• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

It could prove to be true for some folks though...just consider the manner in which some drugs reach different "plateaus" with higher dosages. I have noticed this with (obviously) DXM, as well as LSD (which I tend to be less anxious the more I take).

Well, I've mentioned this before, but here it is again... I've seen people puke on 5-meo-dmt and be completely unaware that they are even doing so. Just making the point that you don't have to be aware to puke. And for what it's worth, I've only puked once from this substance, but I ALWAYS have a bucket nearby when I do it. And ofcourse eating it with syrian rue made purge like I didn't know I could... not a good idea.

Smoking 5-MeO-DMT after ingesting syrian rue worked rather well for me, with very little nausea.

Eliminating Nausea on DXM

Just for all you DXM'ers out there, i'm currently off the stuff, but anyone come up with anything to stop the nausea associated with DXM, like pepto bismal or cannabis i hear works. Anyways there has to be something to help, for me nausea was pretty bad, never vomitted but it was a bad bad aspect of it.

Make sure you're not using any of the Benylin products, or dex syrups/caps that contain other active ingredients besides dextromethorphan hydrobromide.

If you're swallowing the right stuff then yes, cannabis will help for most people, but be careful; you may find that it significantly potentiates the effects of the DXM. As for taking meds which coat your stomach, I stopped doing this after ruining my first mushroom trip with Tums, so I don't know if they would work well with DXM, or limit its effects. I think I remember reading somewhere that certain anti-nausea medications can actually be quite damaging or lethal when combined with even recommended dosages of dextro-containing cough medications... so be careful8( Also make sure that once you've finished ingesting all the nasty syrup that you wash the taste out of your mouth with something, and try to keep the taste off your mind.

Besides all that you may want to consider finding some DexAlone gelcaps if they're available to you in your area, or ordering some pure DXM powder online, some people find them to be less nausea-inducing. However the general consensus is that syrup tends to yield more favourable effects.

I hope you find a way to get past this, DXM can be pretty fun when enjoyed in moderation.

are you referring to pure dxm hbr powder?

or cough syrup?

having a shitload of cough syrup is not good for your stomach, therefore it will send messages to your brain such as "there is a lot of nasty shit in me. dont put anything else in here, aight?" and your brain responds with nausea. cannabis helps, and it also intensifies the effects of dxm (whata bonus). taking a single 25mg benadryl (do not take more as it is dangerous to mix antihistamines) may help. Someone with more psychopharmacological expertiese may want to chime in on that one, cuz I dont know how even a tiny dose of motion sickness medicine could interact with a large dose of DXM in a bad way.
if you still have problems, make sure you ingest your syrup on an empty stomach.

on a side note, dont even do that shit at all.

if your talking abotu pure powder (wich is damn easy to come by if you put the slightest amount of effort into it), then your stomach is both upset from the presence of a chemical that is less-than-difficult to digest, and also from the reaction to an altered state of consciousness. Its quite common to feel nausea on many different drugs, especially psychedellic drugs. Again cannabis or a *small* amount of motion sickness medicine can help. For me, the best thing to do is find something to distract you, and you will completely forget the pain/agitation whatsoever.

^^^
Yes, keeping your mind off of it by concentrating on other things will help significantly.

Also don't go into the trip expecting to fight nausea, due to DXM's psychedelic properties it will play off of your expectations: if you expect to feel ill, you probably will.

after about 2 hours, i just throw up and my nausea is gone and my trip kicks in like crazy. Try that if youre ok with throwin up.

THE WOOD said:
I dont know how even a tiny dose of motion sickness medicine could interact with a large dose of DXM in a bad way

From The DXM FAQ on dextroverse:

4.11.2 Antihistamines

The antihistamines operate by blocking histamine receptors (see Section 10.1 for an explanation of receptors). Peripherally, this has the effect of reducing the symptoms of histamine activity (stuffy and runny nose, itchy eyes, hives, rashes, etc.) associated with infections and allergies. In the brain, histamine is partially responsible for wakefulness, and antihistamines that cross the blood-brain barrier will cause sleepiness. In fact, most OTC "sleeping pills" in the USA are really just antihistamines (although melatonin is making inroads as an alternative). There are antihistamines that do not cross the blood-brain barrier (e.g., SeldaneTM) but these are prescription in the USA.

High doses of antihistamines can result in dizziness, impairment of concentration, extreme sedation (or, paradoxically, insomnia), headache, heart palpitations, dry mouth, gastric discomfort, delusions, and abnormally high blood pressure. Doses of 30-60mg/kg have been fatal in very young children; most adults, however, are very unlikely to overdose on antihistamines. Death, when it does occur, is from cardiovascular collapse or respiratory arrest (8). High doses of prescription antihistamines are much more dangerous; do not mix DXM with prescription antihistamines!

The danger of an antihistamine overdose is very low when using a DXM-containing product recreationally. However, you will most likely experience some unpleasant symptoms, such as sleepiness, dry mouth, heart palpitations, etc. These side effects increase as the dosage increases. A very small amount of antihistamines might be useful in preventing DXM-induced histamine release.

Conclusion: Traditional antihistamines may be suitable for first and second plateau dosage levels, but should not be used at the upper plateaus. NEVER use DXM with prescription, non-drowsy antihistamines!

Whenever I took large doses of powder (700mg or up), I would feel nauseous on the come up. I always took my powder on an emtpy stomach, but one time, I ate some chicken nuggets and french fries about an hour before I took my dose. Effects started about 30 minutes later than normal, but I had no nausea at all.

My friend has also used Bonine (meclizine hcl, aka Dramamine II) successfully.

If you are using syrup, I have nothing to suggest.

Ginger has been clinically proven to be more effective than both dramamine and ginger.

Only use cannabis or ginger!

Ketamine and nausea

Ok, so last night we cooked up 2 vials of K. We all do a healthy sized line. (everyones 1st time with the exception of one) everything was great, we were watching the Animatrix feeling good- and then one of the guys grabs his wife's purse and pukes in it! I had no clue if this was really happening or not, oh, but it was:(

Somehow my husband is walking all over the place and gets them a trash bag. Now both of them are constantly puking for the whole hour. unbelievable. I was so worried. I fed them sugar, because I heard that it brings down the trip, they kept puking. I could not enjoy myself because I was so worried about them, oh and my furniture.

So, has this ever happened to anyone here? Is this a NORMAL thing? I am planning on doing it again tonight, to fully enjoy it, but, I know they will NEVER do it again.

Tiff

nausea on ket .. yep .. thats why falling into a khole can be dangerous if you choke on your own vomit if theres no1 to help you at the time ..

id suggest perhaps trying smaller lines and bumping every so often with a little more if needed/wanted rather then jumping in the deep end with a "healthy sized line"

I've IMed up to 150 ml's without getting nauseous (perhaps if I was moving, I would get nauseous). The same amount insuffulated would have me vomiting. Just how much do you IM?