• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP Thread - Part 2 - 'Foxphenny Methoxphenny'?

Just looking at the chemical structure it seems that these xphenidines are perhaps a little too lipophilic (fatloving) to snort, compared to arylcyclohexylamines they might lack enough polar groups to compensate for the aromatic groups. Good water solubility is crucial for making snorting useful.

How limited is water solubility by the way? I wonder how RobotRipping IMed 1000 mg (saw that in the TR forum), how was that dissolved anyway? Must have taken a good volume of water??

My MXP was unsnortable.

It works, there are just two things to consider.

1. If you don't crush it up really fine, small chunks will get lodged up your nose. I'd imagine this is because they aren't soluble in water. It's very uncomfortable, and very hard to shift them. They just kind of sit there.

2. It's a highly ineffective method of administration, so you've got to to sniff roughly 3-4 times as much (in my experience, for a baseline dose. Please don't take my word on this).

What are peoples thoughts on taking low doses of a dissociative for depression? Does it often end well? This is far more effective for fatigue and depression than anything else I've taken.

Yesterday i took about 100-200mgish orally cuz i have a spiked drink bottle in my room and it made me ocd like, i was cleaning my room for hours, doing some small jobs like filling gaps with filler, moving furniture, sanding rough parts of walls and stuff, made a sketch of how i would like to arange the furniture in my room, basically was veryy creative and with loads of energy to work. I love it at low doses but i have high tolerance. It really makes me productive and gives such ideas i wouldnt think of while sober. It really is a lovely drug at low doses. Im on roughly 100mg now and having a really nice chillin evenin with friends. Altho i have had horror storrys too

I think when drugs have multiple effects, like action on NMDAr for dissociation, but also monoaminergic action causing stimulation and mania... it's possible or rather very likely that you build up tolerance for the dissociative effects, but not really for the stimulation effects.

This is I think an important realization, that explains and affects what habitual users experience.

DRI's like methylphenidate are known to cause little or slow tolerance, so it is not crazy to suppose that if you grow tolerant to the dissociation the effect of drugs like these becomes more stimulating or anti-depressant, or what BathSalts described ^ as ocd like..

One of my worst experiences with mxp was... Well i dont recall much really. I had a fresh batch of 3g. I weighted out about 250-300mg as i was going for a hole and ws feelin like why not, crushed the crystals, put it in a glass of coke or something and chuged it. Fo first 2 hours i thought it wasnt active at all. Then i felt the buzzing sound/feeling thru my body. At that point i realised i might get shitfaced so tried to watch a movie and sleep. Turned on some comedy, smoked a pre rolled earlier joint of 5f-pb-22 i think and laid down in my bed relaxing. The next thing i remember was crawling downstairs for a cig like 12h later not being able to understand where i am, who i m, wht year it is or what is a cigarete. According to witneses that cig took me over 2h, i ws like crawling on the concrete in the garden at 2am in my bathrobe trying to realise what realm i am in. Also from witnesess i heard that after that i came back to my bed and was laughing uncontrolably for an hr or so. Then i went on a very beutiful dream of what i believe could be one of the posible afterlifes. Woke up god know when, smoked another joint of forementioned noid and went back to a beautiful dream of what i believe was one of the worlds we will go to after death. Woke up again hours later went for normal cig while coming back to reality feeling fucked up like never before. After that cig took 6-8mg diclaz cuz at that time i though it might help me at least to come off the binge. And it did. Slep for only few hrs tho, woke up still disso fucked up badly. Turned out it all lasted over 2 days and i had only 900mg of my 3g mxp left. Afterglow lingered for 36h+. To sum up dont do reckless like me, hide your stash after initial dose and never dose over 200mg even if u think u got tolerance. Mxp can give a very beautiful experience at lo to moderate doses, but if u dose rekless and/or redose, it is one HELL OF A DRUG. Stay safe out the bluelighters.

Wonder why there's a resurgence in interest in MXP? Or perhaps, I wonder why there wasn't more interest from the beginning.

My trials were pretty universally positive at typically (if I remember correctly) 60mg oral.

Then again, I did finally dump my stash? Why I can't remember the exact reason, but I obviously finally felt it "had" me. I was dosing when I should have avoided had rational prevailed.

My fondest memories of MXP are actually in the comedown, laying in bed, and getting taken for a ride on the source vibration. Felt like massage medicine for the brain.

Considering acquiring more and making another try one of these days.

I'm assuming the resurgence in interest with MXP has mostly to do with the China ban making MXE harder to source for some. I've finally found pretty good quality MXE again so I haven't gotten around to trying any of the new dissociative analogues beside MXE. This thread does make MXP sound worth a spin though, how much worse is the amnesiac effect from this compared to MXE? I hate never being able to remember my experiences with dissociatives... If I could source 3-MeO-PCP in quantities less than 1g-5g that would be amazing, sadly I haven't been able to. xx-phenidines sound so sketch compared to MXE & even 3-MeO-PCP when I read about them, so many people report blacking out and eating they're whole stash with the phenidines it seems. Anyway, im just ranting now. End

Last edited:
My trials were pretty universally positive at typically (if I remember correctly) 60mg oral.

What sort of effects did you experience at 60mg orally? I'm still yet to experience dissociation on 44mg, and I'm weary about going much higher.

My personal reason for recently being interested (and having somewhat bumped this thread back), is because I had a hunch that this was a dissociative sold to friends as ketamine, around about this time one year ago. I tried snorting small amounts in a line, and experienced roughly similar effects to what I am now. However, that stuff seemed much more nasally active, and put a few of my friends in 6-8 hour dissociative holes, in which they had to be restrained. Is ephenidine nasally active?

What sort of effects did you experience at 60mg orally?

Firstly I should say that I seem to be naturally tolerant to dissociatives and also I forget my doses (it was a while ago), so please ignore that number. :)

That said, I don't go for holes or anything close to that. My use was, combined with pot, as a creativity enhancer. I did a lot of writing on this stuff. It felt stimulating too, which was useful (but annoying if you want to sleep).

I went through ~500mg of MXP in like 4 sessions or something and every time was positive. I doubt I will order it again though (got it for free as a bonus when ordering something else) because there are better dissociatives and it isn't too cheap here. It was nice and mellow at ~100mg doses, euphoric hole-ish when combining with weed and a few beers too but nothing extraordinary. Antidepressant effects were present the next day too so it was fun stuff to get for free. Can't compete with the one and only MXE though. I feel it's easier to go in and out of hole with this than MXE, don't know what happens when you take a high initial dose all at once.

My MXP was unsnortable.
I agree man. It just made my nose raw and gave me an awful drip that I just swallowed. It took almost as long to kick in and I assume it's because I had swallowed the drip and that's where all the mxp was.

I notice that this chemical produces effects that are identical to Diphenidine, but when the dose becomes more research appropriate(heavier) it will fluctuate and produce completely different sets of dissosiation. I bring this up because it also means that it's not a very reliable dissosiative and this it not how I feel this chemical should be branded as unreliable. Although I can not make an argument suggesting it is more than it has lead us to know of it because it requires such heavy dosages to get a feeling. From my experience it took me 300mg to define and understand it's dissociative state and although it was quite amazing and easy to take in I did not have more to say whatsoever.

To summarize, The general effect of MXP has undeniable similarities to Diphenidine, they can be hard to notice. When taking more of MXP the overall experience will become different and not just intensified. I don't want to say that MXP is not good but no proof on my part as of yet. I took 3 100mg cap within 20 minutes of eachother and only than could I understand anything about this fine chemical, I'm not a fan of taking multiple caps.

Last edited:
I'm getting 2 grams of this stuff through the post tomorrow. I was a Ket fiend for some years before bladder issues so having had a few years off have had some mixed reviews regarding all the post K dissos.
My main gripe with pretty much all the newbies, including MXE is the lack of immediacy in terms of snorting the wham/bam K-Hole half gram lines. There seemed a certain safety in knowing you'd be K-holing in minutes whereas with these new dissos it's like a waiting game fraught with ambiguity.
I certainly preferred high doses of 3 Meo-PCMO over diphenidine and uhh,, is it ephenidine(?) recently but they just tended to linger a little too much along the borderline retarded/psychotic states (in a fun challenging way nonetheless) than a full on hole. MXE similar though fair enough I'm interested in how this compares for stim / opiate like glows. Needless to say I do like these drugs to dump me into dissociatives holes rather than stimmy euphoric states I can find elsewhere so I aim to hole.
That said Ketamines all but dried up here so here's to the new contender. I'll start on 100mg MXP oral tomorrow and perhaps redose 50-100mg if I'm satisfied and comfortable doing so after 4 hours.
I've been developing a minor Methadone habit of late (once or twice a week - friend bought) so it's good to have a few weeks off that but in all likelihood at some point I'll try an MXP / Methadone comedown combo.
I'm more than happy to plug this stuff as a preferred ROA after initial oral dose due to the inconsistencies in full / empty stomach and the effects ebbing and flowing especially with a redose and will more than likely combine with NO2 and see how that works to.
That said , I do know my way around these things and prefer to do them alone, phone off the hook, benzos on hand and would seriously advise anyone to read the entire threads on these RCs and work out your own harm reduction methods.
Anyway,, will let you know - peace

THE DOH!!!! UPDATE - Whereby in classic dissociative blunder mode you think this is a new one to try then read further into past MXP threads and realise you have indeed done this before.. With dissapointing effects at low levels. Here were my initial thoughts - ON READING THIS BACK I'LL DEFINITELY NEED 200mg starter tomorrow

*Update - 125mg orally,, on fairly full stomach left me fairly unimpressed.
I'd describe the physicals more like woozy-drunk than any of the more fun angular style of walking wonkily with gravity that K does. It has an interesting effect on the body coming up on it, more heavy than light though,, like you can feel its pull more like Salvia than Ketamine. That sucked as I'm no fan of Salvia.
MILDish dissociative feelings sure (3 outta 10 type. Could still go out and talk / score easily) but not even approaching what fun I got up to on K > MXE or 3 MEO-PCMO at much higher doses,,which I did very recently so this may have hindered initial try-outs to be fair.
This underwhelming experience is blatantly mostly a tolerance issue my end rather than the drugs subjective effects.
But still for what it's worth it wasn't near anything as forgettably memorable as even a mid-MXE dose this time round.
And the long onset / duration is so far from the snorting half a gram of K type BOOM onset/experience I for one prefer, so probably about as far from K as a dissociative gets for me thus far but I got more to play with.
Though just speaking for myself,, whilst I do over emphasise subjective elements to all this (for good reason especially with this substance) I'm actually a bit more likely to want some insane for a few hours dissociation like cr00k eloquently suggests than a more typical psychedelic experience.
On the positive (and actually it is surprisingly positive) I did wake up the following day with an alarmingly happy spring in my step for some weird reason so not all bad. I'm fairly sure I'll be able to handle around 200mgs next seeing as I could function in public on 125mgs even though,, yeah,, more of a clear headed but woozy effect on the body physically. Sloppy drunk rather than wonky robo-K walking. Hopefully I can plug this stuff to. Meh..

2nd report - OK, 2nd time round on this. Gummed (oral) a first 125, nastyish taste but went away / Ate a 2nd 125mg both around 10.5 now hours ago
Before even thinking how I'll end this report I've A) noticed it seems a far better anti-depressant than it is a hardcore dissociative and B) noticed that at least in public lends itself to an annoying slurry type of physical wooziness which is about as far from the fun I had 'back in the day' when I used to challenge myself to shadow-box having just snorted big lines of Ketamine,, which as a past-time used to be a super-fun challenge for the body,, physically. This stuff,, FOR ME, physically, certainly on a trial dose of 125mg is just nothing like that. Context is everything though,, I know. .
So I've been on a 250mg dose for the past 10 hours,, 10 and a half whilst typing this and a bit of re-editing but probably most crucially to this report keeping very busy with an "art" project I have 2 weeks to submit - (Basically at this level for me it's still useful as a creative aid)

So tomorrow I'll start by adding 200mg to dissolve in boiling water, let it cool,, plug - then see how much I have to amp it up to get to the threshold levels just short of how crOok eloquently describes his heavier times on this.
Probably see if NO2 works well with it all as well. Sadly it just seems I have kept my tolerance for these kinds of drugs so don't try these dosages yourselves unless already very well versed. Be warned

Last edited:
This is far more effective for fatigue and depression than anything else I've taken.

An update on my short stint with this chemical. The doses were generally 40mg~, and via oral administration.

Day 1: Stay up until 2 in the morning playing on decks. Decide to offset sleeping by doing pushups. This is completely unlike me. Fatigue, depression and anxiety completely eliminated. A very euphoric day.
Day 2: Kind of like day 1, but not quite so good. Pretty euphoric.
Day 3: I can't possibly imagine getting anxiety, but I'm not sure I like it. Its kind of like my ability to feel emotion has been labotomised. Feel very neutral.
Day 4: I don't feel very good, and I don't like this any more. I feel like I could get anxious, but don't. It is incredibly cold and clinical.
Day 5: I definitely do not like this, and I feel anxious, depressed and fatigued. Incredibly dysphoric.

I waited a week and took some more, and it was exactly like day 5. And so ends my experiment with MXP.

(Actually I'd quite like to try it again with a benzo, but I'd probably just sniff my way back through day five)

ive been wondering if this would be a good disso to try, for someone thats pretty new-ish to dissos and well experienced in psychedelics. but from observations it seems like this one reacts very different from person to person, more-so than most RCs
how would some of you compare this to 3-meo-pcp?

My MXP was unsnortable.

Mine too. I tried insufflating once, never again. It burnt quite a lot. IIRC after a few minutes it stopped hurting because the numbing effect took over. But it definitely felt like my mucosa was damaged.

Also, this compound makes me pretty introspective if left alone with my thoughts, and the resulting thoughts are often depressing in nature.

Mine too. I tried insufflating once, never again. It burnt quite a lot. IIRC after a few minutes it stopped hurting because the numbing effect took over. But it definitely felt like my mucosa was damaged.

Also, this compound makes me pretty introspective if left alone with my thoughts, and the resulting thoughts are often depressing in nature.

I always snorted it, due to the long come-up orally (2h vs. 45min. insufflated). But not more than 70mg. I agree, that the crystals are too big and not easily water-soluble. The drip does not completely fade away until the 30 min mark, and the crystals sting in the throat.

The main effects IMHO are not depressing, but melancholic. The difference is, that depression is self-destructive and melancholy is self-purging. You'll feel better than before taking the drug after the effects are over.

picked some of this up the other day and will be trying it on saturday, is there a difference in effect based on bodyweight? my usual drug squad has some fluctuations in the weight deparment, sometimes leaving my larger friend slightly dissapointed (often redosing) and the one/two thinner people pretty content, but occasionally monged with their first, and myself being the happy medium. I've seen some people saying that it is similar to DXM, but others saying the opposite. its the only dissociative i have previous experience with (i dose 750mg from time to time) however the others have had a few run ins with ketamine. The plan is to dose 60-80mg with a potential (if only 60mg taken) 30mg redose after an hour or so, none of us have a tolerence for dissociatives, does this seem like a reasonably sensible dose? With other things (MDAI is the best example) im much happier eyeballing doses due to the amount that needs to be taken, and the duration of the high, but for something that lasts potentially 12-18 hours that i have no prior experience with, im aiming to be quite conservative/carefull.