• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP Thread - Part 2 - 'Foxphenny Methoxphenny'?

I always snorted it, due to the long come-up orally (2h vs. 45min. insufflated). But not more than 70mg. I agree, that the crystals are too big and not easily water-soluble. The drip does not completely fade away until the 30 min mark, and the crystals sting in the throat.

The main effects IMHO are not depressing, but melancholic. The difference is, that depression is self-destructive and melancholy is self-purging. You'll feel better than before taking the drug after the effects are over.

Mine was a fine powder. When dissolved in water it gives a white-ish solution.

I have a new batch now, from a new vendor. The come-up from oral administration seems definitely longer (I'd say around 2h) than that of the previous batch (around 1h - 1h30). It may also be because I ate pizza 2h before. But I had been eating prior to oral administration with the previous batch as well.

And yes, I agree with you, it is melancholic. Once I took it with metocin. I ended up crying, feeling like I was surrounded by sadness and being sadness myself. But it was definitely self-purging. No OEV's though, whereas the MXE and metocin combo always give me the most awesome visuals.

The plan is to dose 60-80mg with a potential (if only 60mg taken) 30mg redose after an hour or so, none of us have a tolerence for dissociatives, does this seem like a reasonably sensible dose?

I would say yes, it is a reasonable dose. The most I've taken in one session was 75 mg followed by a 75 mg redose (with no tolerance, or maybe a slight one), and I was not extremely dissociated. However, I can't definitely judge of the intensity of the dissociation alone, because I was also on clonazolam (1500 ug, with a slight tolerance), weed, and then one beer, followed by chewed salvia (3.5 g) (I ended up falling alseep while chewing the salvia, sitting in front of my computer, and waking up with my shirt full of brownish drool).

When I take MXP at a party I take between 40 and 75 mg (oral), in one dose (75 mg being the maximum, and 60 mg being the second highest). At the 75 mg dose I did get the feeling of leaving my body when closing my eyes, also extreme melancholia, but it was around 6h after a 100 ug 1P-LSD dose.

Check this out for more info about dosage.

Last edited:
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=108006

This person should realize that nootropics have been known to counter effects of dissociatives. This isn't necessarily an exact science (yet), but it makes at least some neuropharmacological sense and has been suggested by at least several people.

So if you read this: be careful and readjust your dose if you suddenly stop taking nootropics with it.

Took 80mg MXP & vaporized some weed this morning at the office. Why? Because I hadn't touched MXP in a long long time and had never tried it during the office day.

Recent drug history: Low, spread-out doses of MXE on some weekends, to attempt to help with motivation/depression. I have a dissociative tolerance.

Setting: My office. Set: Have been overworked, but recently finished a project. Family life takes up all my non-work hours, and I'm chronically sleep deprived due to sick kid & baby. Not happy in my relationship. Trying to figure out how to be creative in my world. Love being a father.

Since my most recent work project was just completed, I gave myself a day to slow down and just clean up and organize the office. I think my favorite trips on any drugs often have me cleaning and/or organizing. Perhaps this is because it is something that I can do slowly, at whatever pace, and still feel like I'm being productive, combined with the fact that I can simultaneously listen to music and contemplate as desired.

I decided to listen to Leonard Cohen's last album (Popular Problems) which I hadn't yet listened to. Great choice. The first song on the album is called Slow. In the middle of the album one song ended and I thought, "that was a catchy tune, let me listen to that again." Second pass through the song I started crying like a little baby and could hardly stop. I have to agree with other posters who suggest that the nature of this one is melancholic. Perhaps I'm already a melancholic guy and that's why I like MXP at all.

Then again, I also took a walk and texted a friend, chatting about unfinished projects (we have had *many*) and feeling generally silly and giddy. After the walk, I wrote a poem: the first I have written in a few weeks. Felt good, easy, natural.

Overall, mild but healing. Hit the spot for me today.

This probably goes without saying, but I don't think dissociatives are good ideas when one has serious responsibilities; even if those responsibilities are normal family life, as in my case. I've never got to where I wanted to, with any dissociative, when real life is running the show (which is 99% of the time for me these days). Sometimes they seem to help, but I think, finally, they hurt if taken in the wrong context. At the right time and place, however, they can be wonderfully healing; even the supposedly least-interesting amongst them, like MXP.

A little history before my question,
You would be hard pressed to find a drug I have not done, mostly I have done meth my whole life, illicitly from 15-36 by prescription from 36-47 (After an appropriate diagnosis of add/ADHD). I have. Tried most of the DOx series, the NBOME & related series & every lysergimide & every other sub Rc u can think of. From this I have come to 2 conclusions:
1) you MUST respect all chemicals. The second you don't they will take you!
2) for every one of us, just as we all have unique fingerprints, bio-chemical electrical fields/auras, there is something, be it a single amino acid, branch chain AA, botanical or synthetic chemical, that will make us to as close to a perfect being as we can achieve.

I have found this in methoxyphenidine. I have take enough before to totally disaccociate myself from everything. I thought I was dead. While there is a part of me that found this experience benificial, it scared the hell out of me & I never wish to experience this again. With that said I have found methoxyphenidine to be my 'perfect drug' (please excuse the cliche). Hence my question. At arround 50mg the effect it has on me is perfect. I am mor am more amicable, empathetic, happy. Understanding. At one with the universe.
So here's my question- does anyone know of any long term health risks associated with low dose use of methoxyphenidine on a regular basis??
Thanx,
Me

Tested this out recently, got a gram to split with a friend. First go with it was drinking as well, felt mentally muddled but at peace with everything. Hard time communicating but the tranquility that settled on me made the experience worth while. Started off with a small bump to begin with, maybe around 50mg. Did 250mg that night total (weighed out what was left in the bag). It didn't seem like anything special, but the second time was one of the greatest, most calming and beautiful experiences I've had in a long time. Will post on the second experience in detail when I am able, planning on writing up a trip report. Wonderful chemical from what I've felt. Very recently my friend hung herself and this has been surprisingly helpful in putting life in perspective.

how often are dissociates safe to do for someone that likes to practice responsibly using, harm reduction?

Last edited:
what-are dissocatives (mxp) beneficial for? and any studies done on mxp?

example maps has done mdma studies,John Hopkins has done psilocybin, and i think a new study from maps for weed for ptsd

Last edited:
For the person above who was into Ket and had bladder issues, rest assured, both MXE and MXP can cause similar issues. I've seen it happen to people using a lot of it and I started having issues urinating, having odd sensations in my UT, and other such things that made me run from that shit like the plague. The problem with MXP is that the doses tend to be MUCH higher, into the hundreds of MGs once you get used to it, and so I think it affects the UT even that much more/sooner. I wasn't about to have my kidneys or bladder get fucking destroyed so as much as I loved MXE and like MXP, I stay far away from that stuff. Just wanted to throw that out for the person above who gave up K because of bladder issues.

Has anyone tried this with any tryptamines (like shrooms, lsd, 4-aco-dmt, etc)? I tried digging through that 30 page thread but didn't really find anything about it. Seems like it could be an interesting combo but I'm wondering if one or the other would overpower the other, and what doses would be appropriate etc.

what-are dissocatives (mxp) beneficial for? and any studies done on mxp?

example maps has done mdma studies,John Hopkins has done psilocybin, and i think a new study from maps for weed for ptsd

bump wondering how this stuff can benefit a person?

I tried a little "test" of 4-aco-dmt combined with MXP. I took 12mg of 4-aco-dmt (my normal dose is 30mg) at 2PM, and since the peak usually lasts about 5 hours I tried to time it so I'd have roughly an hour left at the peak when the MXP took effect. The 4-aco-dmt trip was pretty tame by my standards, as would be expected with such a low dose. Still felt pretty good and "at one" with the world, and some minor visual distortions but nothing groundbreaking.

At 4PM I took 150mg of MXP which is my normal dose. Up until about 5:30 I basically didn't feel the MXP at all (which is normal for me), but the 4-aco-dmt was still at the peak. Over the next half hour the MXP gradually took effect and created some pretty intense euphoria to the point where I was laughing with joy. The MXP seemed to smooth out all the "rough edges" of the tryptamine feeling while leaving all the good feelings. The visuals were pretty crazy at this point too. Everything was making huge ripples/waves like water to the point I was almost convinced I could just go swimming in it. Instead of leaving me in a "void" like MXP usually does I was much more alert and active. I had so many ideas of things to do (play piano, dance/move around, go outside, draw/paint something, etc) but it was hard to stay focused on any one thing. I kept getting stuck in thought loops as well, even repeating the same actions over and over (I knew it was happening but somehow couldn't stop). At one point in the trip I remember wondering if I was a malfunctioning android/robot of some kind or part of a computer simulation that was broken, and it seems silly now but I'm pretty sure I even repeated MALFUNCTION a few times...possibly influenced by the spacey sci-fi ambient music I had playing most of the trip. Again it seems pretty silly now but I really believed it at the time. It's hard to say when but at some point the trip became more of a normal MXP trip (probably because the 4-aco-dmt was wearing off as I had planned). More in a void of nothingness and tranquility which is more how MXP normally effects me, and as it wore off some deep introspection. In particular I made the decision to try to lose the 25-30lbs of fat I have picked up over the winter. It just seemed so ridiculous that I had even gained that weight in the first place just because "stuff tastes good". That was about a week ago and I've already lost 5lbs. :)

All in all it was a pretty crazy experience. I haven't had a trip quite that surprising and special in awhile, probably because I have become too familiar with tryptamines, phenylethylamines, and dissociatives by themselves over the last 15 years (probably at least 100 trips with each class of drugs). I've only combined "serious" psychedelics a couple times before (MDMA + shrooms) and usually would just combine them with weed and maybe some opiates/benzos for the comedown. I'm glad I started with such a low dose of 4-aco-dmt and spaced them so far apart. At a higher dose lasting for many hours I'm not sure what would have happened or what I would have done (I'm not someone who does daft/dangerous things or redoses even on heavy doses of psychedelics, but even so I could see it happening combined large doses of these 2 drugs). I don't think I've ever felt so "out of my mind" yet still been so conscious/active and able to remember so much about it, almost like someone else's memories had been put in my head or an alternate personality of some kind. I've had some serious high dose ketamine and dxm experiences where I was pretty sure I had died, ascended to another dimension, etc but in those cases I only actually remembered brief moments from those trips. This one it feels like I remember most of what happened. It's just hard to actually make sense of it and that it was me who experienced it.

~This WALL OF TEXT was not built by Mexicans.

bump wondering how this stuff can benefit a person?

I know there have been studies with ketamine that have shown it has some value as an anti-depressant and for helping people cope with chronic pain. However, most dissociatives seem to have some pretty serious physical side effects when used on a regular basis so in most cases I think the long term side effects would outweigh the benefits of using them therapeutically.

Like most "trips" there is the potential for insights you wouldn't have had otherwise, so from that perspective they can be beneficial when used occasionally. Dissociatives tend to destroy your ego at high doses which can offer a valuable/unique perspective on things that your ego normally wouldn't allow you to consider. They can also make some people do some pretty stupid/crazy things though, especially if you are the type of person who tends to redose in the middle of a trip (when your judgement is not great).

In a trip report 80-85mg Methoxphenidine supposed to be about similar potency to ~110-115mg Diphenidine and that supposed to be maybe best dose maybe for someone with no tolerance idk

In another trip report I read on here one guy did 120 mg and went to jail after calling the police or something on himself, like thinking he was in a dream and didnt matter what he did

that's the kind of stories that scare me

Do not snort this stuff.

I did the worst thing and eyeballed a fairly large bump. I'm experiencing very minimal dissociation, but maximal nose burning. It must be like an hour now and my nostril is still very uncomfortable. The sensation is even radiating out as far as my eyebrow/temple.

I immediately weighed out the rest into 100mg capsules.

Has anyone tried this with any tryptamines (like shrooms, lsd, 4-aco-dmt, etc)? I tried digging through that 30 page thread but didn't really find anything about it. Seems like it could be an interesting combo but I'm wondering if one or the other would overpower the other, and what doses would be appropriate etc.

I did a combo of allylescaline, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, MXE, MXP, 4-HO-MET and 2C-D (all in reasonable doses). It was my best trip ever. Roughly, first half was allylescaline, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, MXP and MXE. When the MXE hit me, I was on my road to the beach, there were energy lines connecting everything, the visuals were astounding. I went to lie down on the beach, I became one with it, I could see my mind fragmented, projected and rotating into the gleaming nightsky. I also felt reborn. It was like I was experiencing something divine, a pure bliss, a glimpse of beauty in its pure state. Second half was the intake of 4-HO-MET and 2C-D. Inside the house this time. This part was still extremely rich in hallucinations.

Also I've tried MXP + 4-HO-MET + 2C-D, also 1P-LSD + MXP. But the synergy has nothing to see with the one you get by mixing psychedelics with MXE. Much less visual. Still interesting though. Maybe I haven't pushed the MXP dose enough.

Last edited:
Any people here with massive dissociative tolerance, and does MXP has any reasonable effect for you? Or do you have to dose so high that side-effects or long duration become a problem?

Any people here with massive dissociative tolerance, and does MXP has any reasonable effect for you? Or do you have to dose so high that side-effects or long duration become a problem?

I could go through a gram of quality MXE in a day or two, in the form of IM injections of ~100mg (80-120mg usually, sometimes up to 150mg) in an interval of 1-2 hours with short breaks in between. I have long term tolerance and a desire for pretty extreme dissociation, though I abstain these days because I wish to pursue other interests in life. When I briefly experimented with MXP, I found that while I couldn't achieve that same level of dissociation as with MXE, I did get some much milder yet interesting novel effects. I can't remember exactly how high doses I was using, around 150-200mg maybe?

I could easily feel it in my body so I knew it was affecting me, but I was often sceptical if it's doing anything. Then suddenly out of nowhere I would notice something extremely odd, like I put on a TV show and watched a new episode and was really puzzled because I was 100% convinced that everything was computer rendered, I asked my friend if the shows actors had quit or was this some kind of funky special episode or what on earth was going on? He was puzzled too, because it was just another episode with normal actors and tried to assure me nothing funky is going on. I couldn't believe it so I had to watch movies I had seen before and knew were actually shot in real life, but even they looked like pure CGI to me. Nothing else really felt altered, but this was a really profound visual effect to me.

It's like I would sometimes get these very specific and weird effects from MXP, sometimes nothing that I would notice except the body feel. I never had problems with coordination or movement either. Interesting experiment but it didn't leave me with the same desire to repeat it like ketamine or MXE which I would relentlessly consume dose after dose as soon as I was able to redose until there's nothing left.

I started doing dissociatives 17 years ago and something like 150mg gave me a cool hole experience.

I like this drug. If ephenidine feels like a low dose phenetheylamine, then MXP feels like a low dose tryptamine. I feel like insufflating is completely different to ingesting it; insufflating being preferable. It's good for adding a little flavor to your day, but not much more than that. It gives me a buzz and a bit of energy, with a mildly altered perception. Too much just causes a speech impediment for me. And it lasts a while.

Don't expect to be blown away, but if you fancy feeling a bit different and having a bit of energy then it's different.

*Also makes music sound crisp as fuck.

Last edited:
I like this drug. If ephenidine feels like a low dose phenetheylamine, then MXP feels like a low dose tryptamine. I feel like insufflating is completely different to ingesting it; insufflating being preferable. It's good for adding a little flavor to your day, but not much more than that. It gives me a buzz and a bit of energy, with a mildly altered perception. Too much just causes a speech impediment for me. And it lasts a while.

Don't expect to be blown away, but if you fancy feeling a bit different and having a bit of energy then it's different.

*Also makes music sound crisp as fuck.

interesting. Low dose tryp . what dose would give that minor effects for someone that does not ever do dissoactives

Comparing -phenidines to trypts or phens is not accurate at all IMHO. They all are cold, amnesic, dysphoric... They don't share a single point with any psychedelic beside both are drugs.