• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread

Can anyone comment on the beneficial effects , other than less nausea, concerning this so called lemon-tek method ?

Earlier in this thread someone was saying it produces less potential anxiety, and an ungodly body high, compared to eating them normallyy. Can anyone comment on this as to any improved effects with this method??

question for someone about shrooms if they have mold on them do you think they can still be eating

Magic Mushroom size?

So I have a batch of fungus for the next get-together, and I was curious as to if size effects potency in these. They average maybe an inch tall, golden caps. I'm not too familiar with magic mushrooms. So does size of the mushroom count when dosing?

Well, you tend to dose by weight, so generally a larger mushroom will weigh more, and usually be more potent, but the alkaloid content in each mushroom can vary a lot, so it's hit and miss, and sometimes a large mushroom can have very little in the way of active alkaloids, while another small one can be extremely potent.

Also, merged :D

Actually, it is said that aborts (the little fungi that remains like a miniature mushroom while others grow) have a very high concentration of alkaloids. so really, its not in the size... pretty much everything is a bit of a guess with mushrooms (anyone remember the which part is best to eat, the cap or the stem), but overall i think the dose range is pretty forgiving. i mean if you will eat 2g of mushies, indeed you might get the experience of 1.8 or 2.2 but thats still a regular trip... probably why some prefer to do a powder of all that they have, makes for a more uniform distribution of substances.... but imho makes it a bit more prone to degradation in time.

Trying mushrooms soon

Hey everyone, i have decided to finally try magic mushrooms and ordered a grow kit + a syringe yesterday to grow them. I have lots of experiance with aMT (40+ times no upto 100mg's), a very very small amount of 2c-e and have tripped on acid twice and took DOC for my first trip. I have started reading a good few trip reports and looking up shit the past two days but im still unsure of what to expect from the experience as most people say, it was nothing like they expected. The thing is, with every other psy drug ive tried, it was pretty much what I expected if not even better. I was wondering what a good dosage would be for the first time? I know most peoples rule of thumb is to start very small then progress but my plan is to have a moderate to strong trip for a first time as the first time you take a drug, it is often the strongest as it is all brand new to you. I was thinking around 3.5g's (dried) as most reports with 2g (what ive been reccomended as a starting dose) don't seem to be strong enough or be anything that I want. From all my trips I have always wanted more visuals and to be more enveloped by the whole trip instead of still being half in reality. Not in a greedy i want more way but, with drugs I have always been interested in what happens when you push a dose and go a little bit too far and your whole world becomes something else.

Anyway my questions, How could you describe the visuals in a way I would understand them on a basis of what substances I have taken in the past. What are the CEV's, OEV's and halucinations like compared to my experiance? I am confident in tripping resonably hard as maybe I have just built up a false sense of 'security + experince' with my continuing some would say slightly overuse of aMT but whatever, it works for me as a placebo haha. Thanks in advance everyone loving bluelight now

3.5 grams of good shrooms should definitely leave an impression. lol

Visuals on a mild trip can be about nothing.

Visuals on a medium trip can be quite colorful and wavy. Walls breathing, things moving, stuff in the corner of your eye moving, slight confusion or medium confusion, over thinking things, feeling tough to walk and wobbly to walk, might be sweaty or cold or get hot/cold flashes. You should feel the fungus in your body making you shiver a bit at some point.
This is where I like to be when shrooming. Just above acid a notch.

Visuals on a heavy trip can be just as far out as DMT. Fractals, faces, melting things, you can get ego death or out of body experiences, you may "purge" and hate or enjoy it... you kind never know. If you did it with tea you might just go blind to a white light and laugh for 8 hours unable to comprehend the tv you are watching. Kinda unpredictable really what will happen in hefty doses like you are speaking of. Depends on ROA also.

Good shrooms you wont barf. I suppose maybe if you ate a ton of them.
But I think the ensuing trip would outweigh the negativity of the purge in your report. lol

I recently had some freakin' amazing shrooms and just two grams blew me away faces and ego death style when I usually munch a good eighth to see colors and walls breathing.

I had .65 of a gram the other day of the same shrooms for a pleasant body high, some mild confusion and some odd dreams. Then I got up at 2am and made a sandwich that tasted funny as hell, but shrooms always make me hungry. Then I came down playing Zelda ocarina of time.

Couldn't belive just .65 of those shrooms made a good threshold impression.

I should probably say you'll want sitters dropping a bomb with 3.5 g's of shroomies on your first time. You never know how strong they can be. I prefer to get a nice bag and test a little at a time. Even that two grams was way overkill for me the other day and I have done them a lot. Those ones were CRAZY potent. If you got the same ones I had or something for 3.5 grams on your first trip you'd probably go nuts without a sitter.
I totally started flippin out and didn't know what was going on. haha it's funny now but wasn't then. They felt like a truth serum and the truth was way too much to bare.

Those ones I could expect some visuals off just a gram. Nice body high too.

Just go easy on it. Get a large enough batch to start slowly.
Seems to be a reoccurring theme with psychedelics.

Last edited:
On taking a low dose of shrooms, i once took around 10 - 20mg aMT orally and had proper visuals and might as well have been on a regular trip once. Ecuadorian is the strain of the shroom spores I bought, maybe 3 grams or 2.8 might be better just 2 seems way too low for what I want, keep the replys coming dudes

Never tried aMT but shrooms can be just as nuts as DMT and MXE that I have tried. hehe.
Tread lightly. They can sneak up on ya.
I still love them to death.
There'safungusamongus.

2.5 g is normally a good dosage for an intense exp, but not absolute death and floor-melting.

an eighth can turn some people away, as with decent mushrooms, an eighth will Take You Down.

Shroom question

Have just had my second experience with mushrooms consuming 4g and did not find it to be so.....magic. The slight visuals that i got was like the dregs of vaping dmt but apart from some body load and a lifted mood from the average dose according to erowid I should have been pretty bent but I wasn't :S
Same as my first experience which was 3.5grams of a different harvest yeilded much similar results.

Compared to 1 average dosed tab, I get much more out of the acid than i have done with both shrooms experiences.

Is just a case of weak shrooms or is it I just get more out of acid?

Sounds like a case of really weak mushrooms,
OR maybe they were not dried properly, because fungi are generally like 90-95% water weight.

Could be the drying issue as mentioned above, poor growing conditions/bad strain, or pretty certain isn't good enough ;)

Only things I can think of. As said above, water weight is huge in them before drying.

Could be body chemistry; there are examples of people who simply do not get affected by mushrooms due to some enzyme activity.