• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

yeah, the best would be to lay down or sit somewhere safe if you feel too disoriented. i never tried IM, i'm stil new to snorting it. I notice that when the taste gets in my throat i GAG! so i don't swallow it.

antigod said:
I've IMed up to 150 ml's without getting nauseous (perhaps if I was moving, I would get nauseous). The same amount insuffulated would have me vomiting. Just how much do you IM?

I have personally witnessed 2 friends throw up in a similar manner after taking only 40-50mg of Ketamine via IM injection. In both instances it was their first experience with the drug.

The ketamine experience can be an incredibly powerful one, especially for those with virgin receptors. It is not surprising that such an intense and disorienting experience can lead to nausea and/or vommiting.

SG

k

Isnt ketamine one of the only drugs that doesnt surpress the gag reflex hence its taken by children undergoing operations etc ?

so effectively if your sick during a k trip you have the ability not to choke on your own vomit, making it a lot safer than some other drugs ?

Had that happen to me btw, not a pleasant experience but does get better if taken on empty stomach and in smaller doses :)

J x

I have never heard that ketamine has, or lacks, any effect on the gag reflex. I think you are thinking about the fact that ketamine does not (in normal dosages) depress resperation, and hence it is used in patients considered "weaker" like the elderly and small children.

Actually it is used by paramedics and in ER trauma centers (where patients may have full stomachs) supposedly because it easier on the gag reflex than other anaesthetics, so maybe my anesthesioligist analogy was going a little to far. But you still don't want to be throwing up in a k-hole for sure.

morninggloryseed said:
I have never heard that ketamine has, or lacks, any effect on the gag reflex. I think you are thinking about the fact that ketamine does not (in normal dosages) depress resperation, and hence it is used in patients considered "weaker" like the elderly and small children.

Analgesia

"Ketamine is the analgesic choice in repeated IV doses of 0.2 mg/kg during evacuation of all severe trauma cases because of the positive inotropic effects and the fact that it does not affect the gag reflex."

taken from http://www.steinergraphics.com/surgical/manual06.html

i know when i was on my back being sick i rolled over onto my side automatically otherwise i would of choked on my own vomit ( nice t hought eek )

theres loads of stuff on the web about gag reflex, ketamine :)

I'm a paramedic who works in the ER. We give anti-nausea meds to folks who receive ketamine. The drug is only administered to children under 13 years of age due to the side effects.

You can get over-the-counter anti nausea meds and I recommend that you do so if you continue to indulge in Special K.

Warning: As others have stated, never - EVER - take ketamine while alone.

Try sleeping on your stomach with your head hanging over the side of the bed.

gloggawogga said:
Actually it is used by paramedics and in ER trauma centers (where patients may have full stomachs) supposedly because it easier on the gag reflex than other anaesthetics, so maybe my anesthesioligist analogy was going a little to far. But you still don't want to be throwing up in a k-hole for sure.

I've never used it in that manner. But hey, I've only worked in Texas. It may be different elsewhere.

I've never had any nausea on K. You may have to give anti-nausea drugs to people recieving K for operations but bear in mind the dose they'll be getting is massively greater than the dose you take to trip on.

Just make sure you're laying down and don't move around too much.

2c-e and nausea

I realise i'm not leaving much time for replies, but tomorrow i've been given the opportunity to try 2-ce, i've never tried any kind of hallucinogen before, the closest i've come is mild visuals from MDA and i've also had a few low doses of ketamine (never k-holed). I've read up on a few trip reports and it seems like i would like it. I'd be having a dose of probably around 10mg maybe less.

I'm just really concerned about the reported nausea that some people seem to have experienced. I hate feeling sick and i'm actually emetophobic (scared of vomit). i do have a pretty strong stomach, so i figure with a small dose such as this i should be able to avoid nausea and/or vomitting.

Does anybody have any advice on ways to avoid the nausea or even if you think it might not be a good idea to try it at all.
Honest opinions please i'm open to any constructive criticism or feedback.

-dreamzzz

Take it on an empty stomach like he says. If you get hungry, you can eat light meal or a snack any time after T+4 and you should be OK. At least that approach has worked for me. If you do get some nausea you can try weed (this will change the nature of your trip), ginger tea, or cola.

One tsp of ginger before, and take on an empty stomach. Also, I dont think this dose will cause too much nausea. I threw up the first time I took 2c-e but I took 18mg. I took 20mg last night and did fine. I think the more you take it the less nausea.

If you are familiar enough with weed then smoking a small amount before taking the 2c-e can help minimise the nausea. Just be careful; smoking weed near to or during the peak of 2c-e can massively increase the trippyness (though this is also worth remembering if you find during the peak that you are not tripping enough).

Also i'd not recommend taking too little 2c-e. In my experience it feels 'strong' even at weaker doses. Taking too little just leaves you feeling dissapointed. 10 mg's is a good starter dose. 12mg's if you are feeling more confident.

Also, what environment are you planning to take the 2c-e in? I would recommend a comfortable room with some chilled music which you may end up not leaving for about 8 hours.

I find ketamine gives me worse nausea than 2c-e, especially at higher doses.

does no one else think that 2ce might not be the best psychadelic to try for one's first trip?

2c-e is pretty hardcore. I guess it depends on how confident you are feeling.

2ce is kinda hard for the first time especially when you do it alone...I tried 15mg first time and it was pretty crazy

wow to be emetophobic must really suck...especially if you wanted to try new trips... i'm so used to throwing up now from all these different psychedelics heh heh... 2ce usually makes me throw up too, doesn't matter if i've ate beforehand or not. or else my stomach will just have this gurgling concert so i'll just force it so it'll feel better right away....smoking always helps, but i think the tension that happens from 2ce is really a pain in the arse... i like the visuals of 2ce but the tension sucks.

I just did my first dose of 2C-E on friday, and let me tell you it was crazy. I had some uneasyness and nausea at about the 1hour point but it quickly faded by the second hour. I have noticed that all psychedelic drugs ive tried start out kindof uneasy but it dissipates. Also Id like to throw out some respect to Fizzycyst, who told me to stay around 12 mgs for the first time last week. He was def. right, I decided to go with 12.5 mg, rather than 16. even though I cant wait to try 16mg, Im very glad I went with a lower dose 12.5 had some crazy visuals with some mind fuck, but Id love to get some ego loss with this chemical