. Would this be an effective way of making accurate doses? I do not have a scale accurate enough to weight out a good dose, and am not considering eyeballing doses.

You can never go wrong with alcohol. Something like everclear is best