View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Salvia Thread - Second iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids these days think its all fun and games when they do something like DMT or Salvia, looking to just "trip out" for 5 minutes. But what they forget is substances like these can rape your mind if you are not careful or prepared.

Although DMT is quite intense, I can't imagine it leaving anyone in the same state as Salvia.

My worst trip ever was on an eyeballed amount of shrooms that was definitely over 5 grams and I was completely stuck in my head and mindfucked, but somehow I apparently moved around the room a few times. I got glimpses of reality with my friends trying to hold me down or shut me up (bad environment and could have broken shit or gotten in a lot of trouble), but I wasn't consciously doing anything. I was apparently kicking and banging the walls and yelling and all sorts of shit while most of the time just laying there mumbling stuff about there being too many voices. I also bit open my cheeks and there was dried blood all over my mouth that they were trying to figure out what it was the whole time.

Last edited:
DO NOT SMOKE SALVIA DIVINORUM!

Chew the fresh leafs from a living plant!

It's a very different and more enjoyable experience!

imagine hitting some 100x :) :)
i did and i was in a completely diff world for a good 10 minutes
was fun :)

Salvia is not really fun for me. Can actually be quite dysphoric. Although I would like to grow some just for fun.

Salvia is not really fun for me. Can actually be quite dysphoric. Although I would like to grow some just for fun.

Then make a quid and chew! I hear it's more enjoyable (or at least less unpleasent). But you don't have to not smoke all the time. Regardless of what some people say.

160171d1268974951-salvia-10x-492084.jpg

The Machine.

Angles, vents, spokes, repeating chambers each holding a slightly different microcosmic version of 'something'. The pic above of 'the machine' relates perfectly to salvia... I get it.

Aside from some incredible visuals, being sucked into a gravity well of dark 'Mother' matter, merging with the last few objects I had laid my eyes on... there was an instance where I was transported into a living, growing Salvia plant growing on a dirt roadside in Mexico.

With human eyes I saw the sky, saw an older man and a young woman, a cart... they spoke Spanish and I was literally there. My physical eyes were closed, yet I was seeing as clear as if I was outside in this distant spot.

No other substance aside from Salvia allowed me to do that.

Can someone explain......

what a profound salvia experience is like? ive smoked salvia many times, but only 10x. i have about half a bag of 10x left, and a bag of 20x im saving for a sunny day:)

ive read alot on erowid, but i feel like alot of the explanations dont fully cover it. or theres nothing that is purely salvia.

When i smoked salvia, i fully packed the bowl of a large bong with 35x and smoked it all in one hit. The universe folded in onto itself and I became part of the infinite machine of existence, sitting there as a small part in the greater scheme of things without a thought on my mind and no comprehension of what was going on. Only the strong sense of fear and the strong sense of forever. It was like in some way i knew that i was conscious of existing but wasn't conscious of who or what i was, and in some way i knew i was going to be stuck as a cog in the machine for eternity. Metaphorically and literally, like i WAS part of some infinitely long machine/production line of nothing yet everything. I would see the pieces floating by as i stamped them. Then the universe folded again and i was in a combination world of memories, dreams, and small bits of reality all mixed together in some weird existence. Eventually i came up to a moving truck outside of a house from when i was extremely young, and inside the back of the truck was the room in which i had smoked the salvia. Then i got sucked in, became part of the couch and got stock in some weird position and counldn't move, and eventually came back to reality as the universe reassembled itself piece by piece. Took me like a full minute after regaining consciousness to figure out that i had just tripped on salvia. While it's happening you don't have the SLIGHTEST idea what is going on and it's truly the meaning of pure terror in my opinion. Feeling a sense of infinity and eternity and the terror of being trapped in a dimensional void, is that profound enough?

I personally find salvia very uncomfortable and jarring, Ive had neutral experiences and bad experiences, never been fully good. I dont get euphoria of any kind either I just get WACKED out. My best time I was sitting on a couch ripped the bowl sat there for like 15 seconds. Everything sorta swirled in both my eyes and I immediatly had this feeling I was sitting in the living room of the house I grew up in and my buddy who was walking across the living room was my childhood dog. I didnt actually see this shit happening I just sorta got these really strong impressions that that was what was going on. Then it stopped I came back felt kinda shitty for an hour or something... the end. The other really good time I blacked out and had energy exchanges with a crablike woman living under the lake I was sitting in front of. Again I didnt see the crabwoman I just had a really strong convincing thought that that was what she was and that she was sending stuff to me and I was sending it back. Both experiences were cool, but very intense and not very comfortable.

hate that shit. will never touch it again. the first time i was with my gf and i had been seeing someone else. it warped me into another world with a talking dog beckoning, forcing, edging me to tell the truth to her. i cant remember if i was saying things outloud or not. then i became the "sound" of the letter 'T'. another experience rendered the same results. i thought it would be different the second time, knowing what to expect. but fuck no. i had a complete white out. it was like being unconcious where literally nothing was around me. just complete whiteness. someone/thing was talking to me, but the words were coming from inside my head. i became a sound again of a letter. iforget which letter sound i had become, but i do remember it coming from the distance and approaching as like "u-uu-uuu-uuuu-U-UU-UUU-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. i finally came back to reality. my gf said i lokked like i was having seizures and murmuring and shaking. its really difficult to explain my experience, but im scared of doing that shit again yo. fuck that just gimme some of that satty cause im a satty man, not an indy-ind :D

hi guys,

i smoked salvia twice until now, and while it was nowhere near a full experience, i definetly liked the effects it gave me.
I smoked plain leaves with a bong on a moderate base of alcohol (2 beers) and some weed and both times, i had nice CEVs (like colourful landscape-like patterns moving like i fly above them) and some decent audio effects (voices of my friens seemed louder and nearer to me).

of course i know, that a real salvia trip will me far more than that, but i'd like to go further with this substance because of the first experiences which were for me kind of enjoyable. My friend who has more experience than me (but only with leaves though) recommended me to go on a little bit with the leave as it is, because he thinks (from his own experiences) that with more practice with smoking salvia, it will gain more intensity.

what do you guys think? smoking leaves a few more times or switching to an extract (like 5-10x) right now? how were your experiences with salvia?

Last edited:
Salvia and Shrooms

Has anyone ever tried to mix Salvia and Shrooms together? I plan on doing this at Bonnaroo this year and was trying to see if anyone has done this and could share experience or advice. I've done both several times but never at the same time. Any suggestions?

After reading several pages of this thread. It's clear that People just are not smoking it properly.

For Best Results, the following method works:

1. Get a small glass bong
2. Use pipe screens in your cone piece to stop the small pieces of Salvia extract from falling through the hole
3. Use a Butane Jet lighter to burn it because Salvinorin A only releases at a high temperature
4. Inhale the entire cone in a single lungful
5. THE MOST IMPORTANT - HOLD YOUR BREATH!
6. Forget all of that 30-40seconds shit, just hold it as long as possible. By the time the Salvia kicks in you won't even be in the real world to exhale, you will naturally breathe again on your own, your body is good at involuntary breathing.

DO NOT SMOKE SALVIA DIVINORUM!

Chew the fresh leafs from a living plant!

It's a very different and more enjoyable experience!

this sounds good. i have highly unusual craving towards salvia right now

salvia is a strange psychedelic, definitely leans more towards a kind of "shamanic prayer" then the dream-like world of LSD

Has anyone ever tried to mix Salvia and Shrooms together? I plan on doing this at Bonnaroo this year and was trying to see if anyone has done this and could share experience or advice. I've done both several times but never at the same time. Any suggestions?

I've never done salvia while on shrooms, but I have done it while on acid and nitrous. I was on like hour 6 or 7 of my trip so I wasn't tripping as hard as I was a few hours before. I knew the salvia would make things crazy, but I kinda just wanted to see what would happen. I ripped a bowl of the salvia, hit a balloon, and then got blasted into full blown salvia world. I saw the craziest shit for a good 10-15 minutes, and it took me at least 5 minutes to remember that I had taken any drugs. For an hour after, I saw traces of salvia visuals and kept hearing voices that didn't exist. I fell asleep soon after and woke up completely normal. I'll never do it again, but it's something that I'm happy I've tried. If you're gonna do it while on shrooms, be ready for some seriously crazy stuff to happen.

Smoking salvia extract

So I went to one of the head shops in town and bought a packet of Salvia Divinorum 30x concentrate for me and a few buddies to try (as a Christmas present =D ). Luckily the stuff's still legal in California as long as you're over 18, but they still ripped me the fuck off.

Anyway, The packet was 1 gram and claimed to contain 120mg standardized extract (see below).

Can somebody give me an estimate of how much I would need to smoke for a fairly intense experience? I tried searching around (both on this forum and the interwebz) and couldn't really find much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a pinch and just keep taking hits until you enter salvia land. It takes around 3 large ones for me, but it could be less for you. Be sure to use a butane torch, and if you don't have one, roast the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.