• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread

I'm new to growing medicinal mushrooms, I suffer from cluster-headaches and was told by a fellow patient that this is a natural-wonder medicine..and wanted to get some fellow BL's feedback ...here it goes - my substrate jars are just about completely colonized, ready to begin fruiting, but the directions I got from the grow kit company, are not very clear, and short..I do have all of the white perlite (1 big ziplock bag full, so about a pound) and was told that I should "fill that up to an inch in the "sterlite grow chamber"" they supplied me, "and then to drain the water, so the perlite is damp. Then to knock the cakes from the jars and to place the cakes upside down on top of the dampened perlite..and to wait 2-3 days. That's it..nothing else..maybe this is the "beginners" way of growing mushrooms, but I just want to ask some of my fellow bl's...as it didn't tell me when they'd be ready or how/when to pick them or anything...so today, I've been going searching around YouTube and have found all sorts of videos, but nothing about how to transfer the cakes inside the jars (all white filled with mycelium) -into the dampened perlite..and all of the youtube growers kits were extremely nice (some had humidifiers, hydroP's, etc.) ..I just bought the "beginners kit" as said above, it only came with a sterlite box (the terrarium, a lb. of white perlite, a few LED lights, gloves and a temp./humidity gauge... I am wondering if anyone could let me know what I should do so that I can have a good yield...if Anyone has Any info on how the "begin fruiting" stage...how to: from jars to terrarium filled with perlite, or any tips..I'd really appreciate it! Thanks. - Jon

Last edited:
hey trippers,

So sometimes mushrooms destroy my stomach, and other times I get wonderful trips akin to LSD in that there are barely any physical effects on my body.

I ate a big cap the other day, and it had zero physical impact on my body. I found myself in an intense lucid-dream like state for quite some time, complete with fucked up depth perception, massively dilated pupils, awesome visual distortions and colours. I also experienced blissfulness, a euphoria and openness as awesome as when I got when I used to take Mdma. I had a wonderful solo trip, and I have been very uptight lately but the trip has helped me to chill out since then.

I have taken them many times over many years and I notice that caps do not mess my stomach up, whereas stems tend to cause a "purging phase" where I experience horrible anxiety and physical discomfort as they are being digested, for the first 20 minutes of my trip or so before I "break through".

Is anyone else this way? I know it's agreed that stems and caps have the same psilocin content. This isn't what I'm proposing - I am proposing that for whatever reason, stems are really hard on my body, while caps are not.

I have eaten stems from this same batch of shrooms before. I was sweating like a maniac, had gut rot, and although the trip was quite enlightening these side effects kind of ruined it for me.

I think bone dry, white stems, I am totally cool with actually. It may be the bluish bruised spots that you typically find on some stems, or the stems that are too spongy. I think I will pick and choose the specimens that I eat a little more carefully from now on.

Maybe your body just can't digest the tough skin of the stems as well as it can the caps.
The blue spots are just psilocybin oxidizing though, nothing to do with digesting them.

Hey, new poster here. I was hoping someone could help me out by telling me if these shrooms look ok to eat. Thanks!!
9kwkK.jpg

g9eW5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i can tell you they basically look like cubes...if there is no funny smell or mold growing on them, they should be fine, but obviously with just a picture, we cant examine them

I am contemplating growing some of these. PF technique. Sterile technique. Sterile syringes. They don't grow around here much to my knowledge. I have some better hobbies like mountain hiking and photography but the attraction is psychological. I've had a few fresh ones and looking out my front door was a religious experience! Be careful and they will do you well. Just my 2 cents. It's better than sitting arond watching trash TV!

I am cultivating some of these using the PF technique - We'll see how good it goes. The jars have just cooled and it is time for Innoculation. My first experience with these was 20 years ago- on the shore of Lake Michigan. We were camping and watching the sun go down. OMG- we had an awesome experience! Not to brag but yes I will brag. It was incredible!

I've just begun cultivating these things and have only experienced them 3 times at the most. They
produce a feeling- of Awe in me- How bout You? It makes me feel like my brain is exploding but do you feel this way?
Jars and the PF technique! Hush baby Hush! Rhiannon! Fleetwood Mac!

Hey I'm new to this place and don't really know how to post. But I was wondering where can I find shrooms in Dallas ha its south of Atlanta I think should I check the woods or a cow pasture any other advice for finding shrooms is much appreciated

hey trippers,

So sometimes mushrooms destroy my stomach, and other times I get wonderful trips akin to LSD in that there are barely any physical effects on my body.

I ate a big cap the other day, and it had zero physical impact on my body. I found myself in an intense lucid-dream like state for quite some time, complete with fucked up depth perception, massively dilated pupils, awesome visual distortions and colours. I also experienced blissfulness, a euphoria and openness as awesome as when I got when I used to take Mdma. I had a wonderful solo trip, and I have been very uptight lately but the trip has helped me to chill out since then.

I have taken them many times over many years and I notice that caps do not mess my stomach up, whereas stems tend to cause a "purging phase" where I experience horrible anxiety and physical discomfort as they are being digested, for the first 20 minutes of my trip or so before I "break through".

Is anyone else this way? I know it's agreed that stems and caps have the same psilocin content. This isn't what I'm proposing - I am proposing that for whatever reason, stems are really hard on my body, while caps are not.

I have eaten stems from this same batch of shrooms before. I was sweating like a maniac, had gut rot, and although the trip was quite enlightening these side effects kind of ruined it for me.

I think bone dry, white stems, I am totally cool with actually. It may be the bluish bruised spots that you typically find on some stems, or the stems that are too spongy. I think I will pick and choose the specimens that I eat a little more carefully from now on.

Interesting idea! I tell you what...I have a trip planned for tomorrow and I will gladly perform a "cap-only" experiment to see if I get any less gut rot. I too get the same period pre-peak where I get nasty gut rot (never purging though...I have a stupidly strong stomach). Queasy, uneasy, crampy, "I don't need to puke yet but should I be close to a toilet just in case?". Pretty annoying, IMO. If I could be gut-rot free I would put shrooms higher than LSD on my chart of preferred drugs. If there's any credence to this it would be a great nugget of info for me, and many others like yourself, to use in the future! I will report back tomorrow evening!

1.5g~ of tea and no visuals :(. wasn't sure if the dose was to low or if it was just placebo but I felt confusion and a mild DXM trip without the throwing up. I will try again with 3g's and see if it works out better. any advice on what to do in the cold? stay inside or go to the woods?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CPWjXt_TJI

I just really liked this and wanted to share it with fellow mushroom lovers.

here's the full movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1JSOauVC2k

*copied from kevin's thread* *below are replies / comments*

NSFW:

thanks. i saw a review but haven't watched it. i'll check it out.

Cool, liked the movie. Mckenna made his appearance as well, interesting stuff

i enjoyed it. it was pleasant.

i know right, warm vibe through that documentary :D

Thanks for posting this!

Pretty funny video, do you want this to be added to the Media thread or Mushroom thread?

i think the mushroom thread is appropriate - It's a great thing to watch while tripping on mushrooms.

Did Shrooms for the first time :D

Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 149 LBS/Athletic
Dosage: 1.5-2.0 grams
Consumption: Chewed it up raw & swallowed it down with orange juice

It was an amazing/beautiful experience.
Most of the trip was taken outside while snowing at night.

My trip sitter (gf) did an amazing job of always talking/responding to me, playing in the snow with, & making sure everything was alright.

The only negative thing was the upset tummy in the beginning/end because of the shrooms. I ate chocolate to make it feel better.

Would do again!

Next on the list is low dose of LSD Blotter 70-90ug

Havent done mushrooms in years and i really mis them. I just <3 Psilocybin :) Planning to get one or two growkits in a few months when the summer starts. Last year i discovered 4-aco-dmt and it just amazing stuff and i never wanna be 'out of stock' from it.
Yesterday when i read this thread i got excited and wanted to try mushrooms this weekend but i cant get them fast. But i know the have the truffles here in smartshops and after some research i found out that that the biggest truffle farm in the world is only 25 miles from my home lol =D
To make a long story short, today i have this:

I guess its gonna be an interesting weekend;)

Here is my trip report:

First night i ate them fresh with some m&m's and 5 min after the last stone i puked them all out.. Very hard. I didnt feel anything. Second night i drink some thea and didnt eat the pieces left over. i didnt feel much that night. Very light effects.
For now i prefer 4-aco-dmt.

But i wont give up so easy. Gonna do another order and dry them in the fridge. Ill put some silica and paper towel in the closed box. Dark, cool and no fresh air wil keep the psilocibine mostly intact i think. After that i make powder of them in a coffe been grinder. The powder i will process in chocolate (au bain marie) and use it for lemon tek method. Lets hope i wont puke and trip hard :D

SO I'll be doing shrooms for the first time tomorrow, buying an 1/8th but I know that would be a high dose for a first timer. Was thinking about taking 2.5g and then re-dosing with 1g at some point to extend the experience and really savor it.

Is this a good idea? Is starting with 2.5g then re-dosing with 1g a good split? Any advice on when to re-dose?

My Costa Rica Cubensis cakes are showing life, looking forward to getting some nice fruits :)

I had done plenty of tryptamines, but never shrooms before, so I was glad to finally try a 2g liquid extract. The trip came on fast and reminded me a lot of 4-HO-MiPT, except with less visuals, but it was more euphoric (probably more due to the setting). It was a grand old time and I'd like to try it again at a higher dosage, but until I'm able to buy them dirt cheap, I'll stick to its analogues for now.

Last edited:
Hi, All.

It's been a long time (about 15 years) since I've done mushrooms, so I've forgotten what the real magic mushrooms look like lol. Well, It's not really 'LOL' moment considering I could pick the wrong ones and die. I noticed some mushrooms growing where I walk my dog this morning. I'm not sure if they're magic mushrooms or not. So, I've taken some pictures.

Could someone more knowledgeable than myself tell from these photo's whether or not these are indeed magic mushrooms, please?

Last edited:
None of those are liberty caps,i assure you,i used to pick these every year for about 10 in total and have found that every year they are becoming more and more sparse,especially in the southeast of the UK where i am,back in 2003 i was picking 1000`s this time of year,just for a look i went back a few weeks ago to the same spot...Nothing at all.

I really believe that our climate has changed that much as to effect the delicate mushrooms environment.

FOR HARM REDUTION PURPOSES I BELIEVE THAT THIS TO BE A VERY GOOD IDENTIFYING BOOK

You can get it many other places not just this site

http://www.jazmin-books.co.uk/index...ts_id=695355&gclid=CMC1qbb_78gCFcLnwgodebwG9A