• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread

how long had it been since your last shroom or lsd trip ?, could have been a tolerance issue, or it could have just been some weak shrooms, i have had some picked from the same patch but 2 weeks apart and they strength was really different, this year there have been plenty around and I have been experimenting with all kinds of different parameters, the ones picked on the full moon were 2 or 3 times stronger than those picked on the dark of the moon, also ones picked at midday were not as strong as some picked on the same day from the same patch but picked at dusk,

diet can also affect potency, if you had had (even by chance) a diet that had more mao inhibiting foods that would lead to a deeper trip, i find dairy (milk, cheese) or strong coffee or chocolate taken in the few days before a shroom trip can also radically change the effects.

Also shrooms are an unpredictable entity just within themselves, you never know what is going to happen each time, that is what makes them fun but scary at times.

kingpin, 4 grams dried = around 40 grams fresh. Mushrooms can be pretty variable in their psilocybin / psilocin content but even so 40 grams fresh of decent cubes for me was more than plenty powerful in a single dose, +++ / ++++ pushing +++++, or enough to get two people of a similar build to me ( 5'10", 140lbs ) to at least a +++. Can only think the drying went awry somewhere. Were they freeze-dried or put to dry in a low oven d'you know? Both can cause some pretty serious degradation of the psilocin content.

I don't know how they were dried Sepher. They were picked and dried by a friend of a friend. :S Seems that something they have done has affected potency imo.
As others have said I could easily up the dose but I'll rather keep my money for some acid if thats the case

I have a friend who ate a quarter of good ones and didn't feel a thing.

The drug itself is inherently underpredictable though. My experiences vary quite widely and I believe this may be due to different strains of fungi. And well at this point, my brain has been shroomified - so it is a tolerance issue with me sometimes.

Sometimes I don't feel much from an eighth, other times a gram of different mush will have me soaring.

I would try eating them on an empty stomach.

Could definitely just be a weak batch of shrooms and it doesn't necessarily mean the person who picked/dried them did something wrong (although it's possible). Weak shrooms are very common in my experience. Also I have found quite a lot of people (myself included) get more intense reliable effects off of LSD.

Mushrooms (as with most natural psychedelics) are highly variable. Even the same person with the same batch of shrooms can have a very different experience on 2 separate occasions. Also, they create a tolerance and have a cross-tolerance with several other psychedelics, so if you've done mushrooms or LSD etc in the past week or 2 that can greatly diminish the effects.

Last edited:
As others have said I could easily up the dose but I'll rather keep my money for some acid if thats the case

I'd be inclined to give them another try. You'll have to play around with dose but get it right and you'll have all the intensity you want from it. It's completely different in character to acid: more grounded, more organic, with a better body high, generally lots more comfortable and friendly. Love acid but it's a little abstract and alien. I'd do cubes in preference to it every time.

I ate 3.2 g of some cubes that were dried and powdered over two years ago yesterday. The experience was exponentially more intense than the 2.0 g of the same material I consumed the week prior. It can be fairly unpredictable how strong the effects can be even from the same batch of mushrooms and even if the mushrooms were homogenized in the way I did.

an eighth can turn some people away, as with decent mushrooms, an eighth will Take You Down.

So damn true.
I've had 1/8th of some common grade psyclobin that has barely got me off the ground,
then the same dosage of some way up north cubes that scared the living shit out of me (in sort of a good way, I just wasn't prepared for how intense they were compared to what I was used to as far as mushrooms).

I have some harmala freebase which I may consume with the same amount of shrooms and see how that goes.

^agree, I have some sirian rue seeds that I have been intending to take with either a low (lower than usual) dose of shrooms or with an oral hit of nn-dmt but cant get up the courage to try it out yet.

I have a brother in law that has gone a bit loopy after mao's were prescribed to him and that has me a bit concerned about them too, I am guessing though that whatever pharma mao his Dr prescribed would have been very different than just taking a simple natural product like rue seeds.

And of course he may have been a bit loopy anyways :)

Try it! I had a pretty sweet time using syrian rue mixed with MHRB (cooked / prepped to ayahuasca) that felt like a medium trip of LSD and mushrooms combined.

hmmmm, I have a goodly amount of syrian rue, MHRB, and shrooms at my disposal right now....you all make me feel like experimenting a little bit..

^ Thanks for the encouragement and re assurance, I still don't know about the mushrooms with rue though, I have a small P. viridis bush so i was thinking about trying the rue seeds with a few leaves of that boiled down in some way, i have a B caapi vine but it's way to small to go hacking into that yet so maybe the rue viridis will be a nice combo. probably straying off topic for this thread now but thanks again for the input.

hey trippers,

So sometimes mushrooms destroy my stomach, and other times I get wonderful trips akin to LSD in that there are barely any physical effects on my body.

I ate a big cap the other day, and it had zero physical impact on my body. I found myself in an intense lucid-dream like state for quite some time, complete with fucked up depth perception, massively dilated pupils, awesome visual distortions and colours. I also experienced blissfulness, a euphoria and openness as awesome as when I got when I used to take Mdma. I had a wonderful solo trip, and I have been very uptight lately but the trip has helped me to chill out since then.

I have taken them many times over many years and I notice that caps do not mess my stomach up, whereas stems tend to cause a "purging phase" where I experience horrible anxiety and physical discomfort as they are being digested, for the first 20 minutes of my trip or so before I "break through".

Is anyone else this way? I know it's agreed that stems and caps have the same psilocin content. This isn't what I'm proposing - I am proposing that for whatever reason, stems are really hard on my body, while caps are not.

I have eaten stems from this same batch of shrooms before. I was sweating like a maniac, had gut rot, and although the trip was quite enlightening these side effects kind of ruined it for me.

I think bone dry, white stems, I am totally cool with actually. It may be the bluish bruised spots that you typically find on some stems, or the stems that are too spongy. I think I will pick and choose the specimens that I eat a little more carefully from now on.

Last edited:
well for me every psychedelic i tried causes some discomfort on the comeup, even LSD (alltough it's nowhere near the 2c-e bodyload^^). i think this is mostly psychosomatic in my case. ymmv and stuff (;