• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP Thread - Part 2 - 'Foxphenny Methoxphenny'?

Thanks MSK and levels, are you just talking about holing doses or is it dysphoric and cold at lower doses too, or is it a nice body high? I've read a few reports that it had a warm, vibrating body high at lowish doses. Would you say that it's worth trying, since I already have some?

I found that 75mg orally (with 15mg oral THC and ~100mg indica cannabis inhaled over the duration of the experience) produced a warm, very enjoyable body high (perfect for watching movies) and a pleasant disconnect.
Didn't find it even remotely cold and clinical- /diphenidine/, I found cold and clinical. Ymmv, but I found this to be an enjoyable and forgiving compound (I first sampled it while suffering a bad cold, and it provided a high degree of comfort)

Thanks for the info! I usually titrate with dissociatives very carefully so I only want a mild buzz and dissociation to start off, don't really care about visuals.

Would it be safe to try a threshold dose later today?
I took just under 2mg clonazolam (I have a tolerance and this is actually a slight taper for me)
And 50mg adderall IR so far, might have a little more.

Would serotonin syndrome even be a possibility or would blackouts be a possibility even though I'm on a moderate/lower than usual dose of benzos? Also, I've always been really good with not compulsively redosing with RC's and I definitely don't think I'm disinhibited enough right now for that to be an issue. But just to be safe, I'll probably have my BF dose me and hide the stash.

Last edited:
Thanks MSK and levels, are you just talking about holing doses or is it dysphoric and cold at lower doses too, or is it a nice body high? I've read a few reports that it had a warm, vibrating body high at lowish doses. Would you say that it's worth trying, since I already have some?
it for sure deserves to be tried at least, where I found coldness and apathy you can find your holy grial. It's just that having warmer disos at disposal, I prefer them to the -phenidines.

I found that 75mg orally (with 15mg oral THC and ~100mg indica cannabis inhaled over the duration of the experience) produced a warm, very enjoyable body high (perfect for watching movies) and a pleasant disconnect.

I'm happy to report, that MXP with weed, gave me the most incredible experience, along the lines of nohandsjoe's experience.

Blissfull <3

last chance saloon!

I'm happy to report, that MXP with weed, gave me the most incredible experience, along the lines of nohandsjoe's experience.

Blissfull <3

Sadly, multiple oral/rectal admins tonight seem dud.... No dissso effects at all :\ and this high plugged/large oral dose (250mg total) is last chance salloon!

Wish me luck! <3 =D

MXP is not at all similar to ket, 2f-ket or 2-oxo-pcm. For me it was another dirty -phenidine without any magic. Like a more stimulating diphenidine, but still dysphoric and lackluster.

Noooot. Of course it is not similar to the mentioned. But it is also not at all dyphoric. It is melancholic, helps incredibly with crying (letting it out) and cleansing IMHO.

I've been researching the psychoactive properties of legal diphenidine for about a week now and haven't yet layed eyes on any clear results about whether it is less harmful to snort or swallow this particular drug. Both options obviously slowly destroy your cells but is your digestive system more fit to fight it than your respiratory canals?

I'd like to add that so far I've only been researching one case in which the hole is described almost as an NDE, and the after effect (more than 24h after the last line) is that of an epiphany : continuous energy and motivation, depression gone, enhanced confidence, enhanced memory, enhanced musical sensibility, proprioception (dyspraxia almost gone), anxiety gone, healthier lifestyle in general (eat, drink, work out, communicate, clean better than ever)...

Hasn't been long enough for me to formulate any solid conclusions but i'll keep posting my research for those in need of more data

After trying a small test run dose of around 20 milligrams last night I have to say I actually quite enjoyed the effects of this disso. It seems underrated to me, and strikes me as a good niche dissociative. I didn't get much euphoria or magic from it, but combined with a nice indica this dose actually put me to sleep and had me feeling fuzzy and warm. I am sure the effects are much different in the higher dosage range, and would like to try at least 35-50 mgs next time. It also seems like a good dissociative to combine with another disso as a means of potentiation.

Does anyone know about the shelf-life/stability of mxp? I have a decent amount and I was thinking of keeping it in amber glass vials stored in a cool, dry area. That should be good enough, right?

^I'd bet some good money that it will outlive you in those conditions; as far as I can tell from my experiences, tryptamines are the only substances to really fuss about when it comes to storage. I keep my lysergimides in room temp and I haven't seen any degradation at 2+ years time. Things like MXE, phenethylamines, etc. seem to have an amazing shelf life. I don't have any MXP myself but I'm sure it would be as stable as any of its relatives.

^nice :)

I've really been enjoying MXP so far, it feels like a cleaner and more clear-headed DXM to me, it has a nice, numbing body high that's pretty strong compared to the other dissos I've tried.

The body high I get from dissos is something I seek out, perhaps I should give this one a look. It just bothers me that doses are in the 100mg+ range most times. I worry about pissing out all 60mg of MXE metabolites when I indulge in that, so I have to wonder what MXP does to the kidneys.

It's not an arylcyclohexamine, it may not have the same bladder irritating properties.

The body high I get from dissos is something I seek out, perhaps I should give this one a look. It just bothers me that doses are in the 100mg+ range most times. I worry about pissing out all 60mg of MXE metabolites when I indulge in that, so I have to wonder what MXP does to the kidneys.

So far, I've only gone up to 45mg and still get a nice body buzz (I always smoke weed with dissos too), I'm planning on trying 50-60mg today. From what I could find, it shouldn't be that damaging to the urinary tract. I have unrelated kidney issues and actually just recovered from a kidney infection recently and I've noticed no ill effects from the mxp, it didn't even cause any urinary retention at the doses I've tried so far, unlike 2f-k and ketamine. Not that I'm saying it's perfectly safe, but I've had zero issues so far and I usually notice them right away. Anyway, I thought even arylcyclohexylamines generally don't cause kidney damage unless you really abuse them? I thought they targeted the bladder mainly, but I could be wrong.

ACHA's don't really damage the bladder either unless you abuse them, it appears to be dose-related but is hard to avoid for more types of 'enthousiastic use'. Speaking of ketamine, yes with abuse there is damage done to the kidneys but a little less so or less noticeably than the ulcerative cystitis in the bladder. Even a bit less than that, there's also possible issues with the liver or more specifically the gallduct which can get blocked by some kind of hypertrophy.

I don't think we really know what makes ketamine (rather, it's metabolites) so irritating, it seems possible it is limited to things like MXE and K which metabolize to their respective nor-metabolites, while these piperidine derivatives hardly have that kind of metabolite at all. Just giving a wild example of a possibility.
Also: these lipophilic dissociatives like the PCP type stuff and diphs take a lot longer to clear so it just might be that they don't build up such high concentrations in the urine sitting in the bladder as K does, which is really most likely the crucial factor.

Last edited:
Okay thanks. Yeah, I mean for about a year or two (hell if I remember) I was using MXE once to three nights a week, and after a while I did begin to have concerns for my organs. At this point I'm long departed from that though, the disappearance of Mexxy has given me the control to use it only once or twice a year now.

I've had my eye on diphenidine longer but I can't seem to source it, while MXP is readily available to me. Perhaps I'll grab a sample with my next acquisition.

Thanks for clearing that up Solipsis, it makes a lot of sense that the high concentrations of K sitting in the bladder might be the biggest factor in organ damage.

Cream Gravy, I think a sample is definitely worth trying. I did about 80-85mg last night and loved it, still no urinary issues whatsoever and the body high was fantastic and totally relieved any pain I was in. Next time I'm going straight for a 100mg dose. So far, it's the most clear-headed disso I've tried but I still have to try the PCP analogues and ephenidine. I was curious about diphenidine too but a lot of reports said that it felt cold and clinical, even dysphoric, so I might skip it. Then again, many people find MXP to be melancholic and it's been nothing but euphoric for me so far.

Thanks for clearing that up Solipsis, it makes a lot of sense that the high concentrations of K sitting in the bladder might be the biggest factor in organ damage.

Cream Gravy, I think a sample is definitely worth trying. I did about 80-85mg last night and loved it, still no urinary issues whatsoever and the body high was fantastic and totally relieved any pain I was in. Next time I'm going straight for a 100mg dose. So far, it's the most clear-headed disso I've tried but I still have to try the PCP analogues and ephenidine. I was curious about diphenidine too but a lot of reports said that it felt cold and clinical, even dysphoric, so I might skip it. Then again, many people find MXP to be melancholic and it's been nothing but euphoric for me so far.

That makes sense if you didn't tried PCP analogs :) MXP is melancholic in comparision with most of the arylcyclohexamines, but in comparision with diphenidine is pretty euphoric and warm. I enjoyed the 5g's of MXP I ordered back in time, but after trying 3-MeO-PCP/PCE and 2-OxO-PCE/PCM, I know I've got better compounds to choose from, so it's improbable that I'll ever spend a single euro on this compound again.

About diphenidine, it's indeed cold, disphoric and clinical without needing to compare it with anything. Like a hardcore version of ketamine without euforia, more amnesic, and with a lot of confussion. Really interesting to try, but I wouldn't touch it again even if I was paid for it. The only dissociative that lead me to the hospital after collapsing on the floor, can't remember a shit about my experiences with it :(

^makes perfect sense :) I do have quite a lot of experience with dxm and 2f-ketamine, and ketamine to a lesser extent, and I'd rate MXP as more purely euphoric than any of those, but I'm greatly anticipating trying the 3-MeO-PCx and 2-OxO-PCx compounds =D

Diphenidine sounds intense, sounds like something that should be reserved for those who want to experience a balls-to-the-wall disso trip, but I think I can skip out on that one for now. Ephenidine sounds nice though, I have some but have yet to try it. I've read that it's more along the lines of MXP, but perhaps even warmer and more euphoric. I'm not really interested in holing on either of these substances, I just enjoy the high, particularly the body high. And of course, the music enhancement ;) One thing I love about MXP is the energy and clarity of mind, it makes me want to move and it's one of the few dissos I could see myself really having a fun time dancing on.

After trying a small test run dose of around 20 milligrams last night I have to say I actually quite enjoyed the effects of this disso. It seems underrated to me, and strikes me as a good niche dissociative. I didn't get much euphoria or magic from it, but combined with a nice indica this dose actually put me to sleep and had me feeling fuzzy and warm. I am sure the effects are much different in the higher dosage range, and would like to try at least 35-50 mgs next time. It also seems like a good dissociative to combine with another disso as a means of potentiation.

Yeah I find most dissociatives become a much more positive experience when combined with Cannabis. This stuff is pretty neutral for me without it but once I smoke some Cannabis it feels great. It's not quite as out there and crazy/psychedelic as stuff like dxm or ketamine for me, but it's a nice dissociated comfy feeling.

Has anyone tried DXM, ketamine, and maybe even 2f-ketamine (or dck which is supposedly very similar) and MXP? I've been sitting on a gram for months, it'd be my first venture into a "harder" dissociative, though I'm very experienced with the ones I have tried. I want more euphoria though, even slight manic feelings. Can anyone compare?

I've tried a low dose of DXM (300mg) with 100mg of MXP (my normal dose is 140-150mg) and it was a pretty good experience. It's pretty much what you'd expect. A little bit of the DXM craziness mixed in with cleaner pure dissociation of MXP. It wasn't anything groundbreaking but 300mg is a really low dose of DXM for me. In fact the MXP wore off faster than the DXM so I was just left with the DXM feeling for the last couple hours of it and that part of it was kind of disappointing. Please keep in mind I have done tons of DXM and have a high tolerance to it though. 300mg is only first plateau for me.

^I'd bet some good money that it will outlive you in those conditions; as far as I can tell from my experiences, tryptamines are the only substances to really fuss about when it comes to storage. I keep my lysergimides in room temp and I haven't seen any degradation at 2+ years time. Things like MXE, phenethylamines, etc. seem to have an amazing shelf life. I don't have any MXP myself but I'm sure it would be as stable as any of its relatives.

Even some tryptamines have a pretty long shelf life. I had a batch of 4-ACO-DMT that sat in an envelope in a room temperature closet for 10+ years and it hadn't lost any of it's potency in that time that I could tell (compared to brand new batches I have). From what I've read it seems some of the 4-HO ones have faster degradation but I haven't hung onto any of those long enough to find out.

Last edited: