• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

Hello, i recently recieved a gram and a half of MET. its orangish big chunks/rocks. not sure if its freebase. i recieved it in a trade. anyhoo i cant find much info except this thread and a few TR on erowid. MET sounds great. ive never tried dmt, the power of it and complete ego loss always scared me away. i have done every tryptamine rc except dpt 5 meo dmt, the true ego dissoluting ones. does this MET compare to DMT at all ? would you consider is recreational ? alot of things can be extremely powerful/psychedelic and not be recreational. currently im just looking for some fun, not a vision quest or white outs. also has anyone taken this orally ? how long did it last ? visuals ? MGS got me interested in this one after i was reading his 4th of july posts, also 2cc ! lol i have yet to try either but have them in my possesion.

i also have a uqestion regarding cross tolerance... most people dont report much tolerance developing to DMT. as this is also a short acting tryptamine thats mainly vaped, is this also making it less prone to tolerance? how would one go about incorporating small amount in a combo?

PsychedelicSicknes, I don't think MET induces ego loss, unless you shoot a very high dose of cause. It's not really orally active, I think, so you would need a MAOI for that.

kingme, I think for that it's probably best to vape it.

Received a report that the orange/brown MET that has recently appeared might not even be MET. I also received a sample of the DPT that showed up around the same time—also an orange-ish brown colour—that either has very significant impurities, or isn't even DPT. I'm pretty sure they were produced by the same lab. The DPT HCl melted before 150°C and almost immediately vaporized; it's supposed to melt at around 174-179°C. Someone told me that the MET is also being falsely represented.

Stay safe, guys.

PsychedelicSicknes, I don't think MET induces ego loss, unless you shoot a very high dose of cause. It's not really orally active, I think, so you would need a MAOI for that.

kingme, I think for that it's probably best to vape it.

Yeah it's gentle at least at the 5-20mg level. I shared some with a friend, a total light weight, and HE LOVED it. Asked for more throughout the night.

no shit not even real !!! wtf this isnt from the batch from the place that also started selling dpt recently too and plans to sell 2c-ef. i believe this was bought a little while ago and from a diff. site. but yea its straight orang ISH and has some big rocks. ill find out where he bought it in e mails hopefully. i dont want to even test it now. but what the hell ill give it a shot!

is that right MGS. well if a newb loved it then it sounds pretty fun/gentle. what were u dosing him ? ive had a couple s/n throughout the ten years or so ive been on this site, and ive always heeded your word MGS. i remember i was 17 asking you for advice on 2ct2, i know u wont remember bc i was a newb on another s/n years ago lol

WISH ME LUCK GUYS !! ITS EITHER PLAIN AL-LAD OR AL-LAD WITH MET THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT, sorry about caps lock lol

My friend (who is the original LIGHT WEIGHT in my world, who had total ego death, OBE on 10mg DPT) was given 7mg to start with, and re-dosed twice at 7mg and 10mg. He loved it, actually asked to do it again the next day but it wasn't in the stars. Good 'training' psychedelic.

The freebase MET I am familiar with is a slightly off white crystalline powder. Looks similar to the 5-MeO-DMT and MiPT I am familiar with. No detectable tryptamine odor from the vial but I definitely taste the 'indole taste' when I take a hit of it.
well, generally I would warn from relying on the appearance of chemical compounds too much. one and the same substance in the highest purity can vary greatly in appearance, just depending on the precise conditions when finally crystallizing out. this is also why one cannot warn from eyeballing too much: white powders can be very fluffy or very dense, so it is impossible to give a precise dose by just looking at it.

Thanks man for looking out for me. I had not heard that before. ;) Never the less, since my vials are all labeled with known contents and I was specifically saying what I was familiar with....I still felt ok saying it. :) <3

Thanks man for looking out for me. I had not heard that before. ;) Never the less, since my vials are all labeled with known contents and I was specifically saying what I was familiar with....I still felt ok saying it. :) <3
I appreciate a lot how positive you respond to constructive critic! I was a bit unsure if I should correct you (as one of the godfathers of bluelight), and it's good to see that we understand each other.

and of course I do not doubt that your collection is well labeled, and that you know the appearance of the compounds in your possession - but still I do think one should take care a bit in a public forum not to give the new members potentially dangerous ideas.

Received a report that the orange/brown MET that has recently appeared might not even be MET. I also received a sample of the DPT that showed up around the same time—also an orange-ish brown colour—that either has very significant impurities, or isn't even DPT. I'm pretty sure they were produced by the same lab. The DPT HCl melted before 150°C and almost immediately vaporized; it's supposed to melt at around 174-179°C. Someone told me that the MET is also being falsely represented.

Stay safe, guys.

Hmm, really? Would like to know more about this on PM

I just remembered that I have to batches of MET lying around, one is freebase and one is the fumarate salt. to me, it always seemd obvious that this compound has to be freebased (which I enjoy very much), but I am not really sure what I should do with the fumarate. do I have to go through the whole kitchen chemistry process of converting it to freebase (I know it's easy, but I'm laaazy), or are there other useful routes of application? oral is possible, but ineffective, as far as I know. kombining with a MAOI? can one snort it (i.e. what can be said about the water solvability of tryptamine fumarates vs tryptamine HCl s?) or apply it rectally? or shall I just smoke it "as is"? as already others have mentioned in this thread, smoking tryptamines as HCl salt is not the optimal way to go, but very well possible. so what can be said about smoking fumarates? my gut feeling tells me that this is probably a bad idea, since also the anion is an organic molecule that can and will burn, but has anyone actually tried it?

Me too and beneath my smart alec response I am glad you felt ok to tell 'one of the godfathers' what is up. We do understand each other. And no one should ever let me (or anyone) say something public that is not right, or can be taken wrong/dangerous....that goes to anybody. Respect to ungelesene_bettlek.

My vendor just started stocking met and dpt. should I worry about his quality at all? All his other rc's nbome,2c-x,4-subs are great quality always white powder. If he has an impure batch he lists it in the description and cuts the price a bit. But his met is a new product and it's on an "introductory" sale, no reports on sos about the quality of his met and dpt

If you guys have SOS accounts please post the appearance of the met/dpt you got on the vendors page. I dont want to waste my money on shitty product

Met HCL can it be vaporized efficiently? All i can get is hcl and freebasing is a pain. I guess ill freebase some. Also have 3g dpt on the way can it be vapourized as an hcl salt?

No, not effectively. That is why the old axiom applies, salts for injecting, snorting and base for smoking.

Probably not a great idea to smoke HCL salts as there's a very good chance they will decompose into hydrogen chloride and the base. Even if most of it does vaporize cleanly, there's bound to be at least a small amount that decomposes and do you really want to inhale hydrogen chloride? I don't even want to smoke tryptamine free bases after trying some 5-MEO-DALT and found it pretty heinous. I'll stick with the 4 subs myself. Orally active and generally more potent anyway. Never tried any plain tryptamines myself. I've read about experimental use of DPT for psychological purposes and they would give rather high doses and invariably the subject would puke their guts out then have very violent themed hallucinations, things like large battle scenes. Then they would go through an ego death thing and everything would resolve okay. While that may be good for psychological breakthroughs, I'm not real interested in the preliminary puking and violent hallucinations parts. I think the usual dose was 60 mg if my memory serves me.

There is generally little or no nausea with DPT. It can happen but many intense psychedelic experiences will cause vomiting in some people.

MET-hausca world first

I'm on Parnate. On this day I had taken 40mg prior to and 20mg with the MET, "brown", approx. 200mg.
I'm also on 6g of Piracetam per day.

t=30mins I feel the start, dreamy and sleepy tryptamine feeling.
t=1hr CEV are in full swing, they are very slow and messy, not kalaidescopic or geometric at all. Not particularly colourful, either.
t= 1:30 Still in full swing, body discomfort has me restless
t= 2 CEV have stopped, I look out from the bed and my eyes have severe wobbles. Can't see properly
t= 2-4 Restlessness in the body increases throughout this time. There has been no psychedelic insights although at it's peak it was a +++
t= 4:30 5mg Olanzapine taken, doesn't really work to settle the trip
t= 6 Starts to fade and become comfortable again.

Comments: I'm not very impressed with this compound. I had expected more. 50mg MiPT was more interesting (see report in MiPT thread). MET-huasca in no way resembles DMT pharm-"ayahuasca". Why is it that if the N-moiety is unbalanced in the tryptamine molecule there is not as much excitement? Why shouldn't MET be midway between DMT and DET? (not that I've had DET). I'd like to try smoking this without any MAOI or Piracetam in my body before I pass final judgement.