• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nootropics The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread (Stack 2)

You think it is related to elevated irritability?

Wikipedia says:

Sensitivity may refer to:
- Sensitivity (human), the strength of physical or emotional reaction in people
- Sensitivity, the ability of an organism or organ to respond to external stimuli

I found that together with an increase of the second defined kind, also comes an increase in the first kind ^ . Which is not necessarily something I feel with racetams. I've been on noopept for only a few days now.

Today I have not taken it, to check if the nausea that has started to haunt me around the same time I started the 'treatment' is related. There are other factors so I am not convinced of the relation yet. Are other people aware of this being a common side effect?
The nausea may be choline supplementing or ACh in excess. I eyeball it, but in all likelihood I take less than a gram rather than more. Nothing close to the insane amounts others may be taking...

Hmm I take that amount with aniracetam as well yet few if any side effects. Maybe noopept causes significantly more ACh to be synthesized.

Generally I have found the effects of noopept favorable but not as strong as I expected, I'm interested to see how strong they are after 2 weeks. So far interesting but I doubt I would deviate from my normal aniracetam regimen. Perhaps infrequently to enhance and improve things like playing the piano? Although I like to do that as a daily thing... hmm will decide later.

Sorry it's a little difficult to accurately describe and remember a complex and subtle change in mood/perception months after experiencing it. The mounting irritability was very noticeable, but admittedly one that reared it's ugly head above the 30mg threshold. I dosed consistently more than that for a prolonged period. A more conservative regimen might go a long way to avoid this peculiar side effect. Don't think of slowly simmering anger, rather a constant sense of impatience accompanied with an increased readiness to take offence with stuff you'd normally be prepared to let slide without giving it a second thought. So yeah, maybe you're right.

Noopept like Piracetam seems to build in effect, increasing until reaching a plateau of some sort after a few weeks, which takes a few days to wane after discontinuing the stuff.

Just wanted to pop my head in and say I'm taking maca root powder (1 teaspoon daily) for sex drive and all I can say is...my cock is on fire. I feel so horny I almost feel like a predator. It's good stuff. Bye. :D

Just wanted to pop my head in and say I'm taking maca root powder (1 teaspoon daily) for sex drive and all I can say is...my cock is on fire. I feel so horny I almost feel like a predator. It's good stuff. Bye. :D

Hi, I'm Silvio Berlusconi and I approve this message.

heh, sometimes i feel like noopept is making the people *around me* more abrasive... there are times when some just seem so against me for whatever reason....
Not with noopept but with piracetam, the people around me pissed me off so much that I had to stop taking the substance.
I mean people are probably assholes, so what you experience is to some degree reality but at least for me the ability to cope with people was not there anymore.

Aniracetam is very social in comparison.

I have taken the aniracetam maybe 2 months now, one side effect could be that my face is more pale but then again the sun isnt shining anymore.

Positive effects are childhood memories, really 20+ years ago, could be placebo and anxiolysis and seeing the world sharper which is also cool.
Popping pills all day gets a little on my nuts

Last edited:
shipment coming soon, can't wait to try noopept.

I understand that there is a quite transient-yet-perceptible drop after consistent use, which fades into a permanent cognitive improvement.

As for ani and pira, those babies are absolutely incredible for maintaining clarity... not enough synergy reports however :)

I'd like to think I haven't built up a tolerance to Piracetam, but with the constant additions of other Nootropics to my stack I can't honestly say if I noticed its effectiveness at the current dosage declining.

I recently added Sulbutiamine to my nootropic stack, it has really been doing a pretty decent job with what I had hoped it would. I ordered it primarily for the mood elevation benefits that it claims to have, as well as to help ease my shyness and it has been working. From what I've been told I've become a bit more social this past 2 weeks which is what I was aiming for considering the line of work I am in involves constant communication between customers, potential customers, vendors, and other employees. Definitely a great mood boost!

I'd like to think I haven't built up a tolerance to Piracetam, but with the constant additions of other Nootropics to my stack I can't honestly say if I noticed its effectiveness at the current dosage declining.

I recently added Sulbutiamine to my nootropic stack, it has really been doing a pretty decent job with what I had hoped it would. I ordered it primarily for the mood elevation benefits that it claims to have, as well as to help ease my shyness and it has been working. From what I've been told I've become a bit more social this past 2 weeks which is what I was aiming for considering the line of work I am in involves constant communication between customers, potential customers, vendors, and other employees. Definitely a great mood boost!

What dose do you take of Sulbutiamine? or what is the recommended daily dose?

there needs to be an entire nootropics subforum

An idea for the feedback thread indeed, but I would not propose a whole separate forum considering there aren't *that* many nootropic threads. But that may be a problem on its own. Do other people think discussion in this thread is muddy because it comprises so many compounds? If so, we may benefit from splitting up racetam discussion - and maybe some other 'sub'threads although I can't readily think of how to subcategorize. Some help?

I feel nootropics in general warrant their own subforum. Perhaps there isn't enough discussion about them, most of what you'll find on here is over in ecstasy discussion.

I heard of piracetam on here and I can swear in the past two months I have been taking it I have experienced nothing but positive effects. It's spawned an entire new initiative in me that I haven't felt in a long time.

I am now constantly researching new nootropics and adding them to my 'stack'. I have been trying different ones on different days, different synergies. Still nothing but positive effects.

A general nootropics forum would be a great place for different users to post their experiences with nootropics and the assorted combinations.

Do other people think discussion in this thread is muddy because it comprises so many compounds? If so, we may benefit from splitting up racetam discussion - and maybe some other 'sub'threads although I can't readily think of how to subcategorize. Some help?
i personaly do, maybe if there was a subforum there can be separate threads for each chemical and maybe more people would engage in discussion.
its not imposible to use this type of thread though, just a bit more time consuming maybe

I've used longecity forums, that's all and well. But that's not bluelight! and bluelight is my favorite.

Happy to hear how piracetam has affected you as well, johannes. What choline supplements are you taking? I have found Alpha GPC to be better than DMAE or choline bitartrate, and thats with just a one week sample size.

I also like the addition of a little bit of noopept in combination with piracetam and alpha gpc.

Other regular components of my daily stack are:

Vinpocetine
Lion's Mane Mushroom
L-Taurine
L-Lysine
n-acetyl cysteine

On the way are:
Sulbutiamine

I can't wait to continually sample more. Through two months haven't had one noticable taxing effect on my body or mind. I have also done a few of these in mega doses just to see how I respond both alone and with other substances.

And the stories of piracetam with psychedelics couldn't be more true. Mind blowing.

Everything before this point has been reorganized into the Racetam subthread, please discuss compounds like piracetam there from now on! (link is in the OP)

Noopept should probably also get its own subthread...

discussion that is more general and comprising more than one type of nootropic is left here of course.

Cerebrolysin is a peptide-based drug product supporting the survival, stability, and function of neurons. Cerebrolysin decreases amyloid production, promotes synaptic repair, and improves cognitive and behavioral performance.

http://www.alzforum.org/drg/drc/detail.asp?id=39

Apparently it is a mix of peptides which is probably why a structural formula cannot easily be found. Injecting things like this seems overdone for a healthy person... but that's just me.

Not sure if cerebrolysin is actually nootropic, but if it is promotion of neurotrophic factors you want I would stick to noopept and if expanding those 2 other russian peptides would be where I'd start. I've forgotten their names.

can someone please comment on to following "one a day" nootropic stack? Are there any interactions I should be aware of?

20mg Noopept - Shorter acting racetam derivative
200mg Pramiracetam - Longer acting racetam
400µg Huperzine A - Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor
15µg cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3)