View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Salvia Thread - Second iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just smoked a bowl of 20x, and well here is how my "trip" went.

The king and queen and all there silver knights were trying to do something to me, i was able to realize that i was human, and bigger then them so i disposed of the queen. Thinking to myself this is all just the salvia i just have to wait for it to wear off i then thought that it wasnt salvia and the only way to end the trip was to go along with it. The king then took me to the train station were they were going to steal my sanity.

i once decided to be a wise ass and smoke half a gram of 40x out of a bucket//pisser with a party bowl. i had 3 of my good friends each use a lighter and brew the beast for me.

I blacked out, like completely... and it literally lasted goddamn close to an hour and fifteen fucking minutes.

My friends said, i took the bucket and sat back on the couch. My pupils which were slightly big, shrunk as soon i had finished leaning back. They said my pupils were smaller than the size of pinheads. They also said i wasn't exhaling the smoke, it was more or less just pouring out of my mouth. I remember this because i feel as if salvia smoke is very resiny and thick i think it passed across my face. Pretty much as soon as i felt that there was no memory or going back. Let alone any control over where i was being taken.

Now this is where stuff gets funky apparently i got really active, i turned my head to look behind me and my only visual memory that i can attribute to honestly anything, is, i watched the building across the parking lot in my complex fall off of the earth like it was a cheap ass movie prop breaking apart into what looked like the mouth of maddness. aka.
A Giant mother fucking purple spinning vortex that held all of the known objects feeling sensations moments and actions all swirling around in one infinite display of chaos.

Now it was at this point, that i stood up and ran through the kitchen.
When i made it to the front door of the apartment my friend Nate stepped in the way.
and grabbed me by the arms, apparently i was immensely incoherient and i was babbling about how i needed to get outside to cut the threads of reality back because the seams of this world were splintering, They said that, well i was mumbling alot of stuff, but it all generally seemed to be about the same thing.

Kevin Grabbed my feet, Nate grabbed my arms and they tossed me into my bed.

I remember lying there and having a moment of immense clarity where i saw what looked like an egg getting fertalized on my celing.

eventually i came out of my room, i was really sweaty and my sweat stunk like salvia.

i couldn't recall anything that happened for about... a year, maybe a little more after it happened.

Other trip sessions with these friends would give me little blasts of insight into exactly what it was that i experienced, and all i can honestly and truely say is...

Salvia is like a black hole it sucks you in out of your dimension into a dimension of pure WHAT THE FUUCCCCK then replaced back into your dimension with all of the rules back in place almost immediately like nothing ever happened. It's a joke, a trick
mother natures way of saying Well Fuck you too. lol. ^.^ it's about that time of year...
i'm thinking i may dip my toes into that unlimited chaos.

I hear everybody with the uncontrollable laughter. I myself have experienced it, my buddy passed me a bowl i hit it and held it in for a while like you should. He said he wasn't going to do it so i said w/e and took the rip. Shortly after that i took a couple more and before i knew it, I was laughing my ass off in the most uncomfortable and awkward way ever.

Haven't touched the stuff since then but this discussion has spurred a wanting to try it again.

^Nice report. It bothers me that, I too, get up and walk around. That's the biggest reason why I haven't used it again in so long. It's potentially dangerous. I have had luck using it in combination with DXM, though. It took all the nastiness away and just left the mental aspect of the trip intact, plus it was the only time I didn't get up and walk around. Start with a low dose to test your reaction if you try it.

If you want a meaningful and "good" experience on salvia then you gotta ingest it the right way.

Oral or sublingually. Trips are totally different that way than smoked, it's more life changed and less "HELLISH and leaving you confused".

Salvia isn't supposed to be smoked, all indigenous tribes who have used it for centuries never smoked it I assume they know more about it than your average psyche user in western countries.

Don't smoke it, trust me. I've done it many times and I finally understand why I never had a good trip on it. Salvia is fucking with you when you smoke it, it's to persuade you not to do it. Be cautious and eat it orally, don't smoke salvia unless you want to be at the mercy of an angry spirit(salvia herself or whatever u wanna call her).

^^ Can you explain your sublingual experiences? What are the differences compared to smoked? And how do prepare your salvia for sublingual? I assume you use leaves. I have an oz. of dried leaf. Do you need fresh leaf to do it right?

Salvia: Only a matter of time?

I recently took salvia 10x extract, for the first time, without having a trip sitter, which I completely accept is not recommended and quite reckless. However, I took all other recommended precautions and I had the most incredible, wonderful, ineffable experience. I can scarcely put into words the multitude of positive feelings and emotions I experienced, and can't imagine how I could've had a more relevant, more meaningful, more enjoyable trip, nor how this drug could ever produce the horrific effects you hear about (although I don't doubt that it can, I simply can't imagine how it could).

I came out of the experience with a tremendous respect for salvia and despite how amazing it all was, I probably won't be using it again any time soon, and not alone, but I do know that I would like to use it again eventually.

That said, I'm worried that my second experience won't match my first, namely in that it might be a negative one. My questions being, is it only a matter of time before you have a terrible experience? Does my previous experience mean salvia "agrees" with me, and I'm less likely to have a horrible experience than others? Are there any precautions, aside from careful dosage, a dimly lit, calm, quiet atmosphere and a trusted friend sitting, that I can take that will help prevent any unwanted effects?

Thanks.

Hey Ink Cat, I believe I am just like you. Since 1998 I have had about 10 Salvia sessions a year, all of them positive. I do not understand some of the horrible things I read, almost as if people are talking about a different plant. The way some people get their ass kicked makes me scratch my head.

For the record, my first breakthrough was on 5x. Ever since that initial breakthrough I can use plain leaf just fine. One or two fat puffs from a large tobacco pipe and wham. However, all pleasant, all leaving me saying thank you, wonderful fullfilling afterglow, and a wonderful ally it is. Always always in a pitch black and completely silent room alone is how a session happens. Usually late at night. Dark and silent is a must for me.

Now if someone uses DMT I believe it is only a matter of time before a scary as hell occurance happens, but even with DMT 95% of the time it is pleasant and helpful. But I can almost say for certain keep entering the DMT space and you'll get spooked at least once. But then after that you'll be rewarded for your courage and they will be pleasant again. ;)

So in answer to you question, I do not think it is a matter of time with Salvia. At the very worst for me what happens is you are in the neighborhood but no beings come out to talk to you so it's an empty feeling. Not scary, empty.

I know some people will say they never had a good one, but for some reason Salvia likes me and really helps my mind get back to a centered perspective.

Last edited:
Do you guys get the pins and needles effect on your arms and legs? For me, that is the effect that sets the tone of the experience. The stronger those come thru the more difficult the experience has been for me.

^ Not so much pins and needles, but a gravitational force of twisting and pulling, like it brushes up against me back and forth. It is pleasant for me though as I ride it through. And as we know gravity is a hot topic in science, so there has to be something to that.

Thanks for your response JackARoe.

I didn't get a pins and needles effect, but I did feel tingly on my back and shoulders where I felt I was being pressed into my bed, although this was mostly as I was coming out the other side of the trip.

Another question I should've thought to add in my original post was with respects to dosage. I can't work out (despite referring to scales and stages people have listed) how close I was to either overdosing, or to not feeling anything i.e. did I take too much and nearly hurt myself or did I take just enough to experience mild effects?

I do know that I was no longer conscious of the room around me, although I didn't see many of the very vivid visuals as many people claim to (just my childhood bedroom and a playground I didn't recognise), but I had profound 'realisations' and sensations of 'understanding', like nothing I've experienced before or can even describe. I wasn't conscious for long enough after the hit to experience any laughter whatsoever. The biggest real effect for me was an incredibly powerful and subsequently tear-jerking recollection of my childhood, although that mostly took the form of an overall feeling and understanding, instead of a visualisation.

Is that near-borderline taking too much and freaking yourself out?

Thanks.

Is that near-borderline taking too much and freaking yourself out?

I believe as it has been said the whole experience is holographic. Meaning even tiny amounts expose the whole panorama of experience. Adding more just increases the awareness of it. I don't think there is a right or wrong amount. And for me just a few pulls of plain leaf lets me see it all, but not completely lose the room. Although in complete darkness and silence I tend to forget I am in a room myself. In fact at that level I'm sure if I turned on a light I may snap completely out of it. I know any small sounds snap me out of the trance. But then the trance engulfs me again.

But as far as amount I have no need for anything stronger than leaf. I see 20x, 40x etc... and think that is way too strong for me. The regular leaf itself is balanced. I do know others that say they need strong extracts. But 5x would be the most I'd want.

Again, I know I am in the minority in really liking and appreciating the Salvia space.

i personally never had a bad experience on the stuff, but after my first breakthrough experience, each salvia session has been less and less intense. it's now at the point that i don't even bother smoking it. i'd compare it to a heroin addict taking a vicodin.

i don't understand why though; i used the drug infrequently and have always bought a high extract. i hope you don't experience the same thing as I, and can continue to enjoy.

salvia is a very odd trip for me...really the only substance that has ever given me a bad trip

Tell you what Ink Cat I won't lie dude, my first experience with Salvia was on some 40x, didn't phase me. Nothing, didn't even trip I just couldn't stand or talk.

2 years later down, since I try everything twice I got some Salvia again, but was going to make sure to get the "good shit" and bought the 100x.

Packed a corn pipe slam full, hit harder than I could imagine. It felt like I could inhale more than 2x my normal ya dig?

Blowing it out, halfway through I turned to look at my trip sitter, and I felt what could only be described as a plastic sheet of paper sliding between my hips and upper torso like a hot knife through butter.

I had a great aspect and view of it before this occured, my mind was in the right place - great fucking day. That happened.

I than felt myself sliding apart into what felt like two separate halves and found myself hitting dirt, only to reach for someones hand who wasn't there, a giant Chess piece talking to me, saying I fell out of place and need to get back in order with the rest of the universe.

Turning in that direction I saw what looked like millions of trillions of people all connected at the back of the head to what I could call the Sun, except center of our universe and just pure white type deal.

I thank finally started to come through. As real as everything felt, I was significantly frightened by its effects and was off balance the entire day.

The next day I manned up and went back to my friends house, packed another corn pipe.

Had a blast, completely different trip, but same all together. Was amazing how realistic the shit that I saw was, I couldn't believe it. I wish I could describe this trip with you, but it was like we were all completely one - and together.

My problem was, I was unprepared for its true effects. Out of all the stories I heard, I still didn't believe it would make me "trip" because of my first experience years ago.

Would I do it again? Yes.
Would I trip bad again? I doubt it, because now I know.

I'm glad your first time was good, as far as I know everyone slips up and has a bad trip once in a while, but what helped me in mine when it felt like I was in a completely different universe is that fact that I know I would come back. The dude who sold it to me assured that I couldn't go retarded from it xD

Maybe with the thought of knowing how it reacts with you from a positive first round with it, you'll not have any problems, but no one can be certain :)

Have fun next round!

Isn't it strange that just reading about salvia can make my palms get sweaty and I can almost feel that gravitational pull.....salvia is just in a league of its own.

I recently took salvia 10x extract, for the first time, without having a trip sitter, which I completely accept is not recommended and quite reckless. However, I took all other recommended precautions and I had the most incredible, wonderful, ineffable experience. I can scarcely put into words the multitude of positive feelings and emotions I experienced, and can't imagine how I could've had a more relevant, more meaningful, more enjoyable trip, nor how this drug could ever produce the horrific effects you hear about (although I don't doubt that it can, I simply can't imagine how it could).

Glad to hear that. I don't know much about salvia. But for curiosity purposes, how many grams and how did u intake it? Thanks!

My strongest experience with salvia was a bong load full of the strongest extract (40 or 80x?) using a high temp cigar lighter. I fell to the ground, everything was purple and I felt like I was underneath some orb of energy or a small world...from what i remember. This was a straight up unpleasant experience. My body also felt pain/itchiness for some reason. Salvia is maybe okay in moderate to low doses, thank god it is such a short trip.

i thought i knew everything there was to know about psychedelic states. salvia wiped the smirk off of my face the first time i smoked it. the 3 second repeating time loop is exactly how it started. the downwards pull to the right- yep. echoing voices from some outside entity and strobing flashing lights while your body feels like you are tumbling in a laudromat dryer bumping and being slammed on all sides. i am very glad i tried it but i think once was enough for me. i feel like i learned more about myself and thats the reason i do drugs in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.