• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Scale / Balance Thread - Part 2.000±

The only reason I don't like liquid is because it tends to kill the shelf life. Not only that but it's easier to carry gelcaps around than a bottle of liquid and a syringe.

I thought that phenazepam had a stupid long half life and flubromazepam is somewhere in the middle? Over clonazepam but under diazepam.

And yeah I got my SI-234 for under 200 bucks. It was the find of a lifetime, won't be seeing that again.

That's why I'm fine with the Gemini... 20 bucks and I have a bunch of micro scoops that are around 8-12mg depending on the density of the material so I will know of something goes really wrong with the scale accuracy.

You couldn't possibly mean something like this?

20140831_065848.jpg

We're stocked up my friends, Great minds always make sure they have a semi- safe backup to take drugs lol.

As for those drugs.

phenazepam - 60 hrs
flubromazepam 106 hours
Clonazepam 18-50, (never felt it more than 15 or so )
Diazepam 20–100 hours with an active metabolite that can hit 200. lol Fuck that, still phenazepam fucked me up real good. Immaturity my friend, want a chill feeling, just one time take just enough for a functional fucked up blackout, sensibility dies and you take more without remembering. And keep taking more! Crazy shit. there are weeks of my life which just didn't happen, at least to me.

Funny enough a guy stole it from my apartment, I shared a few mg with him. Dunno what the fuck he was thinking, took a gram of it and downed about half. No tolerance. This guy probably lost a month or more. Just fucking rocket scientist level to steal random white powders you don't know shit about, from crazy fucks like me, and eat them immediately. It was cheap as shit stuff too, lololol I'd have given him half and warned him. That's what you get when you steal.

The only reason I don't like liquid is because it tends to kill the shelf life. Not only that but it's easier to carry gelcaps around than a bottle of liquid and a syringe.

Uh I dunno. It's easy as hell to slip into the bathroom with a tiny vial . You just make it stronger. Did plenty of power opioids carrying around 1ml oral syringes and doing it rectally. Course that's kinda proof you're using it, but so are gel caps.

And I hope you don't mean 20$ for micro-scoops. I'd send them to BLers for free if they paypal me whatever a stamp cost :) I'd accept four dimes and a nickle and four pennies in the mail, but then you'd have to pay that much to mail it lol. I'd give away 10 to 10 people. It is a good thing to have for harm reduction.

I use it for 3-meo pcp. It's 8-13mg sized, Usually take 1/2 - 3/4 of a scoop, and 4-or 7.5 mg are safe amounts. Even a full scoop would be ok, it can just be a bit manic for some.

Wish I had a good mg scale to test them, lol.

Last edited:
You couldn't possibly mean something like this?

20140831_065848.jpg

We're stocked up my friends, Great minds always make sure they have a semi- safe backup to take drugs lol.

As for those drugs.

phenazepam - 60 hrs
flubromazepam 106 hours
Clonazepam 18-50, (never felt it more than 15 or so )
Diazepam 20–100 hours with an active metabolite that can hit 200. lol Fuck that, still phenazepam fucked me up real good. Immaturity my friend, want a chill feeling, just one time take just enough for a functional fucked up blackout, sensibility dies and you take more without remembering. And keep taking more! Crazy shit. there are weeks of my life which just didn't happen, at least to me.

Funny enough a guy stole it from my apartment, I shared a few mg with him. Dunno what the fuck he was thinking, took a gram of it and downed about half. No tolerance. This guy probably lost a month or more. Just fucking rocket scientist level to steal random white powders you don't know shit about, from crazy fucks like me, and eat them immediately. It was cheap as shit stuff too, lololol I'd have given him half and warned him. That's what you get when you steal.

Yes man, those, only mine are red lol. I also bought the 100 pack, that's hilarious!

Elimination half life and effective life are totally different. From what I've heard of phenazepam, it lasts a good 36 hours with the right dose. On the same note though, flubromazepam IS a direct analog of phenazepam so it is something to be cautious about I suppose.

Ideally I won't need it but with how intense benzo withdrawal is for me (I've been tapering for almost a year and I'm still in hell and I was only on 20mg of diazepam a day), I have a few boxes of Etizolam but I don't like how short it is, major rebound the one time I tried it, so hoping that flubromazepam is better for my purposes (not going into withdrawal).

Crazy about the dude who stole it. Stories about phenazepam black outs are everywhere, scary shit man.

Uh I dunno. It's easy as hell to slip into the bathroom with a tiny vial . You just make it stronger. Did plenty of power opioids carrying around 1ml oral syringes and doing it rectally. Course that's kinda proof you're using it, but so are gel caps.

Where there's a will there's always a way for sure. My situation is more about feeling fine with taking a capsule in public like I would do with benzos from the pharmacy. I could easily make caps with 4mg of flubromazepam and filled the rest of the way with inositol or something and carry them around in a small inositol gelcap bottle, for example. I don't really attract attention from police and I generally am a law abiding citizen. If i could get a lifetime supply of diazepam, I'd just go about my business and not think twice about it.

Either way, I gotta have a scale and I didn't want to spend much on it. I'm impressed with the accuracy of the Gemini 20. My GemPro 250 cost almost 10 times as much and would drift like crazy if I tared it so I always had to subtract the weight of the weighing tray and capsule from the total weight to get an accurate number. It was a pain.

A big problem any way was if you blacked out you TOOK MORE! And usually two much. I'm telling you, weeks of my life I don't know what the fuck happened. And with short acting ones, even if you redose with a slightly excessive dose you'll just sleep and wake up sober, instead of waking up still with no memory and taking more lol, no inhibitions, and probably falling over and taking WAY too much.

Dude, get a gram of etizolam powder, or two, and make a bunch of 1mg gel caps. Thing is, will these caps hold PEG?

Etizolam would be really bad for me. Short acting benzos are bad news when you are tapering. I took 0.5mg like a week ago and it threw me into hell for like 3 days after that. The rebound the second night was really bad.

So much luck <3

I recently sold my +/- 0.005 g 'generic' scale for the same amount as what I bought a +/- 0.0001 g Mettler for today!

I also happen to have those calibration weights Magicalkat if I can figure out how to use them besides just testing if the damn thing is half okay to buy.

Happened to like flubromazepam, got a free 100 mg sample on the way (I only bought 5 pills so far to try it), IDK if it's the fluoro but I'm betting that could make a lot of benzo's feel nice.

I won't be weighing single doses of any benzo with this scale, but it will come in handy if say I want to vape DOC and I don't want to have the hassle to go via volumetric measurement and evaporating on some carrier etc.

P1060803_2.jpg

Is there someone who understands and and can explain what happens when scales creep? Meaning, that rather than fluctuating, the shown value slowly runs down or - usually? - up. It has got something to do with the calibration, right? I assume that during calibration there are reference values set for zero and some reference weight, and the gradations are 'plotted' using those functions.

Also someone reminded me that weight is a vector and therefore levelling the scale very well is important to align the weighing axis with the instrument.

I got to set up my scale a little later, apparently good calibration takes at least an hour, but I have already set some things like sensitivity for the type of environment you weigh in. Mine is of course a relatively unstable one! :D I assume some lithium isnt going to help him out : p

Last edited:
Hooray! Good buy.

Creep over the course of a few hours is caused by environmental factors such as humidity and temperature, I believe. Once the balance has warmed up for 24h it should reduce greatly. Mine will stay within 0.1mg of a reading for a day or more once warm.

A stable, level surface is important, the balance should not fluctuate over the course of 1 minute, depending on your settings. The spirit level and adjustable rear legs will allow you to ensure it's level.

I'll be perfectly honest with you guys, I'm impressed with my Gemini 20. I use leveled microscoops to make sure that I'm in the 8-12 range and it actually will pick up 4mg of material. My gem pro didn't do that.

It's no analytical balance but this little Gem is actually quite accurate and its fast and cheap. I trust it to +/- 2mg actually from my testing.

Since all I use it for is for things that go into PG and will be using it for 4-HO-MET, its perfect.

I plan to buy another Horizon Pro-50A, unless anyone can recommend something better in that $50-100 range?

That's quite a petite device, even moreso than other jewel scales I think? Of course a major advantage if you need the mobility, but it is likely to be less sturdy. A smaller area spanned by the 'feet' of the scale may mean less stability or harder to level it properly...
I think that building quality also factors in, if it is stronger heavier material then of course it is more massive and by definition it can tolerate more random movements like shakes or a gust of wind etc.

The relevance of all that depends a lot on the situation you tend to weigh your substances in.. if you pretty much always weigh at home, on top of something immensely solid and immovable and with no draught at all... it doesn't really matter that much.
If you are on the move often and like to stick your scale in your jacket pocket, then it is very nice that it is compact but it also may imply that the steadiness and inertia of your envinroment are pretty unreliable.

But maybe despite all that it is a terrific balance, I am mostly making 'conversation'. Do you you have personal experience with holding / using other balances than just this one... which I am assuming is the one you already have but died on you? (Did you also have 5 year warranty or is that coincidentally what I see with the ebay vendor I am currently looking at?)

What warrants this device costing 50+ $ rather than the 20$ or so other low-end 1mg scales may cost?

Tying to be constructively critical here, to see if instead of re-opting for it by default based on having positive experience with it, you can defend and qualify it? My experience or knowledge is really not that extensive.. I hope other people will post so that you can synthesize an opinion and decision with a bunch of em.

I'll be perfectly honest with you guys, I'm impressed with my Gemini 20. I use leveled microscoops to make sure that I'm in the 8-12 range and it actually will pick up 4mg of material. My gem pro didn't do that.

It's no analytical balance but this little Gem is actually quite accurate and its fast and cheap. I trust it to +/- 2mg actually from my testing.

Since all I use it for is for things that go into PG and will be using it for 4-HO-MET, its perfect.

Good to see you mods setting that example for sure! No do as I say not as I do (not that I'd ever do that :sus:)

I'd agree completely on the Gemini-20 (like... the one everyone who has a mg scale has, or used to have...lol) I still have mine but it crapped out after about 10 months and now jumps around 40mg or so, which I should probably give to a friend as a gram scale or something.

I bought the other popular big black mg scale (no brand name on the actual scale...) in the same price range. And while I'd trust it +-5-7mg I believe the Gemeni-20 was more sensitive. This one when I put it's 20g calibration weight (20g max, double the gemini, though a negative thing IMO) it reads within 10mg, when removed it drops to .0005 and after two seconds figures out that it's at 0. Not great for measuring stuff, but still acceptable for volumetric dosing, though at this point I've been given to using the microscoop (with the same exact powder (etizolam)) I was using with my gemini-20 and weighed out on this new one) making a volumetric solution and titrating doses; not ideal (I should be weighing every volumetric solution but I don't trust this scale as much anyway), but I believe in the end I am far undershooting the quantity I am aiming for (1mg/.1ml, but I'd guess it always is closer to .5mg)rather than overshooting it.

I really should just buy another Gemini-20. It says it has a several year warranty, but AWS never returned my email. Should probably just treat the first one as semi-disposable and buy another and be nicer to it :p

Do all 1 mg microscoops have the same volume? Or are they actually standardized for each substance, or rather batch of substance one can order considering the range of densities / fluffiness one might encounter with solids? If it is all the same, then microscoops are only slightly better than guesstimation / eyeballing, hope you guys realize that.

I received a microscoop with my melatonin.... I guess if you can afford to OD a bit on the substance you are handling then it's not of vital importance, but I would never use a microscoop for say DOC. Don't even think about doing something silly like that.

Well that's an interesting way of looking at it, but portability is irrelevant in my case. I can only compare the Horizon Pro 50A to the Gemini-20 and it definitely feels more solid and performed better, with less "drifting". It also comes with that built-in bubble level which I like. Maybe it's the exact same technology under the hood, I don't know, but I'm looking for the best value I can get for that $50-ish price range. There's a plethora of $20 milligram scales, but I want the next tier up, but below the pricey lab-grade ones, if that's even possible.

For instance how am I supposed to know which is better? The Jennings JSVG-20 or the Horizon Pro-50A?

Last edited:
I hope I'm not at all implying that they're a safe or viable alternative?

Best practice is a volumetric solution made with an analytical mg scale. Second best is a online bought mg scale + volumetric solution. A micro-scoop without a scale is never good practice, nor should it be practiced at all. 8-12mg is what is written on said scoop. I don't have a ug scale good enough, nor a metal microscoop stable enough to scoop up some molten lead to see what is the DENSEST a level scoop could contain. Would be interesting IMO.

Having WEIGHED out the microscoop quantity with a mg scale of the SAME exact substance, I only know for myself that is delivering a consistent even measurement for then making a small volumetric solution (though ideally it should be weighed and a single large batch volumetric solution made to smooth out inconsistencies in density).

I

Last edited:
Oh my god, what is going on here?! I thought I was unique.
On Balance CT 250

Horizon PRO-50A

So everything I know has been a lie. Where are they all coming from? They're all just re-skinned clones of the the same base model! So what's the source, which is the original, which ones are knock-offs?! Who do you trust now?

edit: Some digging reveals a chinese company called Alpha Scale for at least those top two.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Milligram-Scale-with-Max-50g_60122533503.html

edit2: Wow... this is it then. ALL of them! The Gemini Pro, the DIA-20, the Horizon Pro: lo and behold!
http://www.alpha-scale.cn/product_list.asp?class2_ID=43&classMark=1

Last edited:
^Crazy, AWS-Gemini-20 makes you think it's an American company, but honestly I didn't look into it.

I did find actual mg scales of apparent true laboratory analytical capacity for like 150 or so shipped on alibaba but as returning them would be stupidly expensive so never ordered one.

I wouldn't mind ordering a scale on alibaba because of the good discount, but unfortunately they almost all require bulk buys.

Nah, just tell them you're a retailer and you want to buy a sample to stock your shop. None the wiser!

Would the American Weigh GPR-20 be OK for weighing RCs? I read somewhere that the dynamic accuracy (when sprinkling) is actually better than the Gempro 250, staying within 1-2mg usually. That actually sounds pretty sweet and I don't wanna shell out nearly 150 to buy the Gempro. These ones can be had for around 60 on ebay which I might consider buying.