• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

Wow, I would not even be able to think about throwing up on 5MeODMT. I think it's even too intense on me to comprehend the "idea" of throwing up, or the idea of nausea. Everything exists and nothing exists... I can't move either... so I'm not sure myself.

I say purge, purge, purge, anytime I get nausea from tryps, puking always helps. I always feel better after, that is unless you can't move, that might be another issue. :)

I do know of some close friends using regular dramamine tablets (2) while using certain tryps to counteract the nausea. I have been told that works well too. I have never tried this, because the only ones that have made me purge were DMT in the form of ayahuasca, and a combo of 4g rue/4g p. cubensis dried (holy shit). Every time I threw up, I felt better and better, that is why I say purge and puke.

I also get alot of nausea on 5 MeO-DMT, I notice it at even small doses. I have never puked from it, but I have seen people purge from this one. As the dose gets higher 8-14 mg, I find myself concentrating on the rocket ride to the moon too much to care about or even acknowledge what throwing up means.

Yeah, so try some dramamine about one hour before, I bet that would help. And the less food, the better, like said before. Hope this helps!!

Much love

great info till now guys, thanks:)
i got some Pramine, will that work good?
is there any risk of mixing 5meodmt with another substance?

Everytime I smoke a higher end dose of 5-MeO-DMT I find myself getting nauseous. I think it is part of a fight or flight type of reaction due to my anxiety concerning the feeling of my heart beeting rapidly/the pressure-glowing sensation in my chest. I also think that this chemical is very good at prompting your body to purge impurities. Often when I smoke it, I find my body wanting to get some crappy no good for me food out of my stomach, or sometimes I actually cough/gag until the tar speckled phlegm from my smokey lungs spats out. I also sweat alot on this chemical, much like I do with salvia, and I believe that too to be a process of toxin expunging. Just my 2 cents.

I believe you should go with the purging if your body prompts you to do so.

You didn't smoke enough. If you still felt your body, and were conscious to the fact that your stomach was not feeling right...then you simply didn't take enough. I too experienced nausea on low dosages, but at a full dose...there is no body left to not feel good.

general rule for psychedelics tho: if you feel like you need to purge, go ahead and purge. Your body and mind will thank you afterwards.

I like MGS's advice tho. You ought to try a higher dose before you start scarfing ginger and pot to ease momentary nausea.

morninggloryseed - you are probably right. i remember that my first trip was very intense and i didn't really notice the nausea until my friend asked me if i feel sick too.. so perhaps is also psychological?

next time i'll try a bigger dose (maybe you guys can reccomand me a good dose too?), and i'll watch out with what i eat first;)

If you still felt your body, and were conscious to the fact that your stomach was not feeling right

Yeah, that feels like it could do it, but if the smoker has a tendency to get nauseous when smoking this stuff, they may break through and throw up at the same time, which i guess could lead to all kinds of problems.

Antiemetics is what you are looking for.

chlorpromazine / prochloperazine / zofran / droperidol / dexamethasone / odansetron / cyclizine / metaclopramide / promethazine...

"I agree that further studies should be designed to establish the usefulness of cannabinoids as adjuncts to modern antiemetics like 5-HT3 receptor antagonists, but the principle point here is to find the most promising cannabinoid or cannabis breed. This opens also the way to separate the psycho-active side effects from the therapeutic action."

Quote taken from http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/eletters/323/7303/13

Cannabis may have antiemetic effects, but that depends on the mix of cannabinoids in the breed.

well im about to get ready to have another try. this time i think i'll take about 14+mg. i didn't eat anything in the past 13 hours, so im pretty damn sure my stomach is empty.

i'll up date later how things went;)

morninggloryseed said:
You didn't smoke enough. If you still felt your body, and were conscious to the fact that your stomach was not feeling right...then you simply didn't take enough.

I think it's horrible advice. As you have said yourself to countless of other people, everyone's different and thus will react in a different way.. Taking a higher dose to counteract nausea should work in theory (no ego, no body, etc.), but have you ever seen someone puke on a higher dose of 5-MeO-DMT..? No you haven't, though I have and comparing the two experiences, I would say that the person in question had far more trouble with the latter (high dose 5-MeO-DMT). I've also had a fair bit of nausea on a higher dose, but not during the entire experience, only in the beginning.. Nausea doesn't magically dissapear when you take a higher dose, it's all highly subjective.

well i tried it again - about 13mg(+/-), on an empty stomach. i smoked it with some weed.

after about 5 seconds i noticed the effects starting. first it felt very weird, then it shaped into a huge intense nerves overload and every movment i made followed by trails and basically i felt like i was moving underwater.. i noticed some nausea at the peak (tho i can't really recall now how strong it was...), but deffenetly not as stong as it was on the previews trips. i tried to ignore the nausea and just go with the flow, which helpped a bit. after what seemed like few minutes the nausea was gone and i was left with a strong body load. no much visuals tho, just a very very "unusual" feeling all over.

at some point i decided i should take a walk in the woods.
walking outside was extremely pleasurable, the feeling of the sun on my skin, and the warm summer winds were amazing. over all i felt very good physically and mentally.

i believe once i'll find my right dose i'll be able to play with it more.

i got another question - does anyone know the reason why we get sick on 5-meo-dmt?

Blowmonkey said:
I think it's horrible advice. As you have said yourself to countless of other people, everyone's different and thus will react in a different way.. Taking a higher dose to counteract nausea should work in theory (no ego, no body, etc.), but have you ever seen someone puke on a higher dose of 5-MeO-DMT..? No you haven't, though I have and comparing the two experiences, I would say that the person in question had far more trouble with the latter (high dose 5-MeO-DMT). I've also had a fair bit of nausea on a higher dose, but not during the entire experience, only in the beginning.. Nausea doesn't magically dissapear when you take a higher dose, it's all highly subjective.

Actually, in general the nausea does dissapear at higher levels, at least for most. I am not basing this on just my experiences, but on that of many others. I've shared 5-MeO-DMT probably more than any other psychedelic.

BTW, I simply said, "you did not take enough." It was a comment, not advise. I did not recommend a dose, or tell him to smoke more next time. I did not say, "smoke 25mg." I said, "you did not take enough."

I do not see what is so irresponsible about a comment.

Also, I have seen someone puke at a larger dosages. Two actuallly. However their vomiting was not nessessarly triggered by nausea, but was somewhat content-related to the trip they experienced.

But it was a little amusing how you can assume to "know" what I've seen. You been hanging out in my brain? ;)

Blowmonkey said:

Ah yes, pot to kettle, you are black. Its permissable to suggest someone take other drugs (one recreational, one pharmacutical) to self-medicate nausea, but its not ok to suggest that a person take more of a drug thats been in use for several thousand years. Somehow, if someone posted a similar question about pot, your reaction would be different.

morninggloryseed said:
But it was a little amusing how you can assume to "know" what I've seen. You been hanging out in my brain? ;)

On a head full of acid, everythings' possible.. ;)

And yeah, please just disregard my above rambling.. I'm going to rephrase it once I've given myself some rest. Hehe..

as i see it the higher the dose will be the stronger the nausea will be... at least for me. anyone can asnwer my question? why 5-meo-dmt makes you sick?

I still believe it is related to some sort of flight or flight reaction to the extreme and rapid shift in consciousness that 5-MeO-DMT can induce, especially when smoking it. My reason for thinking this is based on my own personal experiences. The more I allow myself to not think about what my body is experiencing (i.e., rapid heart beat/chest glow-pressure) and actually just experience it, the less nauseous I feel. Taking deep and steady breaths helps alot as well. It doesn't hurt to have a sitter as well, and not so much for a safety issue (although this is always a good thing to consider when taking drugs that can alter your sense of setting) but moreso for the sake of just knowing that someone's got yer back. It really does help cut out the fear. Remember," fear is the mind killer." Fear can make you hold on to your sense of self like a hungry dog would a bone. I also find that air conditioning, or a fan of some sort also helps me for two reasons; one that it helps reduce the body load type sensations (i.e. sweating and such) and two it also provides a nice blanket of white noise to reduce enviornmental stress inducing noise, like traffic, neighbors and such.

5-MeO-DMT has been refered to as "chemical terror/chemical bliss," and I think the polar nature of that descriptor is another key to learning from this substance. I won't go any further with this thought, because I believe that it is important for anyone using this drug to ponder the nature of duality and how it effects the mind/body situation for her/himself. Just remember that you needn't necessarily struggle to maintain your boundary lines...all is one and all is maya.

Just a comment, not a suggestion, but I find that taking a very low dose of a benzo before smoking 5-MeO-DMT takes the edge off the anxiety. I may have to smoke a little more to achieve strong effects, and you could certainly argue it is "cheating" the full experience of the drug, but it is much less anxiety-inducing, and hence might help people avoid anxiety-induced nausea.

Personally I've never felt nausea from any dose of 5-MeO, although I have felt headachey and generally ill for a whlie afterwards.

atlas said:
Ah yes, pot to kettle, you are black. Its permissable to suggest someone take other drugs (one recreational, one pharmaceutical) to self-medicate nausea, but its not ok to suggest that a person take more of a drug thats been in use for several thousand years.

Yes atlas, my argument was a bit off, but now you're just stretching it.. No, it's not okay to tell someone to take more of a drug (to counteract nausea) when "it's been in use for over thousands of years".. That it has been in use for a long time is saying nothing, increasing dosage with Datura doesn't make it safer, though "it's been in use for over hundreds of years"..

Fact is, Cannabis has been used for a very long time to counteract nausea, Benadryl has similar medicinal properties. When someone increases the dosage with 5-MeO-DMT, then what will it do to nausea? Nothing, it will most likely only make the person more uncomfortable as he was before. Sure there can be possible interactions between 5-MeO-DMT and Benacryl or Cannabis, but there's more risk involved when you increase the dosage of such a powerful mind-altering compound.

Somehow, if someone posted a similar question about pot, your reaction would be different.

Give me an example, I'll respond to it. Just know that I don't think pot is the holy grail..

I did not recommend a dose, or tell him to smoke more next time. I did not say, "smoke 25mg." I said, "you did not take enough."

But what does it imply ("increase dosage")..? And increasing the dosage won't do anything to decrease nausea, agreed? That's why I thought it was a bit unnecessary to post that someone should take a higher dose of something.