• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Scale / Balance Thread - Part 2.000±

I am thinking about meaybe buying any of these cheap china scales and one that looks like a copy of gemini 20 wich is the scale i have my own and i think it works really good, would be a good idea to buy any of these cheaper ones to sell to friends to make some money or would it be wrong of me, i thinking about that maybe these other scales could be very bad quality or not work at all?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-001g-20g-...=US_Pocket_Digital_Scales&hash=item460fda71e7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3in1-10g-0-...=US_Pocket_Digital_Scales&hash=item2c82c385e8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-0-001g-L...946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337785ab52

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-20g-...=2&rkt=6&sd=151290320464&rt=nc#ht_1627wt_1153

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3in1-10g-0-...=US_Pocket_Digital_Scales&hash=item2c82c385e8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20g-x-0-001...ltDomain_0&hash=item23399b1650#ht_3560wt_1153

Last edited:
FWIW, I would never buy a scale with that "style 2" plateau that gemini-20 has where you have to sit the weighing tray on an unstable small point. My roommate and I both have a cheap scale from DealExtreme (one of their more expensive 0.001 gram ones but still relatively affordable) which has both a level plateau and a comfortable weighing tray to put on that. Ideal for every occasion.

Last time I took my scale to a friend's, he showed me his scale as well which has the 'style 2' and he realized why mine could be preferred and agreed.

Well, I guess it depends what kind of things you end up weighing on it, but for example if you want to weigh powder on top of a piece of rolling/blotting paper to parachute style 2 doesn't comfortably allow things to be put on a level plateau.

Maybe you can find creative ways around it, but in the end I think it is inflexible not to have an actual weighing platform, but only an anchoring point for your weighing tray.

I use my scale a lot and for relatively varying practices, apparently I am a demanding user. If you only specifically need to use the scale the way style 2 is intended, I guess go ahead I won't stop you. But if you are given the choice anyway, why not go for more flexibility?

To illustrate, I also have a 0.005 g laboratory scale (I will add a pic), the large plateau and the fact that it can handle more heavy things compared to a jewel scale gives me a "disemcumbered feeling" or weighing experience. Or in other words, it is just very comfortable to just have a plateau to use as you wish.

Also, I love me some lab spatulas :D
I cringe when I see people screwing around with all sorts of improvisory devices, and I feel impoverished when I can't find my spatula. I'm going to get a few backups I think. But of course it is a drag to shop around for it if you don't occasionally place orders at lab shops and the like.

IMAG0544.jpg

Last edited:
only just saw this thread, clicked the first link and saw my scales! so heres a review
theyve been caked in mud and thrown around festivals, brush em clean and recalibrate, still work a charm.
1.000 grams of 4 ACO-DMT on the scale weighed what it was meant to, and putting a whole pile of substance on the scale and then removing precisely 25mg at a time using the capsule youre filling as a scoop works perfectly, sometimes when the battery gets low, the number flickers up and down by precisely 6mg (for me anyway), and it does so in an obvious manner, the lower the battery gets, the longer it spends saying its 6mg over before occasionally flickering back to the real amount.
physical quality-wise, you would be AMAZED, ive had people try and squeeze the lid shut with the dish still on the scale upright (a definate no-no), calibrate and test, and away you go!
i'd never trust weighing something to within 1mg on them (DO-x dosing for example) but as far as repeatedly weighing 2c's and DMT's go, theyre fine, and when youre checking stuff like weed, it can be fun to be super anal about it.

EDIT- You can also power them with an old nokia charger if you dont like batteries :p

a while ago i acctualy ordered
i did order 3 at once and from every scale sold i made about 3 times more money + or Some money and rest giviing me pills worth even more... but piills is not the same as money so kinda waste anyway even i love to use them hahahahhaha theeseeee! (yes..we,someone of us but are alright! we just people!!!??!!!!=D
an'''' oookkkk at the end, then..:D

Good idea is it to do in the country i am in because our city has just 2-3 headshops and MG's weights cost like 200£ here wich is so crazy i wouldent even get from these stores even i had the money

Last edited:
And! those when u said "style 1 scales"
i think about that it would be so mutch better to walk around with f.eks perfect into a backpack or in any pockets on your clothers and wouldent have to take so many parts wich the style 2 has.... Really ..now?:: i know scales are very sensitive and shouldent be keep moving too mutch or falll around and hit itselfs,,
but Wich One on these is better/weaker for scaling most rightious and corect? and these two has they price like almost the same or what?

The prices are almost the same. Style one do indeed have an attached weighing pan. Both appear to have the same accuracy.

Would anyone in the UK be interested in buying a 0.1mg balance for a subsidised rate? Probably £2-300. There would be two available for this price.

Are there any scales which are better than the crummy AWS, and the other crappy 20$ one, say one for 40-70 USD that's a good deal better. Or does it really take 400 usd to guarantee =+1mg?

Are there any scales which are better than the crummy AWS, and the other crappy 20$ one, say one for 40-70 USD that's a good deal better. Or does it really take 400 usd to guarantee =+1mg?

It takes 400+ or a damn good catch on eBay.

I bought a Gemini 20 a few weeks back and its more accurate than I expected it to be. It seems to register 3+ milligrams if you use the tray that comes with it, tare it with the tray, then take the tray off and put your substance on and the tray then put it back on the scale. It will say zero for a few seconds and then show the new value. It actually drifts less than my old GemPro 250 did.

I will trust it for flubromazepam to be between 4 and 6mg but that's not something that would be deadly if it was off a few milligrams. The most I would trust it with if it was sensitive was something that has a 20-25mg dose and can be off by up to 3-5mg without a steep curve. That's just me though.

I miss my old scale... That was the deal of a lifetime I got on it but this will work for dealing with chems not as sensitive as what I used to measure.

Had it. It broked after about 6 months. Well, it turns on but then without touching it runs from -20 to +50mg, don't think I'm about to weigh out some 4-aco or 3-meo anything on it.

Why are you people taking flubromazepam? I never liked benzos with half-lives longer than a day (clonazepam) pleasant. Do they have 1mg weights to test scales? 100 bucks, but the gemini was accurate enough for me, when it worked, I could by 5 of them for the same price.

Anyone had this "Infyniti Spectra SP-20 20g x .001g Professional Digital Pocket Scale"
$_12.JPG

This looks awesome, but I don't think I can justify throwing down a bit more than two bills on a scale.
"220/.001g Diamond Gold Gem Lab Scale Balance Rechargable Power Glass Wind-shield"

Bet it's fucking nice and accurate +-1mg or less.

$(KGrHqRHJDoFHi2neBgJBR4)psuWog~~60_57.JPG

Any scale that you get that is +/- 1mg is only going to be acceptable for weighing 10mg with acceptable accuracy. 1mg is still 10% of 10mg and its 20% of 5mg. While it's true that a lab balance is going to be closer they have to be calibrated correctly. Those weights are extremely expensive.

You need a semi-micro scale (0.1mg) if you are working with sensitive materials. Otherwise grab a cheap scale and measure out 20mg and do a liquid solution.

As for the flubromazepam, its specifically in case I ever have an emergency situation where I have no Valium and can't get more. It won't be for recreation at all, just something to keep around the house that has a longer half-life than Etizolam.

Any scale that you get that is +/- 1mg is only going to be acceptable for weighing 10mg with acceptable accuracy. 1mg is still 10% of 10mg and its 20% of 5mg. While it's true that a lab balance is going to be closer they have to be calibrated correctly. Those weights are extremely expensive.

You need a semi-micro scale (0.1mg) if you are working with sensitive materials. Otherwise grab a cheap scale and measure out 20mg and do a liquid solution.

As for the flubromazepam, its specifically in case I ever have an emergency situation where I have no Valium and can't get more. It won't be for recreation at all, just something to keep around the house that has a longer half-life than Etizolam.

That's why I don't like them, I tried them (phenazepam, and that's even shorter) for recreation lol. Talk about unforgiving.

Anyway, semi-micro? what you mean like to the 100th micron? I do suppose that's how you'd ensure you were on the very mg.

Quick look, they're 2k new. No fucking way, when you can be +-5-6 and volumetrically dose.

That's why I don't like them, I tried them (phenazepam, and that's even shorter) for recreation lol. Talk about unforgiving.

Anyway, semi-micro? what you mean like to the 100th micron? I do suppose that's how you'd ensure you were on the very mg.

Quick look, they're 2k new. No fucking way, when you can be +-5-6 and volumetrically dose.

I thought that phenazepam had a stupid long half life and flubromazepam is somewhere in the middle? Over clonazepam but under diazepam.

And yeah I got my SI-234 for under 200 bucks. It was the find of a lifetime, won't be seeing that again.

That's why I'm fine with the Gemini... 20 bucks and I have a bunch of micro scoops that are around 8-12mg depending on the density of the material so I will know of something goes really wrong with the scale accuracy.

I wouldn't trust it for anything sensitive though. If I was measuring 4-HO-MET or something similar, no big deal, same with MDMA. Fortunately flubromazepam isn't that potent. Makes it quite costly per gram but quite a bit safer to work with than phenazepam, diclazepam, or etizolam

Fuckin' aye, they're 4-750 on ebay. Lucky dog. I think I'll be buying cheap ones, (maybe the shit gemini that broke in 6 months after doing an ok job). I'm just gonna keep replacing them, trying to make AWS to warranty service, and the only thing I'm measuring which is active at .5 mg is etizolam, and I just need to be able to weight out say 100mg and put it in 10ml. that is .1 ml= 1 mg. Perfect with an oral 1ml syringe for measuring.

Not gonna be weighing out acid, or NBOME's and don't plan on it.

Besides again, even nmobes potent benzos would be fine with a +-3g scale. If you have enough of material. The more potent the chemical, the more solvent you use. It's far more forgiving. if you're using 1mg of a dose, so you put 100mg in 100ml It shouldn't matter if there are 97 or 103g. Only safe way to eigh powerful substances.

(There'd either be .97mg instead of one, or 1.3). You just need a good 1ml syringe which goes to .1ml or less. just to be safe.